• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's me.
Zoe for Smash guy.
And yes, there is a forum game:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That explains the "show ignored content" link at the bottom of every page.

D

Deleted member

All this talk about zoos and Amusement parks is making me sick i hate outside lol

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It was on the day they revealed Ridley of all characters.
hahaha awesome! Have you been catching up or do you read through old posts?

If you look through my posts, I've been wrong about quite a few big things lol.

Someone should compile a list of all the times I've made bets saying "X won't happen" and been totally wrong

Mr. Z and 27 others

Smash Rookie
Just came on to see that this thread is closing. Goodbye, you beautiful ******** - see you in another thread.

P.S. spirits 100% deconfirm for DLC Pack 1, ok BYE

D

Deleted member

That's just kind of how fandoms are, my dude. I can come up with eerily similar examples from my experience in the communities for Dragon Age, Resident Evil, or, hell, Smash Bros. Ever hear of this game called Melee?
Being a fan of something is fine.

Fandoms? Lord no. Do not make this **** your life no matter how much you enjoy it.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
OK so here are the rules:

We are building a smash themed amusement park out of the roster by correlating them to RL Amusement rides either operating or closed. What i want you all to do is

1. Pick a character (Limit one per customer til we have the full roster)
2. Find a ride in any amusement park that would most relate to them (Cite your source of the rides existance please)
3. Cite your reasoning why that character matches that ride

If you pick a character with an echo leave it open however if a ride has a sister attraction (like Beast and Son of Beast at Kings Island) you may want to pair them that way.

Best ones will be picked before the thread closes and the winning park will be put up in the new thread when it opens as Smash Land. Lets see if we can match up the whole roster best of luck.

Edit: For sake of Clarity and cuz i got someone writing this down among yous. Please cite the ride and the park it is in and where the park is located. Thank you.
The infamous Canonball Loop in Action Park, New Jersey (now Mountain Creek Waterpark). A water slide with a complete vertical loop. Only open for brief periods of time in its short existence. Looking at the design (pictured below), it's not hard to see why.

According to rumours, "some of the test dummies sent down before it opened had been dismembered and decapitated." (source: Wikipedia)

Risk of dismemberment and decapitation? Sounds like Ridley's kind of ride.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Since this thread is another step closer to being archived, I’d like to say a few things and it may sound cheesy but the hell with it.

This thread has truly been a wild ride. There were indeed good times and bad times but through it all, I’ve come to meet a lot of very charming and wonderful people here @Idon AndreaAC AndreaAC Noipoi Noipoi Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku osby osby Zinith Zinith Iridium Iridium Opossum Opossum @Cutie Gwen Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo Luigi The President Luigi The President Pyra Pyra

I’m very glad to have met you all through all the game speculation, discussions, and *ahem* questionable topics. Surely there will be more of all that and then some when the new thread arrives but I am ready for another round of this wild, yet fun experience. Cheers!
School had me for a while.

Anyway, still haven't spent a year here. Even that hasn't stopped me from being familiar with more people than I was expecting. Does anybody else ever think "what if [insert anything] never happened?" to themselves? If I never considered buying Smash and watching tourneys, I probably would have never been here at all. Not the most emotive person in the world, but I can say I have made friends here. I don't know if I'll be posting here frequently in the future, but who knows?

So, thanks to:

Okay, back to the edgy personality.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
The infamous Canonball Loop in Action Park, New Jersey (now Mountain Creek Waterpark). A water slide with a complete vertical loop. Only open for brief periods of time in its short existence. Looking at the design (pictured below), it's not hard to see why.

According to rumours, "some of the test dummies sent down before it opened had been dismembered and decapitated." (source: Wikipedia)

Boy does that bring back memories.. course i never actually went was too far out of the way in jersey but still got the commericals.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, still haven't spent a year here. Even that hasn't stopped me from being familiar with more people than I was expecting. Does anybody else ever think "what if [insert anything] never happened?" to themselves? If I never considered buying Smash and watching tourneys, I probably would have never been here at all. Not the most emotive person in the world, but I can say I have made friends here. I don't know if I'll be posting here frequently in the future, but who knows?

So, thanks to:

I'm not going to be mentioned in any of these posts am I

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So, thanks to:

Huh i guess im less notable than i thought i was lol jk

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I'm not going to be mentioned in any of these posts am I
We are the pariahs of Smashboards, Emrbace it!

Also for the sake of making taking the notes down easier future posts of the forum game for Smash Land please use the Emoticons of the characters so i can find who is being paired with what ride. Thank you.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I had a bit of trouble thinking of something for that forum game as it’s been awhile since I went to an amusement park and I’m kinda uncomfortable on rollercoasters, mainly the ones I have to take my glasses off on, but I think 3D flight simulators like Avatar-Flight of Passage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom would be perfect for :ultfox: and :ultpit:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

A miniature Ridley hides in the loop-de-loop to brutalize the test dummies. That’s my best, impossible explanation.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I had a bit of trouble thinking of something for that forum game as it’s been awhile since I went to an amusement park and I’m kinda uncomfortable on rollercoasters, mainly the ones I have to take my glasses off on, but I think 3D flight simulators like Avatar-Flight of Passage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom would be perfect for :ultfox: and :ultpit:
Please Limit one character per user and quote the original post. Ill Accept Sorin over Pandora for Fox.
Edit: The one per rule is more of a case i wanna give everyone a chance to play. If we start running out of time you can come up with more.

Last edited:

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
For me, the funniest thing that came out of the Grinch leak was the idea that it somehow confirmed that Isaac was a real character who was indeed delayed because of the earthquake in Japan that postponed the Direct. Obviously there was no way Isabelle could've always been the intended character for that Direct. Revealing her with Animal Crossing Switch and a special Tom Nook animation that specifically referenced her reveal trailer? Absurd!
It hurts because it’s true:crying:
I didn’t believe that Isaac delayed the direct but I believed the website glitch!

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Bumper Cars: :ultbowserjr:(side B is literally about bashing people with your car)
Roller Coaster: :ultfalcon: or :ultsonic: (Their home series have a lot of Loopings and speed, just like the attraction)
Haunted Mansion::ultluigi:(Luigi's Mansion is a literal Haunted Mansion)
Teacups: :ultpeach: (Subspace Emissary, Halberd's Deck scene. MK: MY SHIP HAS BEEN STOLEN! Army of Mr. Game & Watch: REEEEEEEEEEEE! Peach: *casually drinking tea as she watches the world burn)
Carousel: :ultlink: (Riding Horses, something he does a lot)
UFO: :ultolimar: or :ultrosalina:or :ultkirby: (They are space themed, UFOs are space themed )

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Bumper Cars: :ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig: (side B)
Roller Coaster: :ultfalcon::ultsonic: (Loopings and speed)
Haunted Mansion::ultluigi:(Luigi's Mansion)
Teacups: :ultpeach::ultdaisy: (Subspace Emissary, Halberd's Deck scene)
Carousel: :ultlink: (Horses)
UFO: :ultolimar::ultrosalina::ultkirby: (Space)
Sorry broke a few rules so cant enter you :p try again with a link back to my original post, a specific ride (IE for link itd be a specific carousel and where its located at) and try to limit it to one character unless they got an echo and you got an idea for how it would tie them both to the ride (Ie like a twin roller coaster or a ride with a sister attraction). Good luck and better luck next time :p.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

We are building a smash themed amusement park out of the roster by correlating them to RL Amusement rides either operating or closed. What i want you all to do is

2. Find a ride in any amusement park that would most relate to them (Cite your source of the rides existance please)

If you pick a character with an echo leave it open however if a ride has a sister attraction (like Beast and Son of Beast at Kings Island) you may want to pair them that way.

Best ones will be picked before the thread closes and the winning park will be put up in the new thread when it opens as Smash Land. Lets see if we can match up the whole roster best of luck.

Edit: For sake of Clarity and cuz i got someone writing this down among yous. Please cite the ride and the park it is in and where the park is located. Thank you.
Based on the gameplay style of Uprising, especially the flight sections, I think :ultpit: would be fitting for a simulator ride in the same vein as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem as well as Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast and The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera before it from Universal Studios Orlando.

D

Deleted member

2. Find a ride in any amusement park that would most relate to them (Cite your source of the rides existence please)

(This is going to generate some feelings, but I wanna do it for the lolz)

1. Simon/Richter
2. Lazy River (Proof of existence of ride: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazy_river)
3. Lazy Rivers are rides where people can sit back, relax, and enjoy with 0 thought and full enjoyment; just like Simon/Richter players

EDIT: What's with the sentiment that thread is dying or going to close? Was there some kind of announcement I missed? Is the apocalypse nigh? What's going on?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Based on the gameplay style of Uprising, especially the flight sections, I think :ultpit: would be fitting for a simulator ride in the same vein as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem as well as Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast and The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera before it from Universal Studios Orlando.
Well itd have to be a specific simulator ride were pairing rl rides to the characters you know.

(This is going to generate some feelings, but I wanna do it for the lolz)

1. Simon/Richter
2. Lazy River (Proof of existence of ride: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazy_river)
3. Lazy Rivers are rides where people can sit back, relax, and enjoy with 0 thought and full enjoyment; just like Simon/Richter players

EDIT: What's with the sentiment that thread is dying or going to close? Was there some kind of announcement I missed? Is the apocalypse nigh? What's going on?
A few questions, Which lazy river? it has to be a specific one. Second why Simon and Ricther to the Lazy River? (i feel like im walking into a trap with that one)
And also apparently once a thread hits 10K it dies or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well itd have to be a specific simulator ride were pairing rl rides to the characters you know.

A few questions, Which lazy river? it has to be a specific one. Second why Simon and Ricther to the Lazy River? (i feel like im walking into a trap with that one)
And also apparently once a thread hits 10K it dies or something.
Ohhhhh. I'm sorry; I read over the rules of the forum game kinda quickly; I didn't realize you wanted a specific ride. I thought it was just the generic type. Really, any of them work (I honestly love Lazy rivers; they're relaxing lol). They'll all essentially the same. Looped around a portion of the water park, they just have a fast current and people can either swim it, float and be carried, or get an inner tube for the same thing. No matter which I choose; be it specific or not; it would be virtually the same (just a slightly different shape or layout).

Though if you want my favorite, it was at a 5 star resort I snuck into on Hawaii (I grabbed one of their towels someone left on the beach then strolled in like I belonged there). It carried me around their pool area and there was a little side 'cave lagoon' thing with a partially submerged Bar inside; with full bar service! That was a great day.

Oh as for the reason; I had it. I was saying lazy river for them because they're lazy, 0-thought characters to play. It was mainly a joke, but in all honesty, I do like to play them every now and then. (Ive been banned playing them at home; people don't like the projectile spam).

EDIT: I see, ok. I didn't realize we were that high up. Geez, with the way everyone was acting, I thought Smash Boards was going to close or something. They'll just move this over to a V2; that's all. Besides, with no DLC news and 70 pgs left, we still have another week or so till this thread is closed for the new one to open.

EDIT 2: Or....we can all just re-edit our posts in a never ending chain to prevent it from going up any higher!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Okay, so after giving it a lot of thought (because of my limited knowledge of non-Disney Parks attractions and my love for theming above all else) and decided to do one for Marth. :ultmarth: For the ride itself, I decided to base it off of the only-recently-defunct EPCOT ride, Maelstrom.

Maelstrom, which I'm happy to have gotten to ride before it went kaput, was a fairly standard log flume ride, but was notable for its sense of Norwegian culture, fitting for an EPCOT ride. You would take a vikingesque ship (there's probably a more accurate word for these but I don't know it off hand) and sail through a labyrinthine ice cave, beset by magical trolls. The ride would then spill into a theater after the final stretch, showing a documentary about Norway's history.

So for this version, the ride would be titled "Anri's Way," the legendary and perilous in-universe route that Marth's great grand-uncle, the mythical hero Anri, took to reach the Ice Dragon Temple and receive Falchion. Chapters 11-14 of (New) Mystery of the Emblem feature Marth conquering that same route against all odds, with the final stretch (13-14) having a very icy appearance (complete with rivers), given the beasts that make their home there. Combine this with Archanea's rich lore and history, and I believe the ride becomes the perfect fit for a Maelstrom substitute.

The trolls would be replaced with ice dragons, of course, sending the boat careening back with a blast of cold wind instead of magic. You'd be able to see and hear the battle raging outside of the Temple, with Marth leading the charge, before finally reaching the Temple and Lord Gotoh. At the end, instead of a film reel dedicated to Norway, it's one dedicated to the continent of Archanea, done in a style reminiscent of if Archanea really existed.

The ride's queue would be modeled after Maelstrom's, but also take inspiration from EPCOT Norway's little Viking museum. The room would be adorned with a map of Archanea lining the walls, alongside glass display cases housing "Archanean artifacts," in the forms of some of Archanea's powerful legendary weapons. The Hammerne and Aum Staves, the Wing Spear, Mercurius, Gradivus, Parthia, Hauteclere, Aura, Excalibur, Starlight, the Divinestone, and Falchion itself would all be on display, with each "exhibit" going into each weapon's history. The obligatory attached gift shop has the cashiers dressed as Anna, and outside the pavilion there's a meet and greet spot fashioned after an Outrealm Gate, allowing for non-Archanean Fire Emblem characters to appear there without breaking the theming.

I like theme park brainstorming. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom