• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
View attachment 187047

The only palette swap you need.

No point in even trying to top it.
You know what I love about this palette swap in particular?

In Sunset Overdrive, my avatar was a black girl with pink hair with long bangs along each side of her face always wearing thick rim black glasses and an oversized ball cap.

It's like my own personalized Sunset Overdrive shoutout.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
While the Grinch incident was kind of terrible in some ways, there were some highlights in this thread.

Like analysing the pixels on Little Mac's shoes.

D

Deleted member

While the Grinch incident was kind of terrible in some ways, there were some highlights in this thread.

And who remembers that time when i said that Pikachu was first seen in the anime and everyone went off on me.... it still remains as the stupidest thing i have said here.

D

Deleted member

My previous icon was P3 Hero. I like pretty boy avatars who are actually sealed evil in a can.

I hope this won't be my last post here
Don't worry, you like, 73 or so pages left I think.

osby

Smash Obsessed
And who remembers that time when i said that Pikachu was first seen in the anime and everyone went off on me.... it still remains as the stupidest thing i have said here.
Pfft, I once said LoZ is a RPG.

That was...like the opposite of a highlight.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

I remember hearing about that on gamefaqs. Despite the fact that the banner had messed up in a similar way before hand a few times before on the site it just couldn't be anything but a rushed edit to many people pushing for it to be true.
It's part of why speculation can be annoying for games, especially for Smash. People will decide on what MUST be true and any opposing theories or arguments get shouted down, ironically shutting down any further speculation

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Good times. The fact you argued with others about it made it that much funnier. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I still remember when people here took chairs far too seriously for their own good.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
For me, the funniest thing that came out of the Grinch leak was the idea that it somehow confirmed that Isaac was a real character who was indeed delayed because of the earthquake in Japan that postponed the Direct. Obviously there was no way Isabelle could've always been the intended character for that Direct. Revealing her with Animal Crossing Switch and a special Tom Nook animation that specifically referenced her reveal trailer? Absurd!

D

Deleted member

Okay is there anyone that can get me a template for making fake Palutena's Guidance "Leaks"

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I still remember when people here took chairs far too seriously for their own good.
And no one believed me when I said "I work in and with people further in the commercial set design industry, and it's a pure coincidence I promise".

Funny enough, I'm entering chairs into inventory right now and we now have a strikingly similar purple Eames style side chair in stock. I'm gonna see if I can sneak in an order for the highlighter yellow version and put them in my living room to forever commemorate our time spent here.

D

Deleted member

For me, the funniest thing that came out of the Grinch leak was the idea that it somehow confirmed that Isaac was a real character who was indeed delayed because of the earthquake in Japan that postponed the Direct. Obviously there was no way Isabelle could've always been the intended character for that Direct. Revealing her with Animal Crossing Switch and a special Tom Nook animation that specifically referenced her reveal trailer? Absurd!
It's pretty obvious that in order for Isaac to even be considered for Smash, Golden Sun needs a reboot with an Awakening/Fates tier level of anime design, complete with waifus, a possible harem route, and less than stellar writing!

If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of a rifle being aimed at my head as I type this.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Ya i was a angry cadet at that point i think
You should have seen this place back when I was a new member; people could be rough on you. It wasn't as PC or strictly moderated, but it definitely helped build character! :denzel:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You think that was stupid?
That's nothing

Anyone remember my dumb "Naive biased speculation" rant, where I was complaining that most leaks/evidence only got looked as legit, if there was a highly requested character involved?

My goodness, how much I've changed

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's pretty obvious that in order for Isaac to even be considered for Smash, Golden Sun needs a reboot with an Awakening/Fates tier level of anime design, complete with waifus, a possible harem route, and less than stellar writing!

If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of a rifle being aimed at my head as I type this.
You also need a streamlined game design that makes it easier for new fans to enter the series.

But you know. It must be waifus.

Also FE always had anime designs

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
anyone for one more forum game before the threads closed for good? i got a crazy idea for one after watching alot of defunctland the past few days..

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Like it couldn't handle it on a technical standpoint or it is just to many pages in general
On AllisBrawl we had to kill a similarly way-too-large thread because it was bogging down the backend for the rest of the forum. That's most likely the reason.

Now that the game is out, a bigass thread like this isn't really necessary. But it's where we all hang out, so it's just a matter of finding a new place for us to do said hanging out that isn't 10,000 pages long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom