• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Welp. You've defeated me, I'm done.
Look, I'm the big Incineroar guy, but Opo has a point here.
You're using hindsight to argue Alolan Whip in this case since no one really knew about that particular technique until after the reveal....
Also figured I should mention that I'm not bashing the 'Roar at all, for the record. I love the big goof, but I just also love Decidueye. :p
Also I'm terrible at actually playing as Incineroar...

Pakky

Smash Hero
Look, I'm the big Incineroar guy, but Opo has a point here.
You're using hindsight to argue Alolan Whip in this case since no one really knew about that particular technique until after the reveal....
That's true.

And even though one shouldn't say one move should invalidate an entire character.

It gets pretty hard (at least for me) to justify something when there's not a lot to work with.

Pokken is kinda of a lackluster showing honestly, but hey that's what they decided to do.

This all opinion but yeah I 've never been able to really see him as a character in Smash.

Though hey if others can more power to them. Nuts to what I say.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
So backairing a Roy at 150 with a purple pikmin doesn't kill but a Smash attack at 50% kills me? Alright Smash, whatever you say.

Anyways, I probably made myself known for being the guy who really wanted Chorus Kids. That makes me happy, as I entered the speculation scene fairly late (a bit after the August Direct). I was pretty much a nobody, but now I'm just like one of you discussing the same Square rep we've been discussing for months. That's pretty neat. You're all a really cool bunch.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Well, it's been a blast talking about Smash. When we ring in the new thread, I hope to see rich DLC and update discussion.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well, it's been a blast talking about Smash. When we ring in the new thread, I hope to see rich DLC and update discussion.
You know there's going to be anything but.

Didn't mean to bring things to a close on a bad note.

NineS

Smash Lord
Wait, wait.
Is the thread closing down?
What'll we do then? Will there be a new thread afterward?

Also, it's been fun everyone! Had a blast on here. Even when things all went to hell, like the Grinch leak, it was still entertaining to see it all happen. I can't wait to see what this place brings in the future, and of course, I'm just happy the 2B talk has spread way more since the game awards. My job won't be done yet, however. Not even if she gets in smash will my job of spreading the word be complete.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So backairing a Roy at 150 with a purple pikmin doesn't kill but a Smash attack at 50% kills me? Alright Smash, whatever you say.

Anyways, I probably made myself known for being the guy who really wanted Chorus Kids. That makes me happy, as I entered the speculation scene fairly late (a bit after the August Direct). I was pretty much a nobody, but now I'm just like one of you discussing the same Square rep we've been discussing for months. That's pretty neat. You're all a really cool bunch.
Hello I'd like to introduce you to rage as a mechanic.
Also Roy's ridiculously easy to hit and super powerful sweet spot.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait, wait.
Is the thread closing down?
What'll we do then? Will there be a new thread afterward?

Also, it's been fun everyone! Had a blast on here. Even when things all went to hell, like the Grinch leak, it was still entertaining to see it all happen. I can't wait to see what this place brings in the future, and of course, I'm just happy the 2B talk has spread way more since the game awards. My job won't be done yet, however. Not even if she gets in smash will my job of spreading the word be complete.
Yeah, there'll be a new one once this one's dead.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don’t normally frequent social threads, but maybe that will change with the new one. May just stick to the DLC speculation thread though.

I’d REALLY appreciate a Nintendo Direct though. I’d like some information on when big games/characters are coming so I can plan on what I want to buy day one.

Plus I want to know when I can play the plant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t normally frequent social threads, but maybe that will change with the new one. May just stick to the DLC speculation thread though.

I’d REALLY appreciate a Nintendo Direct though. I’d like some information on when big games/characters are coming so I can plan on what I want to buy day one.

Plus I want to know when I can play the plant.
I think he said it was planned for February

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I need to make one last appearance on this old rotty ass ***** before we move on to her younger model.

Shroob

Sup?
I think at the very least, if nothing else in these final days.

We learned that, Yoshi's tax fraud is ****ing canon to the Mario series now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm used to that...

The correct answer is that it's actually a red rubber popper toy thing. You know, the ones you turn inside out and they pop up after a bit? Usually found in cereal boxes? The left Yoshi is when the popper is inverted, and the right Yoshi has it popped back into a neutral position.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Roy is more powerful than any mere Pikmin

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How are you going to talk about the shell change when Yoshi got his eyelids ripped off
He took style and fashion advice from Whoopi Goldberg. It's no big deal.

Or maybe Valentina.

Valentina has no eyebrows out of drag and ***** is always stunting pretty.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He took style and fashion advice from Whoopi Goldberg. It's no big deal.

Or maybe Valentina.

Valentina has no eyebrows out of drag and ***** is always stunting pretty.
Valentina being pretty is generally not why people talk about her. >.>

I also gotta pull out my regular copy of Ultimate. I haven't played it super much lately. I guess it's the lack of regular modes or something. I'm so used to fun things like Target Tests(and variations). I'm loving Target Blast cause it helps me perfect my precision with Ganondorf and gets me customs.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Y'know, it's funny. Because I was a delusional idiot, I thought Ashley had a shot. So of course I had an Ashley avatar and signature and I never shut up about her. That is until the August Smash direct.

I was so sure i'd be mocked for my Ashley support, I changed my avatar. I couldn't find a picture I liked, so I drew one myself. the very first Noipoi.

View attachment 186988

I'm pretty sure that cemented my role in this thread from there on. People would ask me to draw for them, avatars or just pictures. I was encouraged to start a Deviantart and to do Commissions. It got me my first job! It also sparked my greatest contributions to this thread, the anime posters. (which are too big for me to post here)

The point i'm trying to make here is, if it weren't for this thread and the wonderful weirdos in it I wouldn't be where I am today. At the curent moment my life is in a very weird and uncomfortable transitional period, but this thread has always been there for me.

So I guess i'm saying thanks, all of you. Thanks for being so damn weird you spend your days on the internet talking about a video game instead of doing literally anything else. It's helped me a ton, and i'll never forget it.
:3 Awww, I am so glad that you feel that way, my friend! xD I may not spend much time in this thread in comparison to other places, but it was this place where I got to know you! I couldn't be any more glad about that! ^u^ Also, I really love your style!

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well, I haven't said anything meaningful yet so, well thank you, everyone.

Without your requests, I would have never learned how to use Adobe Illustrator, nor would I have become the lead on the icon thread.

Even though I have been super busy in my personal life as I am trying to prepare a portfolio to get better work, I haven't forgotten your requests.

I think this is the longest I've been invested in any one place on the internet so, cheers to that.

Ummm, so sorry for being sassy, hope you enjoy the icons that many others including myself have made on the icon thread, and see you in the new DLC social thread. (Where I will talk about boobies and mods will turn a blind eye because I've paid them under the table.)

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I'm not really into speculation, especially when it's ultimately quite fruitless when it comes to Nintendo. Arlo calls them "The Kings of Left Field." With Ultimate, I thought it was at least fairly straightforward given the pattern presented by the E3 and August Directs, with all the big requests mostly being done, so I figured that Isaac/Geno/Shadow were a lock, but we got Isabelle/Ken/Incineroar/PIRANHA PLANT instead.

Speculation also doesn't do me much good when your characters have a snowball's chance in hell. I got unbelievably lucky with Dark Samus. I considered that a lost cause after Ridley (who I would've been satisfied with alone), but the circumstantial evidence gave some reason to believe, so I had a little faith. Now, one of my favorite Nintendo characters of all time is actually in Smash, but I'm not expecting Chibi-Robo, Dimentio, or Midna to show up anytime soon.

However, I didn't care much for any of the newcomers in Smash 4, so Ultimate delivering at least two characters for me to be more than excited about was enough to satisfy my wants. I've been a R.O.B. main for over a decade, but I didn't know I wanted him until I played him in Brawl already. Dark Samus and Ridley were two characters I've wanted for a while, and finally, miraculously, got them both.

Even then, I would've been satisfied with just "EVERYONE IS HERE!" since it's exactly what I wanted out of Smash 4 when it got close to being that. I was sold harder than I've ever been sold on a Nintendo game just from the E3 Direct alone, which I've rewatched numerous times. The new characters were just the icing on the cake.

Hence why I've not been very active in this thread since December. I was hoping the general thread would turn from speculation to actual discussion about the game, since my enjoyment of Smash comes from, well, playing the game. I'd rather play the game than agonize over who the next characters might be. Not that I don't care about new characters just because I got mine; rather, I love when other people get their wishes. I didn't care at all about K. Rool, but when he was announced, I thought it was awesome because of how many people wanted him. Same with all the other characters who were announced.

But the DLC announcements are going to come sporadically throughout the year, and waiting months just for one character announcement that's going to have to fit a certain set of criteria isn't something I'm going to invest a lot of attention in. I'll be excited when they do announce things, but it's not going to be on my mind daily.

Still, it was fun here to pass the time while we waited for release. I'd never been part of a Smash pre-release hype cycle before, despite playing and loving the games since 2002. Ultimate was the first game since Halo: Reach back in 2010 that I was intensely anticipating and followed every bit of information and discussion, and I doubt there will be a game like that for me anytime soon.

Glad to be a part of this thread, and glad to be a part of SmashBoards. :ultdarksamus:

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since were out of things to discuss what are everyone's final predictions on the 4 DLC? Mine still stands.

-Banjo-Kazooie
-Crash Bandicoot
-Erdrick
-Phoenix Wright

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Valentina being pretty is generally not why people talk about her. >.>
This better not be slander against my dramatic delusional living in her own world queen that we stan.

Actually I just love her because yeah she's not perfect and yeah she's got a lot of learning to do. (Like Ru was on point last challenge with the fact that she could do so much better at comedy and comedy challenges if she would just take her Valentina persona and apply it to the comedy of it all, because the persona is ****ing hilarious and fresh, no one else quite does anything like it.)

But I love (and somewhat hate) that she thinks she's perfect. She's a good example of the ''love yourself no matter what everyone else thinks of you" mantra and I'd like to think since she's 27 years old she understands that the dramatic telenovela world she lives in through her Valentina character doesn't necessarily 100 percent reflect on reality.

Too long didn't read? I think she's a very gorgeous queen, funny without even trying (and could be funny scripted if she got out of her own head), and she's actually a solid lip sync Queen and real singer too.

I think there's a reason she's become such a Drag Race legend.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This better not be slander against my dramatic delusional living in her own world queen that we stan.

Actually I just love her because yeah she's not perfect and yeah she's got a lot of learning to do. (Like Ru was on point last challenge with the fact that she could do so much better at comedy and comedy challenges if she would just take her Valentina persona and apply it to the comedy of it all, because the persona is ****ing hilarious and fresh, no one else quite does anything like it.)

But I love (and somewhat hate) that she thinks she's perfect. She's a good example of the ''love yourself no matter what everyone else thinks of you" mantra and I'd like to think since she's 27 years old she understands that the dramatic telenovela world she lives in through her Valentina character doesn't necessarily 100 percent reflect on reality.

Too long didn't read? I think she's a very gorgeous queen, funny without even trying (and could be funny scripted if she got out of her own head), and she's actually a solid lip sync Queen and real singer too.

I think there's a reason she's become such a Drag Race legend.
...I totally misunderstood who you meant. I was referring to the Super Mario RPG character. My bad.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I wanna tell you guys what I'm working on but I shouldn't spoil a work in progress, I'm so excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom