• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But for real, I think an Advance Wars ride might bother some folks who might not like the cutsey take on war (or worse the realistic depiction from DoR). Parents and adults might be upset especially if they come from a military background.

And knowing today's media outlets, they'd prob spin it in a really dumb way like "Nintendo glorifies war in newly-opened Theme Park". I just have a feeling they'd do that.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Before I played the Resident Evil 2 demo I was like, “Yeah, a character from those games would be cool.”

Now i’m absolutely all for it. I think Leon or Jill would be a great pick, with Leon being the outlier who hasn’t been in a fighter yet. If they went with Jill, I think they’d pull some stuff from MvC.

As someone who hadn’t thought about it before, I think it would be a great pick as DLC. Expands three Smash universe with a well known series that still packs a punch, and really maintains the “major series crossover” feel.
I'd rather have swole chris.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
In this hypothetical "SmashLand" if there's not a Gang-Plank Galleon boat ride that blares the Smash remix on repeat 24/7 then why bother going?
Link back to my original forum game post and find me a pirate boat ride and which park its in and ill thank you for not pairing him with another disney ride pirates of the carribbean (id only have accepted the anaheim version)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I just got like, 32 mentions.

If one more person asks to be in the goodbye thread picture i'm not gonna make it :p
xD I would try to do something myself, but I have no idea what, or maybe I just have no motivation yet.

D

Deleted member

Okay
Sam belongs to Kuroodod on FurAffinity/DeviantArt/Twitter/I dunno what else
Edit: Ah jeez did you guys look him up and get too traumatized to come back to the thread
Pictures?

Edit: I ****ed up. Ignore this

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It used to look like this.

Can't really tell if that was intentional, but it fit, I guess. Not upset or anything.
Ohhh, okay, I get it now. Interesting, I wonder why is was done that way on Wii U?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
To think this thread is gonna close soon. Well it was bound to happen sooner or later, and it's not like we won't get another thread. But still, I can honestly say this is the first thread on this site that I made an effort not to be a lurker on, and I'm glad I made the effort. It's from talking to everyone on here that my list of characters I wanted for Smash grew. That, and it was great sharing the laughs, the good times the bad times, and even the weird times with everyone.
It was all just great! :)
Before this thread meets its end on page 9999 I want to say one thing

I only JUST realized that Cloud’s 8th palette is a subtle reference to the Miss Cloud dress
...Wait! What?!

KMDP

Smash Legend
xD I would try to do something myself, but I have no idea what, or maybe I just have no motivation yet.
I haven't had much motivation to draw anything for a while.

I'm not going to force myself to, though.

Eventually, I'll be in the mood for it again.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I haven't had much motivation to draw anything for a while.

I'm not going to force myself to, though.

Eventually, I'll be in the mood for it again.
xD I have been motivated but solely for stuff about Riddles, really. I should be getting back to the last commission I have to do, I want to plan it slowly but surely.

And yeah, don't ever force yourself to draw, it will mostly not help in the outcome of what you are trying to do. Hope you get the motivation back tho!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To think this thread is gonna close soon. Well it was bound to happen sooner or later, and it's not like we won't get another thread. But still, I can honestly say this is the first thread on this site that I made an effort not to be a lurker on, and I'm glad I made the effort. It's from talking to everyone on here that my list of characters I wanted for Smash grew. That, and it was great sharing the laughs, the good times the bad times, and even the weird times with everyone.
It was all just great! :)

...Wait! What?!
Yeah like just look closely

The purple’s almost the same shade as the dress and there’s even a little red stripe on his stock icon like the ribbon

KMDP

Smash Legend
:ultivysaur::ultgreninja: Both are frogo.

This is a quality post.
Excuse you?

Ivysaur is a toad, thank-you-very-much.

Fun fact: The French word for "Toad" (which I can't post here because it'd be censored and what's the point) is a nickname for the people of Jersey. Wikipedia says the term is "derogatory", but no Jerseyman worth their salt would be offended by such a thing.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Excuse you?

Ivysaur is a toad, thank-you-very-much.

Fun fact: The French word for "Toad" (which I can't post here because it'd be censored and what's the point) is a nickname for the people of Jersey. Wikipedia says the term is "derogatory", but no Jerseyman worth their salt would be offended by such a thing.
I thought it was a dinosaur?

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultmewtwo:- Is the the tallest and fattest pokemon in the main series, in smash as a playable character.

I got Adobe Animate a month ago and it still confuzzles me.

I need to learn it, damn it!
AIM FOR THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OK so here are the rules:

We are building a smash themed amusement park out of the roster by correlating them to RL Amusement rides either operating or closed. What i want you all to do is

1. Pick a character (Limit one per customer til we have the full roster)
2. Find a ride in any amusement park that would most relate to them (Cite your source of the rides existance please)
3. Cite your reasoning why that character matches that ride

If you pick a character with an echo leave it open however if a ride has a sister attraction (like Beast and Son of Beast at Kings Island) you may want to pair them that way.

Best ones will be picked before the thread closes and the winning park will be put up in the new thread when it opens as Smash Land. Lets see if we can match up the whole roster best of luck.

Edit: For sake of Clarity and cuz i got someone writing this down among yous. Please cite the ride and the park it is in and where the park is located. Thank you.
Since we're not really close to the full roster yet, can I do a second one? :p

KMDP

Smash Legend

I still use Macromedia Flash MX... :laugh:
(The software is more than 14 years old at this point.)
I thought it was a dinosaur?
Don't be fooled by the "saur" in the line's name.

The Bulbasaur line are 100% Toads (just watch their walking animation in Let's Go).

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultmewtwo: vs:ultincineroar:

The prize?

:ultsnake:'s Box

Filling the final moments of the thread with poop like nature intended.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
OK so here are the rules:

We are building a smash themed amusement park out of the roster by correlating them to RL Amusement rides either operating or closed. What i want you all to do is

1. Pick a character (Limit one per customer til we have the full roster)
2. Find a ride in any amusement park that would most relate to them (Cite your source of the rides existance please)
3. Cite your reasoning why that character matches that ride

If you pick a character with an echo leave it open however if a ride has a sister attraction (like Beast and Son of Beast at Kings Island) you may want to pair them that way.

Best ones will be picked before the thread closes and the winning park will be put up in the new thread when it opens as Smash Land. Lets see if we can match up the whole roster best of luck.

Edit: For sake of Clarity and cuz i got someone writing this down among yous. Please cite the ride and the park it is in and where the park is located. Thank you.
Uh okay. King K. Rool's Gang-Plank Galleon
Apparently some amusement park in France has this ride:

Blares the Smash remix of Gang-Plank Galleon full force 24/7

Noipoi

Howdy!
I got two ideas here.

One requires incredible effort, even more than the anime posters. The other requires much less effort, while still representing many of the users in this thread.

The only problem is the second option sacrifices some personality. I have to ask myself "Would they like this? Would they be okay with being represented like this?"

It's a bit of a predicament.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I got two ideas here.

One requires incredible effort, even more than the anime posters. The other requires much less effort, while still representing many of the users in this thread.

The only problem is the second option sacrifices some personality. I have to ask myself "Would they like this? Would they be okay with being represented like this?"

Do what you enjoy.
You're not obligated one way or another.

D

Deleted member

I wanted to do a proper thank you post but I'm terrible at remembering people off the top of my head. It's not that I forget you guys, I can obviously recognize almost everyone by just looking at their usernames, but my brain is just bad at listing so I'm bound to forget someone. Still, I want to try it before it's too late.

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Opossum Opossum Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Luigi The President Luigi The President Noipoi Noipoi KMDP KMDP Ura Ura DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon Nekoo Nekoo @Onereasonanddone AndreaAC AndreaAC Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy @Mr. Wario Iridium Iridium Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku @GoldenYuiitusin Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman praline praline Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones staindgrey staindgrey @JDCabrera osby osby

I might have forgotten some(if I did, please tell me if you enjoyed my presence, I likely enjoyed yours as well) but if you're here, know I never wanted to rip you in half over videogame characters in a videogame which is my way of saying your presence here made speculation enjoyable.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

You see you just press the button, turn the nob, then insert twenty dollars into your computer and then it will make sense.

I got two ideas here.

Honestly just do it in the way that you will be the most proud of. It's your work, if you aren't happy with it, that has a way of coming through and reflecting in that work.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Do what you enjoy.
You're not obligated one way or another.
^This

I wanted to do a proper thank you post but I'm terrible at remembering people off the top of my head. It's not that I forget you guys, I can obviously recognize almost everyone by just looking at their usernames, but my brain is just bad at listing so I'm bound to forget someone. Still, I want to try it before it's too late.

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Opossum Opossum Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Luigi The President Luigi The President Noipoi Noipoi KMDP KMDP Ura Ura DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon Nekoo Nekoo @Onereasonanddone AndreaAC AndreaAC Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy @Mr. Wario Iridium Iridium Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku @GoldenYuiitusin Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman praline praline Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones staindgrey staindgrey @JDCabrera osby osby

I might have forgotten some(if I did, please tell me if you enjoyed my presence, I likely enjoyed yours as well) but if you're here, know I never wanted to rip you in half over videogame characters in a videogame which is my way of saying your presence here made speculation enjoyable.
Even though we don't talk too much with one another, you're a really enjoyable person to have around. I'm sure the people you listed like you as much as you like them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom