• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, you all are talking like it's the last time we'll ever see each other or something.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Well you did forget

:ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultdarkpit:

The argument is that among all the Links and the two Pits what would the Owl bring to the table? The way I see if were not playing it like say Green Arrow or Hawkeye, we're left with a palette swap of :ultfalco: with traps?

Now if every move he has like Brave Bird and the like, we're done with arrows, that'd be something. But nothing suggests that.

Also, I understand what Sakurai has said, however, if you've been paying attention to A LOT of stuff the tiger was the center of the action from the start, like the early start.
- I did mention them, look at how I used “Links” and “Pits”.

A couple people already responded, but I’ll just sum up. The Pits and Links only have 1 move that involves archery and isn’t a big part of their play style where as Decidueye’s would be, and that’s also ignoring that Decidueye has Grass and Ghost type moves that are also a part of it’s main arsenal, and could easily seperate him from the other fighters, especially Falco.

The same can also be applied to your arguement against Lycanroc and how two of the forms have Counter. Yes, there are like 10 characters that do have it as well, but once again that’s just 1 move and it’s ignoring that Lycanroc has other stuff, most notably Rock type moves, in it’s main arsenal to also sepeate it from other fighters.

There’s also nothing to suggest that Incineroar was a big candidate from the start or pushed by TPC in such a way. It was the wrestling concept that made him a fighter. If you really want to go by that, Incineroar’s promotion is average, having only one major appearance in one movie as an antagonist’s main Pokémon, and everything is just your standard promotion and a couple of anime appearances.

Anyways, I thing we’re good for now. I only mentioned this because I kept seeing you boast sometimes about Incineroar getting in, but your reasonings and arguements were very flawed.
———————————————————————
This thread is getting archived?

Aw man, what a bummer. I’ll probably be hanging out in the support threads for a while.

It’s been fun discussing Smash with you guys while it lasted.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A couple people already responded, but I’ll just sum up. The Pits and Links only have 1 move that involves archery and isn’t a big part of their play style where as Decidueye’s would be, and that’s also ignoring that Decidueye has Grass and Ghost type moves that are also a part of it’s main arsenal, and could easily seperate him from the other fighters, especially Falco.
Word of advice; don't use "would be" as if you know that would happen.
For all we know, Sakurai might have easily given Decidueye more of a focus on the fact it's a bird rather than the whole archery angle that is exclusive to a single attack within the Pokémon series.
By all means, Pit should have been Smash's first "archer" considering Kid Icarus' main gameplay was shooting arrows. But instead more focus was put on a brand new dual-bladed bow with arrows being restricted to one attack.
You're literally saying the exact OPPOSITE will for sure have happened for Decidueye. And that makes no sense.

And typing isn't a good argument either, since a Pokémon's moves in Smash don't necessarily reflect their type. Incineroar itself is proof of that, having absolutely NO Fire type attacks or basically anything to DO with the fire element other than Revenge's activation and the explosion caused by Cross Chop, neither of which are Fire (or Dark) type moves. And the only Dark type move it has is its own signature Darkest Lariat, which doesn't really reflect the element very well.

D

Deleted member

Wait hold up what's all this talk about this beautiful thread being archived?!!!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is the most hideous(Beautiful) thing I have ever seen before in my entire life.

Shroob I didn't know you handled Polygon's twitter

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys.

That awful Robin hoodie came in the mail today.

It's terrible. And I love it. I'm wearing it to work tomorrow.

Noipoi

Howdy!
New Year New Noi.png

New redesign for the new thread.

I've gotten back in touch with my early 2000s roots, if it looks like he's trying too hard to be cool then my job is done.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
However, this is coming from the person who loves ANY version of my boi sans the Melee one...

This includes the 1993 movie Yoshi...

And the SMW cartoon Yoshi...
It always breaks my heart to see Yoshi get stabbed in the movie.

D

Deleted member

However, this is coming from the person who loves ANY version of my boi sans the Melee one...

This includes the 1993 movie Yoshi...

And the SMW cartoon Yoshi...
Lol the cartoon one looks like Michael Buble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom