• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
When do you think it will archive?
I have no idea when. All we were told was it'll be archived "in the next day or two."

You might not have noticed, but I've been converted to a Yoshi main.

Last edited:

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Ah shucks. This thread constituted 60% of my input here...

Also yes I have. Have fun with my boi
There's going to be a social thread to replace it, apparently. So hope is not lost!

LetterO

Smash Lord
So now I understand why people hate the Roller after fighting a few Inklings.

At least they stayed true to the source by making it as stupid and deadly as it actually is in Splatoon.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
me but replace villager with good marks

i really should get to writing that paper....
No, let me help.
The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. Julius Caesar was stabbed, but fought back with a pen. The cube root of 125 is 5. Little Red Riding Hood was published by the Grimm Brothers in 1812. Genotype means genetic information and phenotype means physical results of the genes. The government shutdown is now the longest in US history. Cloud was nerfed. Deponents are passive in form but active in meaning. Martin Van Buren was the 8th president.

You can use one of these, right?

D

Deleted member

And :ultkrool: basically made that a reality months later.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/ad31iz
Would anyone try this for me to see if it still works?
I'll go try it. Gotta get that sweet Inkling T-Pose.

I’m here to ruin Zinith Zinith ’s day.

The meme is canon. I’m sorry...
OH MY GOODNESS.

IT'S FREAKIN' REAL.

D

Deleted member

At least they stayed true to the source by making it as stupid and deadly as it actually is in Splatoon.
The most annoying thing is that if you get roller'd at 80-100 (depending on your character) then you're dead. And honestly it's not OP at all, it's stupidly easily to avoid- if there wasn't so much ****ing input lag online. That's what irks me, it's not even OP!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm tempted to keeps tabs on this site constantly so i can be the first post in the new thread once this one closes, but that'd require too much effort.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well guys, it looks like we have an interesting development on the Brave character.

Basically, the character is about the same height as Ness/Lucas and is slightly shorter than Mario.

You can get the full rundown in the Square Enix thread.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well guys, it looks like we have an interesting development on the Brave character.

Basically, the character is about the same height as Ness/Lucas and is slightly shorter than Mario.

Chibi Erdrick time, bois

Roberk

Smash Champion
Damn, I really did spend a lot of time here. Like, 99.9% of my time on Smashboards was here lol. It's hard to know what to feel about this thread closing, I may not have posted, interacted, or made as much as an impact as others who joined in 2018 but I still spent hours upon hours reading this thread. I really do hope we the "General-thread gang" can still hang out in the social to replace this thread because reading your conversations and interacting with a semi-permanent group of people for 10 months was really cool and just a blast. Is it the off-topic discussions topic of Smash? Is it unique, personalized accounts? Is it any other number of factors that made this experience awesome? I don't think I'll know for sure, but all I know is that it was fun. I look forward to the next Smash not just for a bigger roster, improved mechanics, or more content, but also for another speculation period that I know will be as wild as a ride as this one was.

Shroob

Sup?

Smoldrek, and not his Trunks design.

I'll take that.

download.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As someone who uses the Roller in Splatoon quite frequently next to Dualies, Splattershots, and Brushes, Roller in Smash pleases me greatly.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We're half way through January. Another 16 days until February.

Boy this will be such a long wait...Have to get through February until getting to March. How will y'all survive without any news?
dude...Spider-Man Far From Home released a trailer today, WWE has the Royal Rumble soon, and Smash in general...I think I’m gonna be alright

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

Then I'll continue to vainly hope it's a Bravely character.
They have a chibi form too.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
As someone who uses the Roller in Splatoon quite frequently next to Dualies, Splattershots, and Brushes, Roller in Smash pleases me greatly.
No lie, I hate Splatrollers in Splatoon itself, yet Smash makes me love it (now I shall be conflicted)

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Damn, I really did spend a lot of time here. Like, 99.9% of my time on Smashboards was here lol. It's hard to know what to feel about this thread closing, I may not have posted, interacted, or made as much as an impact as others who joined in 2018 but I still spent hours upon hours reading this thread. I really do hope we the "General-thread gang" can still hang out in the social to replace this thread because reading your conversations and interacting with a semi-permanent group of people for 10 months was really cool and just a blast. Is it the off-topic discussions topic of Smash? Is it unique, personalized accounts? Is it any other number of factors that made this experience awesome? I don't think I'll know for sure, but all I know is that it was fun. I look forward to the next Smash not just for a bigger roster, improved mechanics, or more content, but also for another speculation period that I know will be as wild as a ride as this one was.
I feel you. We have like 50 people viewing, but each person/penguin/demon/other is unique. Sure, this thread has trash. But it also has memes, jokes, potential move sets, me turning an entire song into a commemoration of this thread, Noipoi, and most of all, community.

Here's to the next one!

D

Deleted member

**** YOU, IT'S NINTEN! Cause he's a Brave boy.

Play the "**** YOU, IT'S JANUARY" theme.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

So it’s a small short character of some sort?

I’m guessing either:

-Geno (If Spirits don’t deconfirm)
-Erdrick (Classic design)
-Steve
-Someone else, possibly a “cutesy” kind of character.

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace

So the chances it's the Amazon from Dragon's Crown just got lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom