• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
How do you think dlc characters will be handled in Adventure Mode? Will they be added to the world map, or will they just be there in the CSS? What if you're starting it for the first time and you've got a dlc character? Will they not be added at all?
I can take a couple of guesses.
I feel the most likely occurrence will be that the characters will be added as playable the moment you start World of Light, whether it's your first time or you're hopping back on after playing halfway. No sequence, no new location on the map, just the "Character Unlocked!" thing in world of light as they're added as playable.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/8sgmkk/okay_i_really_need_doomguy_on_smash_bros/

I think that's the original right there just from reverse image searching @Alastor017's avatar. Maybe not though.

Edit: nvm here it is:
Haha, just as I quoted you saying I managed to find it, you edited your post to show you found it too lol

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

NineS

Smash Lord
I feel kind of guilty for being uninterested in Doomguy almost entirely.
I'm still having a hard time believing the possibility of him making it in.

How did so many people begin to believe he'd be one of the smash DLC characters?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I feel kind of guilty for being uninterested in Doomguy almost entirely.
I'm still having a hard time believing the possibility of him making it in.

How did so many people begin to believe he'd be one of the smash DLC characters?
A 5chan "leak" that had him along with Erdrick, Steve, and Hayabusa.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But that's just Penguin Sakurai. "Sakurai Bias" can't reach peak levels until Sakurai puts his real self in.
Imagine how much powers the Palutena’s Guidance would be for Sakurai...he’d talk to his new son and tell him how to win against his proud father

Iridium

Smash Hero
If the online was to ever get tweaked soon, I want to be able to bet gold while spectating again, with a toggle. There's almost 0 incentive to doing it now.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
How do you think dlc characters will be handled in Adventure Mode? Will they be added to the world map, or will they just be there in the CSS? What if you're starting it for the first time and you've got a dlc character? Will they not be added at all?
Wondered the same thing. Hoping they just get added to the map someplace. But wouldn't be too surprised if they lazed out and either didn't include them in WoL, or included them automatically.

Ideal situation would be for each of them to get their own subarea of the map, with a bunch of spirits from their series.

The last bit.

There's really no reason to go through the trouble of adding them since WoL is kinda a one time thing.
I played through it twice. Once to clear it. Second time to max out my skill tree, then finished it off to have a complete save. And if they add new content to it, I'll go back and play it. Should be easy since I have the whole map opened up already.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I see.
... Wait. Why are people believing this text leak? Credible predictions? Backed by a reliable source?
Forgive me for asking so many questions, by the way.
Erdrick possibly being datamined and part of a rumour that leaked a Granblue fighting game has put him in just about every leak now. This rumour with Steve, Doomguy and Ryu Hayabusa might just be piggybacking but I guess the characters are interesting enough for people to keep bringing up.

NineS

Smash Lord
Erdrick possibly being datamined and part of a rumour that leaked a Granblue fighting game has put him in just about every leak now. This rumour with Steve, Doomguy and Ryu Hayabusa might just be piggybacking but I guess the characters are interesting enough for people to keep bringing up.
I see.

Well, whatever the case, I'd just like to get another character revealed this month so we can debunk leaks, and let some live on a while longer.
It makes things so much easier.
The one leak I do want, however, is Joker's release date. I've become addicted to Persona 5 in my absence.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I see.
... Wait. Why are people believing this text leak? Credible predictions? Backed by a reliable source?
Honestly, the main reason people were believing it was because it was really the only main leak at the time and we didn't really have much else to work with in terms of speculation. It was also Japanese.

However, we know it's fake because the anonymous 5chan leaker claimed it was from a western reddit and people were unable to find the original reddit leak. So either the original reddit post was deleted or the leaker's just a liar.

NineS

Smash Lord
Honestly, the main reason people were believing it was because it was really the only main leak at the time and we didn't really have much else to work with in terms of speculation. It was also Japanese.

However, we know it's fake because the anonymous 5chan leaker claimed it was from a western reddit and people were unable to find the original reddit leak. So either the original reddit post was deleted or the leaker's just a liar.
Well, I think that just killed the leak. For the most part, anyway.
Which is a little relieving for me for many reasons.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can't believe Bayonetta is our SMT rep now.

I see.

Well, whatever the case, I'd just like to get another character revealed this month so we can debunk leaks, and let some live on a while longer.
It makes things so much easier.
The one leak I do want, however, is Joker's release date. I've become addicted to Persona 5 in my absence.
*chants "one of us"*

Also, welcome back. It's been a while, right?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ugh I know I said this before but I hate how tilted I get. It's ruining online for me and it's entirely in my head. I make a lethal SD or lose to an incredibly laggy player and it ruins my groove for the entire rest of the day. You know how taking a break is supposed to help? Well I get tilted, so I put down the controller, go take a shower, grab something to eat, visit Smashboards, play with my dog, watch some Youtube, and then by the time I get back to playing the game...I'm still just as tilted as I was when I put down the controller. I really want to be playing Smash right now but I can't because I'm tilted and know I won't enjoy it.

There's got to be something I can do to get over this. It's not enough to get over being titled, I have to find a way to prevent getting tilted in the first place. Some sort of change in mentality or something...I try not to take losses too badly but sometimes after a really annoying match it just happens.
Hmm... Instead of walking away, how about trying this?

Try to find humour in the mistake(s) you made, and laugh it off.

Don't worry about playing perfectly, trying to remain on your A Game constantly will exhaust you mentally, and inevitably lead to mistakes being made.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I see.
People already replied so I'm gonna say the thing people forget to mention. People often end up supporting a character if they're featured in a rumours as they go "Oh ****, I never considered that, that'd be so cool!". Two good examples are the Chorus Kids who wouldn't have become nearly as popular had the Gematsu leak not insisted on them and Dante, who was seemingly leaked by the source who leaked a ****ton of DMCV details. Either it was someone else or the guy sprinkled his stuff with fake info to spread the word for Dante, I noticed a lot more people opened up to the idea of Dante after that rumour came along here

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

I'll never get Madotsuki as a fighter, but this'll have to do as a proper stand-in. All of her specials involve stabbing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
People already replied so I'm gonna say the thing people forget to mention. People often end up supporting a character if they're featured in a rumours as they go "Oh ****, I never considered that, that'd be so cool!". Two good examples are the Chorus Kids who wouldn't have become nearly as popular had the Gematsu leak not insisted on them and Dante, who was seemingly leaked by the source who leaked a ****ton of DMCV details. Either it was someone else or the guy sprinkled his stuff with fake info to spread the word for Dante, I noticed a lot more people opened up to the idea of Dante after that rumour came along here
True. Like, bandwagoning is a real thing but some people are just introduced to certain characters via speculation. It's not so different than seeing a character first time in Smash and still liking them.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I just remembered that you can invert the colors on the Switch. Playing Smash inverted is weirdly satisfying.

Seeing Shulk's Green and Orange Monado, and Robin's Dark Thorons brings me great joy.
Great Cave Offensive is quite offensive on the eyes inverted, and Dracula's Castle is waaaaaay too bright.

Final Destination is super cool inverted.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Maybe I'm not completely up to date but I thought the same leaker that leaked Hayabusa, Doom Slayer, and Steve also leaked Persona 5 R and Joker's Smash reveal at The Game Awards. I could be wrong but I was almost certain that was why this leak gained any traction at all.

There's an IGN article I have yet to read on it if anyone else is interested.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
me when someone says hayabusa is too boring for smash

1500355895194.png

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thanks for the mention man. I'm unable to be on often, but I really like seeing wholesome posts like this.
Guys, I know this is only tangentially related but...

Bayonetta is officially canon in the SMT-universe.

I am beyond confused.
So you're telling me that Bayonetta could actually be Joker's mom?

Hell yeah.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Status
Not open for further replies.