• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Huh, only a little over a week until Smash turns 20, at least based on Japan with 64. I know Sakurai will say something, even if it leads to nothing, so I'm waiting.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Huh, only a little over a week until Smash turns 20, at least based on Japan with 64. I know Sakurai will say something, even if it leads to nothing, so I'm waiting.
If lucky maybe we'll get some news say like at most a tease of the 4 DLC characters like dark silhouettes.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If lucky maybe we'll get some news say like at most a tease of the 4 DLC characters like dark silhouettes.
In some glorious reality, he will announce a revival of Dragon King: The Fighting Game, and then a crossover with Smash at the same time. Something to throw off the entire internet just like that.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In some glorious reality, he will announce a revival of Dragon King: The Fighting Game, and then a crossover with Smash at the same time. Something to throw off the entire internet just like that.
Watch that one of those characters is the next DLC character.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Guys, I know this is only tangentially related but...

Bayonetta is officially canon in the SMT-universe.

I am beyond confused.
So..now both Dante & Bayonetta are Canon in SMT? I mean, they were arguably Canon in the same universe already..but still.

Better have a 'Featuring Bayonetta from the Bayonetta series' sticker on it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So..now both Dante & Bayonetta are Canon in SMT? I mean, they were arguably Canon in the same universe already..but still.

Better have a 'Featuring Bayonetta from the Bayonetta series' sticker on it.
Your avatar caught me way off guard.

It's good though, keep it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'M STILL RELEVANT! HELL YEAH!

Oh, yeah. Thanks too!
And seeing as I've been dead recently, any leaks I've missed? Who are currently the top contenders for DLC?
And more importantly, 2B or not 2B?
Edrick, Edrick and Edrick.

Also Steve

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ugh I know I said this before but I hate how tilted I get. It's ruining online for me and it's entirely in my head. I make a lethal SD or lose to an incredibly laggy player and it ruins my groove for the entire rest of the day. You know how taking a break is supposed to help? Well I get tilted, so I put down the controller, go take a shower, grab something to eat, visit Smashboards, play with my dog, watch some Youtube, and then by the time I get back to playing the game...I'm still just as tilted as I was when I put down the controller. I really want to be playing Smash right now but I can't because I'm tilted and know I won't enjoy it.

There's got to be something I can do to get over this. It's not enough to get over being titled, I have to find a way to prevent getting tilted in the first place. Some sort of change in mentality or something...I try not to take losses too badly but sometimes after a really annoying match it just happens.

NineS

Smash Lord
Ugh I know I said this before but I hate how tilted I get. It's ruining online for me and it's entirely in my head. I make a lethal SD or lose to an incredibly laggy player and it ruins my groove for the entire rest of the day. You know how taking a break is supposed to help? Well I get tilted, so I put down the controller, go take a shower, grab something to eat, visit Smashboards, play with my dog, watch some Youtube, and then by the time I get back to playing the game...I'm still just as tilted as I was when I put down the controller. I really want to be playing Smash right now but I can't because I'm tilted and know I won't enjoy it.

There's got to be something I can do to get over this. It's not enough to get over being titled, I have to find a way to prevent getting tilted in the first place. Some sort of change in mentality or something...I try not to take losses too badly but sometimes after a really annoying match it just happens.
You know what always cheers me up after SD'ing because my recovery was ruined by a misinput so I end up going sideways instead of up at the bottom of the stage?

Just playing cheap. Suiciding with characters. Hopping online with a friend in team battle arenas, play as K. Rool while the other is Ridley, then bury the opponent and have them use Ridley's Down B, then grab and bury the opponent again, then repeat, and profit.
I've actually been doing this for the last few days online. I've tortured so many poor souls with my friend. We have that combo down at this point.

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I'M STILL RELEVANT! HELL YEAH!

Oh, yeah. Thanks too!
And seeing as I've been dead recently, any leaks I've missed? Who are currently the top contenders for DLC?
And more importantly, 2B or not 2B?
How much did you miss? Did you hear about the brave character they found in the data, and how they're short, pseudo-heavy, kinda floaty, and have really slow turns?

Noipoi

Howdy!
How do you think dlc characters will be handled in Adventure Mode? Will they be added to the world map, or will they just be there in the CSS? What if you're starting it for the first time and you've got a dlc character? Will they not be added at all?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Does anyone know the lyrics for the new
F-ZERO Medley yet?
Some weird Engrish there.
It kinda makes sense the F-Zero Medley would have a ton of awkward Engrish, seeing how the series' aesthetic is an American comic book interpreted by Japanese creators.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
How do you think dlc characters will be handled in Adventure Mode? Will they be added to the world map, or will they just be there in the CSS? What if you're starting it for the first time and you've got a dlc character? Will they not be added at all?
The last bit.

There's really no reason to go through the trouble of adding them since WoL is kinda a one time thing.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
In an ideal world, I hope they'll get their own dungeon so they can add addition spirits from their series.

But they'll probably just give the "X joins the battle!" when you load up World of Light, which would unlock them.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know what always cheers me up after SD'ing because my recovery was ruined by a misinput so I end up going sideways instead of up at the bottom of the stage?

Just playing cheap. Suiciding with characters. Hopping online with a friend in team battle arenas, play as K. Rool while the other is Ridley, then bury the opponent and have them use Ridley's Down B, then grab and bury the opponent again, then repeat, and profit.
I've actually been doing this for the last few days online. I've tortured so many poor souls with my friend. We have that combo down at this point.
Nah I'm not mean enough to enjoy that.
Also I don't have any friends.

You might be on to something though. Maybe I should switch up characters or play a different mode.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They'll probably just be already added to your roster once you beat post-game if you ask me.

It's either that or they'll just add those weird spaces like they did :toonlink::jigglypuff::wolf: in SSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom