• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
It's cute, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt that Sakurai would put a chibi-Bravely character in the game. They'd look as close to their render as possible.

That'd be akin to PS1 Graphics Cloud being playable.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Your missing the BEST Smash character...
View attachment 186984
No one compares, FIGHT ME! No seriously, you guys gave Dark Pit way too much ****.
I play Dark Pit by default since he’s the inferior Pit...so he’s 2nd best (just like in Uprising...when you exclude Hades and Viridi and Magnus)

Shroob

Sup?
doubtful. I'd assume size of all things would remain the same, since they'd have to play around with the hurtbox and model size before actually getting into any of the animations
Pretty much this.

Piranha Plant got weight and speed changes, but not size.

You can change the parameters like speed, weight, damage, etc, but size means ****ing with the hurtbox.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It's cute, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt that Sakurai would put a chibi-Bravely character in the game. They'd look as close to their render as possible.

That'd be akin to PS1 Graphics Cloud being playable.
Damn, now I want a costume of that, right alongside the KH outfit.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
All good times must come to an end. This will be my final post here. Don't assume I'm to disappear, however. It's been fun. Even if a tad toxic sometimes, such was simply a product of the tension and hype. At the end of the day, we were all Smash fans, and we still are. Despite such a variety of viewpoints it's the one thing that brings us together here. Farewell.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y'know, it's funny. Because I was a delusional idiot, I thought Ashley had a shot. So of course I had an Ashley avatar and signature and I never shut up about her. That is until the August Smash direct.

I was so sure i'd be mocked for my Ashley support, I changed my avatar. I couldn't find a picture I liked, so I drew one myself. the very first Noipoi.

The Noipoi (ALT).png

I'm pretty sure that cemented my role in this thread from there on. People would ask me to draw for them, avatars or just pictures. I was encouraged to start a Deviantart and to do Commissions. It got me my first job! It also sparked my greatest contributions to this thread, the anime posters. (which are too big for me to post here)

The point i'm trying to make here is, if it weren't for this thread and the wonderful weirdos in it I wouldn't be where I am today. At the curent moment my life is in a very weird and uncomfortable transitional period, but this thread has always been there for me.

So I guess i'm saying thanks, all of you. Thanks for being so damn weird you spend your days on the internet talking about a video game instead of doing literally anything else. It's helped me a ton, and i'll never forget it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With this thread closing down, all I can say is good riddance. Now the Square thread can overtake speculation, all is going according to the plan*.

*Translator's note: plan means keikkaku

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Y'know, it's funny. Because I was a delusional idiot, I thought Ashley had a shot. So of course I had an Ashley avatar and signature and I never shut up about her. That is until the August Smash direct.

I was so sure i'd be mocked for my Ashley support, so I changed my avatar. I couldn't find a picture I liked, so I drew one myself. the very first Noipoi.

View attachment 186988

I'm pretty sure that cemented my role in this thread from there on. People would ask me to draw for them, avatars or just pictures. I was encouraged to start a Deviantart and to do Commissions. It got me my first job! It also sparked my greatest contributions to this thread, the anime posters. (which are too big for me to post here)

The point i'm trying to make here is, if it weren't for this thread and the wonderful weirdos in it I wouldn't be where I am today. At the curent moment my life is in a very weird and uncomfortable transitional period, but this thread has always been there for me.

So I guess i'm saying thanks, all of you. Thanks for being so damn weird you spend your days on the internet talking about a video game instead of doing literally anything else. It's helped me a ton, and i'll never forget it.
Thanks for my profile pic. I use it on pretty much everything. Even on my blackpeoplemeet profile. It's really helped.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think it's to say my thanks here, assuming everyone else is...

Ngl, when I first got here in September around the time of the Direct delay, I was kind of a jerk, I can barely look back at most of the posts from my first month here...

So right up front, I apologize for that

But y'all were so kind, and so fun to hang out and discuss the last half of Smash Ultimate speculation with, that I managed to soften up, and be as polite as possible. And let me tell ya, the stuff we went through here were fun. From the Grinch leak, to the random off topic discussions, to Joker at the VGA's. I had a blast with you guys, and I hope to be able to talk with you guys on another thread, after this one locks...

Thanks, for everything, guys...
Y'all are great

Rest in peace General Thread, we'll miss ya

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I joined a few months after Megaman was revealed for Smash 4, and basically stuck around until the last DLC reveals.

And then I kinda disappeared until June 12th 2018.

*Sips*

That was a good day.

Iridium

Smash Hero
W O O M Y

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yeah glitch still works.
Okay, that's answered. Can you try the 3 Links? I want to make a comparison to Smash 4 (Melee too?).

I was so sure i'd be mocked for my Ashley support, so I changed my avatar. I couldn't find a picture I liked, so I drew one myself. the very first Noipoi.

View attachment 186988

Weirdos? Where?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Look like they will have a similar moveset to this:

Even take out their Archery aspect (including the Links and Pits) and look at their moveset and what moveset Decidueye would have and it would still be different.

I fail to see your point. And Sakurai has made it clear that the reason Incineroar is a fighter is because he wanted to work on a wrestler. That’s all we know, but I honestly think “uniqueness” wouldn’t be the fault because S/M already came out when Sakurai was picking a Pokémon, so concept art is thrown out the window and the idea that’s Decidueye would be similar to Pit/Link is already faulty to begin with.

And that’s only half of what you said that I want to address along with some other things, but I don’t feel so good at the moment.

... I sleep now.
I’ve been wanting to call you out on this for a while now... but remembering your reasons against Decidueye about how one special move makes him similar to Link and Pit over the last couple of months... is what’s laughable.

Does this:
View attachment 186952
Or This:
View attachment 186953
Look like they will have a similar moveset to this:
View attachment 186955
Even take out their Archery aspect (including the Links and Pits) and look at their moveset and what moveset Decidueye would have and it would still be different.

I fail to see your point. And Sakurai has made it clear that the reason Incineroar is a fighter is because he wanted to work on a wrestler. That’s all we know, but I honestly think “uniqueness” wouldn’t be the fault because S/M already came out when Sakurai was picking a Pokémon, so concept art is thrown out the window and the idea that’s Decidueye would be similar to Pit/Link is already faulty to begin with.

And that’s only half of what you said that I want to address along with some other things, but I don’t feel so good at the moment.

... I sleep now.
Well you did forget

:ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultdarkpit:

The argument is that among all the Links and the two Pits what would the Owl bring to the table? The way I see if were not playing it like say Green Arrow or Hawkeye, we're left with a palette swap of :ultfalco: with traps?

Now if every move he has like Brave Bird and the like, we're done with arrows, that'd be something. But nothing suggests that.

Also, I understand what Sakurai has said, however, if you've been paying attention to A LOT of stuff the tiger was the center of the action from the start, like the early start.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Low key though:

A lot of people look back on Smash 4 speculation and hate it, while I loved it.

I feel the exact opposite this cycle.

Between Grinch Hoax, Loz18, Box wars, Music Theory, Blog Theory.... were it not for the community, I would have mentally checked out a long time ago.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom