• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
More codenames. Nothing new.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423531804
>july: crown and female -- special video (K. Rool and Dixie)
>august: oldman -- direct (Heihachi)
>september: emo -- special video (Shadow? Mimikyu?)
>october: whip -- direct (Simon Belmont)
>november: doll, mage, block -- smash direct (Geno, Ashley, Steve)
>december: master (secret) (Isaac? Sora? This one stumps me).

S:109 ; C:77 ; I:60 ; M:14 (I don't know what this means)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I blame Marvel for the...
Majority Of that fiasco.

Given a good budget, Capcom can make some good-*** games. And if there's one thing we know Nintendo's swimming in, it's money.
Both can take the blame. Marvel/Disney for only having MCU characters in the game to rep Marvel due to not being near having the film rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four (even though the FF are returning in the comics and they’ve pushed Deadpool alongside reviving the og Wolverine) and Capcom for the 2v2, bad designs for characters, meh gameplay, and boring storylines
How would anyone even have the information? If your name isn't Reggie Fils-Aime you have no way to get the info.
The only way we can get another leak again is is ESRB guys start sharing photos again and some dude just yoinks 'em.

Capcom isn't doing anything bad at all, they just had a rough decade is all.
Konami is the stingy one.
Konami gotta either give up or get on the good side of the public once more

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dang, I'm always being the last post on the page.
However will I get likes now?

Konami gotta either give up or get on the good side of the public once more
They dropped Kojmia they're definitely going public.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pachinko, anyone? :bobomb:

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

>july: crown and female -- special video
>august: oldman -- direct
>september: emo -- special video
>october: whip -- direct
>november: doll, mage, block -- smash direct
>december: master (secret)

S:109 ; C:77 ; I:60 ; M:14
Crown: King K. Rool; Female: Dixie Kong
Oldman: no idea. Cranky Kong?
Emo: Mimikyu
Whip: Belmont
Doll: Geno; Mage: Ashley; Block: Qbby?
Master: Master Chief?

109 stages, 77 characters (which means 2 aren't included on the list). 60 items and 14 modes?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't know man, it sounds pretty sketchy. I don't know if Nintendo wants to dip their toes into traditional fighters, ones with their IPs at least.
We had Pokken so I'm holding out hope they'll be a bit more generous with their IPs.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Crown: King K. Rool; Female: Dixie Kong
Oldman: no idea. Cranky Kong?
Emo: Mimikyu
Whip: Belmont
Doll: Geno; Mage: Ashley; Block: Qbby?
Master: Master Chief?

109 stages, 77 characters (which means 2 aren't included on the list). 60 items and 14 modes?
Old Man has to be Heihachi.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Wasn’t Marth legit not that good at SM4sh’s launch though?
Just noticed this, yeah, he was considered a low-tier and I thought he was pretty eh, I don't think he was that bad though, he wasn't as good as he was now before getting his several patches of buffs but I felt like people focused too much on what he lost and not enough on what he still had, I thought of him as being mid-tier because I felt his core design was still strong and that he was still good overall because of it, but it's in the past and nobody plays the old versions of the game so there's really no way for me to tell whether or not there's some truth to that or if it's just a dumb opinion of mine and nothing more than that. But yeah, for once he wasn't fantastic, that's for sure.

>july: crown and female -- special video
>august: oldman -- direct
>september: emo -- special video
>october: whip -- direct
>november: doll, mage, block -- smash direct
>december: master (secret)

S:109 ; C:77 ; I:60 ; M:14
Crown: King K. Rool
Female: Wow, what a great hint... Uh, maybe Dixie Kong since it's revealed next to King K. Rool? I don't know.
Oldman: Cranky Kong
Emo: Dark Matter
Whip: Obviously Simon Belmont
Doll: Mimikyu
Mage: Magolor or Ashley
Block: Obviously Steve
Master: Master Hand?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Y'know speaking of Marth, there's always one thing I've hated about his and Link's taunts.
When they taunt to sheath their weapon, they don't keep it sheath. They just pull it out right after.
This drastically decreases the disrespect potential and makes it look way lamer. The only time it looks good is when he sheaths the sword riiiiiight when the game ends.

To fix this, Marth and Link should have the sword sheathed until they do an animation that requires the sword. That way, I can get my opponent to high percent, sheath the sword, and then upthrow them into outer space.
As a Lucina main with a sheath taunt too, I'd like that, I like that a lot. it's simple yet the bait would be so good, and the reaction would be priceless.
I'd love for Reimu to be playable. With Cloud in the game, I don't put as much stock in the whole "history with Nintendo" thing. With the recent Touhou spin-offs making their way to the Switch, Reimu has about as much of a presence on Nintendo systems as Cloud does. (but not Final Fantasy as a whole of course)

Bandana Dee. :p
Yeah Touhou are starting to make their way onto the Switch, it wouldn't be impossible for her to be DLC far into next year.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"Maybe if I make a puzzle, people will believe MY leak! Nobody will ever be able to copy me!" says anon as 50 other anons think of the same idea.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
THEY FINALLY MADE A CROSSWORD PUZZLE
You want the leak, all you have to do is solve the puzzle

https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=344bc47bdd26

I looked at it, and it's a Jigsaw Puzzle AND a crossword puzzle.

This isn't just leaking.

It's ADVANCED LEAKING.
:facepalm:

There are no words. What is with this idiocy?

I'm guessing that, once it's all figured out, it's still gonna be the same characters. K.Rool, Simon, etc...

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Answers to the Jiggsaw/Word Search """Leak"""
1. K. Rool
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Lycanroc (Midday)
4. Chrom
5. Ashley
6. Elma
7. Geno
8. Simon Belmont
9. Dark Samus
10. Shadow

I'd be very happy with this roster.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
1. K. Rool
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Lycanroc (Midday)
4. Chrom
5. Ashley
6. Elma
7. Geno
8. Simon Belmont
9. Dark Samus
10. Shadow

I was suspecting a 12 newcomer addition, but what gets me is the lack of Echo Fighters in these leaks...

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I wonder what kind of crazy thing are those leakers going to make us do next? Anagrams? Ciphers? An actual ARG?

D

Deleted member

1. K. Rool
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Lycanroc (Midday)
4. Chrom
5. Ashley
6. Elma
7. Geno
8. Wonder Red
9. Dark Samus
10. Shadow
Why are some of these recent leaks forgetting Bandanna Dee?
EDWARD.gif

I want to believe Bandanna Dee is just as likely as King K. Rool.

Never been an AT but never had a costume, as well as him getting more popular.

I mean Bandanna Dee got top four in this chart.
Considering Wolf and Roy are already in, I just think Bandanna Dee's popularity will increase.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There was a leak somewhere that said that there was a Second Konami Rep but that it wasn't Simon or anyone from Castlevania. Who would it be then? Goemon?

I don't believe that a Castlevania WON'T be the second Konami rep IF we get one but I thought I'd mention it while we were discussing leaks for the Octillionth time.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
1. K. Rool
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Lycanroc (Midday)
4. Chrom
5. Ashley
6. Elma
7. Geno
8. Simon Belmont
9. Dark Samus
10. Shadow

Very few people could complain about this

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
There was a leak somewhere that said that there was a Second Konami Rep but that it wasn't Simon or anyone from Castlevania. Who would it be then? Goemon?

I don't believe that a Castlevania WON'T be the second Konami rep IF we get one but I thought I'd mention it while we were discussing leaks for the Octillionth time.
I don't remember seeing a leak like that.

View attachment 152166

Considering Wolf and Roy are already in, I just think Bandanna Dee's popularity will increase.
That chart was PushDustIn PushDustIn looking at about 400 mentions of characters on Japanese messaging boards. Hardly an accurate statistic.

D

Deleted member

That chart was PushDustIn PushDustIn looking at about 400 mentions of characters on Japanese messaging boards. Hardly an accurate statistic.
I never knew that. Thanks for telling me!

Also I feel like these leaks are very similar.
Yet they are not really convincing to me. They just seem what everyone really wants.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

It's about as accurate as any other Smash Poll that people run online.

As I've said numerous times, when you poll online it's not going to be a good indication of what the total fanbase wants. Smash sells what, 10 million? 1,000 votes in a poll is a drop in a bucket.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
If we were to just consider Smash 4 WII U Base Version with no patches and hypothetically added all the DLC characters in their unpatched forms too; the power level would look something similar to this ->
:ultdiddy::ultsheik::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultsonic: [SS]
^
^
:ultzss::ultrosalina::ultfox:
^
^

Honorable Mentions go to :ultluigi:
^
^
^
^
[Rest of Roster[ [R.I.P]

Everyone else wouldn't matter on how good they were because I am 99.9% positive every character not listed would be too buzy gettng destroyed by the aforementioned characters (from unwinnable to a struggle) I listed especially if these characters had 4+yrs of meta development. Just to remind you how busted these characters were / and some still are

:ultdiddy:- Hoo-Hah and that is all.
:ultsheik:- Fair was more disjointed than Marth's fair / Bair was a kill move / Needles had more range / Down-Throw 50/50 kill confirm
:ultbayonetta:- Unpatched Bayonetta is self-explanatory
:ultcloud:- Limit was quicker to get / Uair killed earlier and combo'd better.
:ultsonic:- Back Throw was MUCH stronger / Smashes were stronger / Spin-Dash did more damage.
:ultzss:- D-Throw guarantees a kill at high percents / Grab had more active frames
:ultluigi:- One of the most polarizing characters during pre-patch / Absolutely destroyed many characters /

Bless Sakurai for patches; I wonder who will be a god during Ultimate's release. My take on first impressions on the DEMO and universal changes

Universal Changes (Changes are assumed to happen for characters not in the demo):
Landing Lag has been reduced across the ENTIRE CAST and Jumpsquats (how long it takes for a character to jump) are now 3 Frames for everyone.
Who benefits the most?
:ultike::ultmarth::ultdk::ultbowser::ultkingdedede::ultganondorf::ultsnake:(Jump-squat was 9 Frames in Brawl LUL:ultrobin:ultshulk: basically any character who had slow jump-squats and laggy aerials.

Rolls now becomes worse with overuse, Air-dodges now have lag (Directional Air-dodges having much more lag) and you can only dodge once until you get hit again.. Characters as a result are WORSE off-stage and on-stage when in disadvantage while some comparatively speaking are still in good shape:ultsheik::ultbayonetta::ultzss::ultjigglypuff:maybe :ultdiddy:?. Expect a lot more characters to not make it back to stage in this game.

UNKNOWN IF THIS WAS INTENDED BUT CHARACTERS CAN NO LONGER RUN THROUGH Fighters who are Shielding. Someone did say (Sakurai???) that Fox's Illusion not going through shields was a bug BUT it's not specified wither Sakurai meant moves like Fox's (Bayo's Heel Slide, Sonic spin-dash) or in general.

Character specifics that is noted
:ultsheik: Sheik

• Bair has stronger knockback (kills earlier)
    • Uair has slightly more knockback
    • Bouncing Fish has more knockback but is slightly slower (This move is now Very lethal off-stage since it forces you to air-dodge on reaction)
    • F-Tilt has slightly more lag
    • Needles cannot be immediately cancelled anymore and takes more time to charge.
    • Aerial Needlestorm has much less lag
    • Burst Grenade no longs puts her into free-fall
    • Forward Smash links better and crosses shields
    • Vanish no longer has invincibility on start-up
:ultike:Ike

• Fair no longers auto-cancels from a short-hop
    • Eruption now has three pillars when charged
    • Uair is new; comes out fast, has low landing lag and covers a wide arc.
    • Aerials have less landing lag in general
    • Jump-squat significantly reduced from 7 -> 3
:ultpikachu:Pikachu

• Nair is new; similar to Mewtwo's nair but with less range but now is a combo move
    • Thunder has stronger knockback
    • Aerials has less landing lag
    • Dair now spikes
:ultganondorf:Ganondorf
  1. Jump-Squat significantly reduced from 7 -> 3
  2. Aerials has less landing lag
  3. Wizard Foot has less ending lag
  4. Fair has more range
  5. Aerial Flame Choke death is now avoidable by mashing buttons.
  6. All Smash attacks has more range and uses a sword, however some of his smashes such as Up-smash has more end-lag.
:ultlittlemac: Little MAC
  1. Neutral-B can now be used in the opposite direction
  2. KO Punch now has more vertical range
  3. Jolt Haymaker no longrs puts him into free-fall

I will do more character changes that is apparent from the demo later :D and of course; all of this is subject to change in the official release.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
This would probably never happen, but I would love it if in the next Smash Bros., they included Rick Wheeler (or Kent Akechi) as the next Captain Falcon (that way, they could make new voice lines for CF). Then, Berserker could be a secret fighter, and we'd finally have two characters from the F-Zero series.

For those of you who haven't played the last F-Zero games, Berserker is the original Captain Falcon (the one we all know and love). They could keep his original voice lines, just use him in a different, "updated" way.

I mean, F-Zero isn't a totally dead series, and it has way more gameplay/story potential than most people realize. I feel like we'll get another game someday (hopefully not a reboot). Imagine a prequel that took place before/after the Great Accident. We could see what the F-Zero GP was like before it was banned, and we could see the underground GP.
Rick Wheeler?! The obvious 4 Kids' namestyle IT BURNS! Also Berserker, before Miss Killer?
a.k.a. Haruka Misaki, Rick Wheeler's once brainwashed girlfriend, now unbrainwashed wife yay happy endings.
In what timeline? Sounds like a bad deal to me XD

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That was a long, long, long ass time ago. Like, back when Vergeben first started leaking stuff. Some other dude said "Snake is coming back, and yes there will be a second Konami rep but it isn't a Castlevania one"

Add in a couple K. Rool's here, Ridley's there, yada yada.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Theory: Bowser, Inkling, and Ridley will receive a second set of 8 colors for Dry Bowser, Octoling, and Meta Ridley. Unless there are some newcomers I'm not expecting, this may remain unique to them.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I really, really hope they bring back "Sonic Boom" for Green Hill Zone (or any other Sonic stage). I may not be the biggest fan of the Sonic games, but that's one seriously catchy song.

D

Deleted member

It's about as accurate as any other Smash Poll that people run online.

As I've said numerous times, when you poll online it's not going to be a good indication of what the total fanbase wants. Smash sells what, 10 million? 1,000 votes in a poll is a drop in a bucket.
True.
I thought that was a survey on a big ballot, but mm hmm.
There are so many Smash fans that it is a drop in the bucket indeed.

Calling it now, Bandanna Dee or King K. Rool is going to be revealed in the next Smash Bros. Direct.
If they are revealed, than..... Uh.......
I TURN INTO SPIDERMAN!

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
More "leaks." Another word search, but without the Jigsaw Puzzle.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423534828
Hey guys I just go off work from Nintendo and thought I would like to talk about something I found out when walking by on the development of the new Super Smash Bros. game.

Based on what I saw when the roster was loaded, the following newcomers seem to be added to the game:
- Dixie Kong
- Heihachi
- Elma
- Simon
- Steve
- Karate Joe
- Arle
- Issac
- Tiki

With these guys as Echo Fighters:
- Ken
- Shadow
- Isabelle
- Dr. Luigi
- Chrom
- Richter

These characters however are becoming Assist Trophies:
- K. Rool
- Geno
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Creeper
- Susie
- Draco
- Anna
- Alucard
- President Lincoln (from Codename S.T.E.A.M.)
- Zero
- Nightmare
- Klonoa

These stages I found are returning from the previous entries:
- Fountain of Dreams
- Meta Crystal
- Hanenbow
- Poké Floats
- Mario Bros.
- Pac-Maze
- Mushroom Kingdom (64)
- Mute City (3DS)
- Planet Zebes

These stages will be added as brand new stages:
- Dracula's Castle
- Minecraft
- Spring Stadium
- A stage based on Tekken
- Alola Region
- Primp Town
- Forest Maze
- Magikarp Festival
- Sky Skipper
- Sonic Mania
- Park Avenue
- Planet Robobot

I didn't have time to dive deep into what all of these do and how you unlock them, but I hope this gets you excited for the game!
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423534661
Hello. I am here from previous about my Smash codename leaks. I want to give out the full leaks, since I am frustrated of people getting them wrong.

July - King K. Rool and Dixie Kong
August - Heihachi Mishima
September - Decidueye
October - Simon Belmont and Isabelle
November - Dark Samus
December - Chorus Kids, Kat and Ana, Geno, and Ninten.

Here are also some leaks for the stages: Peach's Castle, Delfino Plaza, Brinstar Depths, and Poke Floats are going to return. G Corp Helipad, Gangplank Galleon, Dracula's Castle, Assembly Dojo, and Rhythm Heaven are going to be the new stages.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423534620
The only Smash newcomers I have seen so far, I have no idea if there are more or not. Decided to put them in the worst./cheesiest way possible since I keep seeing leaker wannabes put it in a form of a puzzle (which I find funny) See ya
Answers are:
Dark Matter
King K Rool
Chrom
Ashley
Dark Samus
Simon Belmont
Lloyd
Marshall
Bandana Waddle Dee
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/423535084
It's really obnoxious working for a big name company as a part of the translation team when you see a ton of lurkers attempting to make their very own "leaks". I'm going to go against my ethical code just this once and put my job in peril just to set a few things straight.

>There will only be 4 brand new character including long-awaited newcomers such as King K Rool. (Sorry for the spoiler, but yes he made it)
>One of those new fighters is a blonde male who made their debut on the Gameboy, never played the game myself and I'm unsure of his origins, a co-worker just informed me on where he came from.
>As well as 4 Newcomers, you will be seeing 2 "echo-fighters". One is indeed Shadow the Hedgehog.
>Finally one of the newcomers is a gag character. He is a small robot that uses a cord connected to him to grapple and throw fighters. Directly translated his character name is Small Robot. Not sure where he is from either.

Ok, so I hope you guys are satisfied. Never used this site before but I just wanted to clear some things up. As of right now, our department has no intel on "DLC" but seeing as the last game I worked on did I wouldn't be surprised.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, here is a question.

How likely do you think Isaac is?

Was the ballot enough to help him?
Late response, but I'm not placing too much stock in Isaac appearing. He may have had popularity, but it's hard to tell if that popularity is widespread or if it's inside an echo chamber. It's dangerous to claim a character is popular just by looking at Smashboards or any other website, but it's a mostly accurate depiction on what the hardcore Smash fan wants. The fact that his series has been dormant for 8 years (5 years at the time of the project plan) isn't helping Isaac much.
The fact that his Assist Trophy was taken out was strange, but so were a lot of characters. The Ballot is Isaac's golden ticket to Smash, but only if his popularity was through the roof that it helps Isaac be prioritized over other potentially more demanded Nintendo newcomers.
Even though I haven't played Golden Sun, I just want to see Isaac's fans get what they want and be happy. It might not happen, but never lose hope. Besides, I wouldn't mind another new Nintendo franchise be represented.

D

Deleted member

So, here is a question.

How likely do you think Isaac is?

Was the ballot enough to help him?
I am concerned for Issac.
Issac is not a retro game, but he has never gotten a new title in a long time.

Issac was also removed as an AT in Smash 4.
Issac is not that high, but he is not very unlikely.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
1. K. Rool
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Lycanroc (Midday)
4. Chrom
5. Ashley
6. Elma
7. Geno
8. Simon Belmont
9. Dark Samus
10. Shadow

I don't have any interest in Simon Belmont, and I would rather a FE newcomer than echo Chrom, but other than that I'd be pretty happy with this roster.
View attachment 152166

Who's that character between Dixie, and Cloud?
Bouncing Fish has more knockback
Aerial Needlestorm has much less lag
Ahh Needles to Bouncing Fish, is gonna be even more fun than before:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom