• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Crap.
Where’re we going to migrate to?
We’ll be homeless. .
They're planning on replacing it with a social thread. That means we'll be allowed to talk about non-Smash related things, basically.

Not that they've ever stopped us from doing that in this thread already.

D

Deleted member

They're planning on replacing it with a social thread. That means we'll be allowed to talk about non-Smash related things, basically.

That's not really replacing it because nobody is going to talk about smash if you can talk about other things

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Word of advice; don't use "would be" as if you know that would happen.
For all we know, Sakurai might have easily given Decidueye more of a focus on the fact it's a bird rather than the whole archery angle that is exclusive to a single attack within the Pokémon series.
By all means, Pit should have been Smash's first "archer" considering Kid Icarus' main gameplay was shooting arrows. But instead more focus was put on a brand new dual-bladed bow with arrows being restricted to one attack.
You're literally saying the exact OPPOSITE will for sure have happened for Decidueye. And that makes no sense.

And typing isn't a good argument either, since a Pokémon's moves in Smash don't necessarily reflect their type. Incineroar itself is proof of that, having absolutely NO Fire type attacks or basically anything to DO with the fire element other than Revenge's activation and the explosion caused by Cross Chop, neither of which are Fire (or Dark) type moves. And the only Dark type move it has is its own signature Darkest Lariat, which doesn't really reflect the element very well.
Greninja doesn't have any Dark-type moves either, and Lucario has no Steel moves.

D

Deleted member

Greninja doesn't have any Dark-type moves either, and Lucario has no Steel moves.
Lucario doesn't have any cannon fighting moves either if i am not mistaken
And we have more important things to talk about than smash lol jk

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

RIP thread, shame I wasn’t more active.

I finally got Bayonetta 1 and 2!! Been long enough lol
Get out of this thread this is a grieving period for people who were active lol jk cool i here those are good games

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, I miss everything.

Stupid spherical planet with it's stupid timezones.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

To be fair I feel like we all have the attention span of a negative 180 IQ Squirrel. One mention of something risque or controversial and the thread just goes all out on it.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Since this thread is another step closer to being archived, I’d like to say a few things and it may sound cheesy but the hell with it.

This thread has truly been a wild ride. There were indeed good times and bad times but through it all, I’ve come to meet a lot of very charming and wonderful people here Idon Idon AndreaAC AndreaAC Noipoi Noipoi Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku osby osby Zinith Zinith Iridium Iridium Opossum Opossum Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo Luigi The President Luigi The President Pyra Pyra

I’m very glad to have met you all through all the game speculation, discussions, and *ahem* questionable topics. Surely there will be more of all that and then some when the new thread arrives but I am ready for another round of this wild, yet fun experience. Cheers!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Since this thread is another step closer to being archived, I’d like to say a few things and it may sound cheesy but the hell with it.

This thread has truly been a wild ride. There were indeed good times and bad times but through it all, I’ve come to meet a lot of very charming and wonderful people here Idon Idon AndreaAC AndreaAC Noipoi Noipoi Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku osby osby Zinith Zinith Iridium Iridium Opossum Opossum Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo Luigi The President Luigi The President

I’m very glad to have met you all through all the game speculation, discussions, and *ahem* questionable topics. Surely there will be more of all that and then some when the new thread arrives but I am ready for another round of this wild, yet fun experience. Cheers!
Oh stop it you
Nuh uh!!! I have the IQ of a Yoshi...

......which, even I'm not certain of :yoshi:
Well it's less than the Joker's

?????????????

Smash Master
This thread is closing? Am I hearing that right?

Being on SmashBoards is an on-and-off thing for me; it’s difficult to prioritize time between work, making videos, being social, and playing games, so I don’t frequent chatting online much.

However, this thread and it’s predecessor for Smash 4 were where I spent a lot of time online. Perhaps I’ll check out Nintenzone or any “new thread” that pops up in place...

But for now, I’ll just say thanks for the conversation and memories. This thread has always given me an outlet to discuss Smash Bros. any time any day. I’m glad there’s a place where I can chat with so many other great, creatively minded, strongly opinionated individuals in conversation that resonates with me most.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

This thread has truly been a wild ride. There were indeed good times and bad times but through it all, I’ve come to meet a lot of very charming and wonderful people here Idon Idon AndreaAC AndreaAC Noipoi Noipoi Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku osby osby Zinith Zinith Iridium Iridium Opossum Opossum Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo Luigi The President Luigi The President

Im flattered, thank you, bruh

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Thanks,

It has been an honor be part of this thread.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

It's been an honor

D

Deleted member

Egh.
This’ll probably be my last post prior to the archiving, so, despite my short time here, it’s been an honour.
I’ve experienced it all with you; I’ve been lurking here since late June.
This isn’t a goodbye to you awesome people; I’ll be seeing all of you real soon, but a goodbye to the thread.
Bye thread.
Thanks everyone.
:smash:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom