• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yup. Spent too much time looking at the chairs when they should’ve been looking at the plant next to them.
You're right. That plant was a hint for :ultpiranha: the whole time! /S
You also need a streamlined game design that makes it easier for new fans to enter the series.

But you know. It must be waifus.

Also FE always had anime designs
You know as well as I do that if that actually happened to Golden Sun, there would be those people that would make that kind of argument.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You also need a streamlined game design that makes it easier for new fans to enter the series.

That's the part people forget. Awakening made the game more easily understood by beginners and more accessible to a wider populace than what Fire Emblem had before-- which was quite small. Advance Wars was already Fire Emblem-light without the fantasy aspect, and it sold great in the West. Honestly I'm surprised it took them five more games to realize, "Hey wait, what if we just do that for Fire Emblem, too?"

But there is something to be said about its lasting appeal in the fandom and online communities largely due to the waifu aspect. That's just kind of how online culture is right now. Come for the game, stay for the years of fanart.

And yes it very much did.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I'd love one last forum game! :3
OK so here are the rules:

We are building a smash themed amusement park out of the roster by correlating them to RL Amusement rides either operating or closed. What i want you all to do is

1. Pick a character (Limit one per customer til we have the full roster)
2. Find a ride in any amusement park that would most relate to them (Cite your source of the rides existance please)
3. Cite your reasoning why that character matches that ride

If you pick a character with an echo leave it open however if a ride has a sister attraction (like Beast and Son of Beast at Kings Island) you may want to pair them that way.

Best ones will be picked before the thread closes and the winning park will be put up in the new thread when it opens as Smash Land. Lets see if we can match up the whole roster best of luck.

Edit: For sake of Clarity and cuz i got someone writing this down among yous. Please cite the ride and the park it is in and where the park is located. Thank you.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

If that's the case, Golden Sun already had that.

It's a pretty easy RPG, all things considered.
You think that was stupid?
That's nothing

Anyone remember my dumb "Naive biased speculation" rant, where I was complaining that most leaks/evidence only got looked as legit, if there was a highly requested character involved?

My goodness, how much I've changed
I think the dumbest thing I've ever said is, regarding a Smash 4 Roy recolour: "Yeah, that looks like Isaac."

Not my proudest speculation moment.

D

Deleted member

That's the part people forget. Awakening made the game more easily understood by beginners and more accessible to a wider populace than what Fire Emblem had before-- which was quite small. Advance Wars was already Fire Emblem-light without the fantasy aspect, and it sold great in the West. Honestly I'm surprised it took them five more games to realize, "Hey wait, what if we just do that for Fire Emblem, too?"

But there is something to be said about its lasting appeal in the fandom and online communities largely due to the waifu aspect. That's just kind of how online culture is right now. Come for the game, stay for the years of fanart.

And yes it very much did.
The Fire Emblem Community is one of those communities that will never ever make sense to me, no matter what kind of logic they throw at me.

Be a fan, not a part of the fandom.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

We are building a smash themed amusement park out of the roster by correlating them to RL Amusement rides either operating or closed. What i want you all to do is

2. Find a ride in any amusement park that would most relate to them (Cite your source of the rides existance please)

If you pick a character with an echo leave it open however if a ride has a sister attraction (like Beast and Son of Beast at Kings Island) you may want to pair them that way.

Best ones will be picked before the thread closes and the winning park will be put up in the new thread when it opens as Smash Land. Lets see if we can match up the whole roster best of luck.

Edit: For sake of Clarity and cuz i got someone writing this down among yous. Please cite the ride and the park it is in and where the park is located. Thank you.
I'm picking:ultluigi: with the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland / Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

I think this choice speaks for itself.
Luigi has a history with spooky mansions, and it just fits perfectly with his cowardly personality

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I pick :ultsonic:, and my ride for him is The Rock n' Roller Coaster from Disney's Hollywood Studios.
I chose this because in one of the many Sonic TV Series, Sonic Underground, Sonic was the guitarist in a magical... freedom fighting... rock band...
Jeez the 90's were weird lol

D

Deleted member

My favourite Inkling alt is the yellow one...
to see you this degenerate to use the gamer girl pee inkling instead of the objectively best unnecessarily extra gay green gsquid smh my head

/joking

Last edited by a moderator:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

Any character with an Echo Fighter and a Labyrinth of Mirrors.
Instead of seeing deformed images of themselves, they see their Echo Fighter.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Advance Wars was already Fire Emblem-light without the fantasy aspect
Uhh...Advance Wars is nothing like Fire Emblem my guy. And for that matter it's gameplay is more complexed than it's sister series.

Unless you meant it's accessibility to newer players in which case you'd be right. It's really simple to get in to but really hard to master and employ different strategies to win.

D

Deleted member

BOO.

GET OUT.
eh tbh whenever I see the yellow inkling I get scared bc the person using it was probably a big fan of splatoon and is also good at it and are willing to dedicate time to getting good with inkling and it strikes fear into my heart

EXACT opposite for schoolgirl inkling though everyone using her are the exact opposite of og's

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey, look, I finished two books in two days. I missed holidays.

Any character with an Echo Fighter and a Labyrinth of Mirrors.
Instead of seeing deformed images of themselves, they see their Echo Fighter.
Dark Pit literally born from a mirror. He'd fit in perfectly.

D

Deleted member

We need Jevil in Smash so we can fight Marx, as Jevil, with the Dimentio spirit equipped

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The Fire Emblem Community is one of those communities that will never ever make sense to me, no matter what kind of logic they throw at me.

Be a fan, not a part of the fandom.
In a sense, I get it. Not the volatile responses to people they deem casuals or the hissyfits they're known to throw, but more the idea of "I was here first and I'm more of a fan than you." It's somehow disheartening when a clearly more casual fan talks about how much they love something despite not being able to keep up with you in a conversation about it.

Ever since Daredevil came to Netflix, I've run into so many huge Daredevil fans who can't name a single character who wasn't in the show. As a comic book nerd who ****ing loved Daredevil since middleschool, those conversations annoy me.

D

Deleted member

Alph died for other echo fighters' sins.
oh yeah alph being a skin is something really weird that I don't understand

like why couldn't he have been an echo there's no reason I can think of

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Uhh...Advance Wars is nothing like Fire Emblem my guy. And for that matter it's gameplay is more complexed than it's sister series.

Unless you meant it's accessibility to newer players in which case you'd be right. It's really simple to get in to but really hard to master and employ different strategies to win.
Accessibility was what I was talking about, yeah.

But I've also always found Advance Wars to be significantly less bash-your-head-against-the-wall frustrating than pre-Awakening Fire Emblem. They're very different takes on the same genre, but they're still similar enough to be directly compared.

D

Deleted member

Because I don’t wanna seem biased on a certain aspect of baby blue, what’s everyone’s opinion on prep school and Rocket Power?

prep school- only dirty weebs use this
rocket power- absolutely sicknasty coolboys use this

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I will not stand for this Agent 3 slander.

She's a good girl that deserves respect.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Accessibility was what I was talking about, yeah.

But I've also always found Advance Wars to be significantly less bash-your-head-against-the-wall frustrating than pre-Awakening Fire Emblem. They're very different takes on the same genre, but they're still similar enough to be directly compared.
Well yeah that's the thing. FE is a bit complexed at first but it's gameplay is pretty paint-by-numbers once you get the hang of it whereas AW is super easy to get in to but it has so much more strategic depth to it (even if FE has the RPG elements attached to it).

And well AW has the multiplayer focus that FE can't replicate. If AW were to ever come back, Nintendo should go all out and make it an ESport of some kind. So much potential there in addition to a lot of other stuff.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
oh yeah alph being a skin is something really weird that I don't understand

like why couldn't he have been an echo there's no reason I can think of
Probably because all his animations are the same.

Though they could have made different animations, they probably thought that it wouldn't be necessary. And they probably felt that 1 Pikmin based moveset was enough.

That's how it looks to me, anyway. Considering that we have Daisy as an Echo, that's the only way I see this making sense.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

After much thought my own entry shall be

:ultwolf:- Big Bad Wolf formerly at Busch Gardens Williamsburg (Formerly Busch Gardens the Old Country) at Williamsburg virginia. IF anyone can come up with a better wolf themed ride i would be glad to hear it though.
Edit: editing in my citations

POV Ride experience:
Image of the Coaster Train:

Wikipedia Entry on the Former Ride:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bad_Wolf_(roller_coaster)
Defunctland on its History:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder when thay will drop archive bomb on us and i wonder if we will get a warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom