• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Maybe I'm not completely up to date but I thought the same leaker that leaked Hayabusa, Doom Slayer, and Steve also leaked Persona 5 R and Joker's Smash reveal at The Game Awards. I could be wrong but I was almost certain that was why this leak gained any traction at all.

There's an IGN article I have yet to read on it if anyone else is interested.
There is someone who mentioned Joker before the game awards but their full DLC list is Sylux, Edelgard, Banjo and a SE character (possibly Chrono or Neku).

2 days after the Game Awards was the Ryu/Doom/Steve 5chan post. The user also brought up Persona 5R before its reveal. Though all this was largely unnoticed January. The same user in a seperate post said that Rayman and Heihachi were DLC in place of Hayabusa and Doomguy.

A seperate 5chan post was made after the aforementioned one (Dec 15) which leaked the Granblue fighting game and mentioned Joker's stage + Jack Frost appearance, as well as Erdrick, Alefgard stage, Slime appearing and Anlucia and Luminary costumes for Erdrick. This post was noticed pretty much straight away unlike the previous one. The previous one, however, does have everything included in this one.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I just remembered that you can invert the colors on the Switch. Playing Smash inverted is weirdly satisfying.

Seeing Shulk's Green and Orange Monado, and Robin's Dark Thorons brings me great joy.
Great Cave Offensive is quite offensive on the eyes inverted, and Dracula's Castle is waaaaaay too bright.

Final Destination is super cool inverted.

....how do you do that?

Hey look it’s hanzo.
RYUGA WAGA TEKI WO KUR-
oh different Hanzo huh

Text leak.
I still fail to understand how people believe this stuff. At least with the Grinch leak, we had actual pictures. But now everybody's jumpin on the bandwagon of yet ANOTHER text leak. Yeah, Gematsu and VeggieTales had it right, but come on, they had those pegged MONTHS in advance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A seperate 5chan post was made after the aforementioned one (Dec 15) which leaked the Granblue fighting game and mentioned Joker's stage + Jack Frost appearance, as well as Erdrick, Alefgard stage, Slime appearing and Anlucia and Luminary costumes for Erdrick. This post was noticed pretty much straight away unlike the previous one. The previous one, however, does have everything included in this one.
The Anlucia and Luminary bit was part of the Steve/Hayabusa/DOOM set.

This one didn't have that. Just there being both male and female versions of Erdrick.

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently they both had that information....?

Last edited by a moderator:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Your avatar caught me way off guard.

It's good though, keep it.
Been playing too much Soul Calibur VI as 2P 2B, I really like her dark skinned/inverted alt..I hope they add it to the actual game at some point too.
The last bit.

There's really no reason to go through the trouble of adding them since WoL is kinda a one time thing.
It has a New Game+, clearly they didn't intend it to be a one-time thing and if the DLC characters weren't included, I'm sure there would be complaints. They'll probably just add them to your roster from the get-go or perhaps add them after you unlock Mario so you still only start with Kirby.

D

Deleted member

We still believing that text leak? As much as I want Ryu Hayabusa and Doomguy, that leak pretty much doesn't have much going for it.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
We still believing that text leak? As much as I want Ryu Hayabusa and Doomguy, that leak pretty much doesn't have much going for it.
I never really believed it..I just don't see Hayabusa or Doomguy happening, to be honest..particularly not Doomguy.

D

Deleted member

Not at all.
Hoping though.
I feel you. I'd flip a hundred tables Doomguy got in. I just don't see why this text leak is any different from the others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
We are actually getting Ryu Hayabusa but its based on Ninja Gaiden 2 so its an Icies like character.

Could you imagine?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
When can we expect “Brave” to be announced? Its and Jokers stats are already in the game so it has to be soonish.
Joker wasn't in any state to be shown at TGA, while Piranha Plant looked pretty much done in November and still took 3ish months of balancing before release. I'd say Brave is April at the absolute earliest.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
When can we expect “Brave” to be announced? Its and Jokers stats are already in the game so it has to be soonish.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the next direct we see some Joker gameplay and then the second character is announced. That being said, I also wouldn’t be surprised if they waited until the direct after that to announce the second one. We haven’t even gotten PP yet, so I feel like we’re getting a bit inpatient (myself included).

D

Deleted member

I can't even remember old good memories without new bad memories invading my mind. My brain is tormenting me, make it stop.
I’m so sorry that you’re in this state, man.
I don’t think I’d even be able to scratch the surface in understanding what’s happening in your life, but I really hope you’ll be okay.
It’s not fair, and it shouldn’t be happening.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I can't even remember old good memories without new bad memories invading my mind. My brain is tormenting me, make it stop.
I completely understand, hun..I'm having a rough time myself. I'm beginning to think I have an Anxiety Disorder..after certain events, every little pain or sickness I have, I blow up in my mind into being something so much worse then it truly is, my best friend hasn't been talking to me since getting his girlfriend (now fiancé after only 3 months of dating) and he even deleted me off of his PSN Friends, though not Switch yet, and I'm having too many bills from seeking medical advice for the first bit that its making me worried about finances. Honestly, most of my health scares are easily explained by being side effects of my chronic back pain or just getting sick due to the inconsistant weather and people at work coming in sick..yet still I blow them up in my head even after being told nothing is wrong with me by medical professionals because my brain won't shut up with its 'but what if' crap..

Some things I do to try and calm down that have a bit of success to at least make me feel better for a time.
- Take a nice warm shower or bath (seriously, it can calm you down).
- Spend time with friends.
- Play a video game, read a book, watch a movie, something feel good ideally, but even something sad can get your mind off of your troubles.
- Listen to music you enjoy.
- Take a nap if you can.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of water (dehydration can make your issues worse, believe it or not).

Iridium

Smash Hero

I don't know about you, but I would be very hyped if I saw a re-enactment of this in Smash.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I completely understand, hun..I'm having a rough time myself. I'm beginning to think I have an Anxiety Disorder..after certain events, every little pain or sickness I have, I blow up in my mind into being something so much worse then it truly is, my best friend hasn't been talking to me since getting his girlfriend (now fiancé after only 3 months of dating) and he even deleted me off of his PSN Friends, though not Switch yet, and I'm having too many bills from seeking medical advice for the first bit that its making me worried about finances. Honestly, most of my health scares are easily explained by being side effects of my chronic back pain or just getting sick due to the inconsistant weather and people at work coming in sick..yet still I blow them up in my head even after being told nothing is wrong with me by medical professionals because my brain won't shut up with its 'but what if' crap..

Some things I do to try and calm down that have a bit of success to at least make me feel better for a time.
- Take a nice warm shower or bath (seriously, it can calm you down).
- Spend time with friends.
- Play a video game, read a book, watch a movie, something feel good ideally, but even something sad can get your mind off of your troubles.
- Listen to music you enjoy.
- Take a nap if you can.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of water (dehydration can make your issues worse, believe it or not).
When I was in a bad place two years ago, I found Sunbathing in the Garden actually helped me calm down. Granted, it was Summer when I was in that place; and it was only a stop-gap, I needed to seek professional help to truly deal with the problem.

Vitamin D (which one can get from Sunlight, you can also get it from food but that can be difficult) is very important for the health of both your brain and body, and Depression can sometimes be a symptom of a Vitamin D Deficiency.

Back then, I found a chart which gave a rundown of how long you need to spend outside to get the optimum amount of Sunlight; naturally, the colour of your skin determines how long you should stay outside without protection from the sun, paler people should spend less time in the sun without sunscreen (sunscreen will actually block the intake of Vitamin D through your skin), generally it ranges from about 20-30 minutes though.

Additionally, your circadian rhythm (when you go to sleep) can also affect your mood and health (this is something I'm still working on).

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Actually xenother xenother confirmed that this was UNtrue
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77305819?page=18
also it actually came from 4chan not 5chan
Not necessarily...
This is the post he responded to
https://gearnuke.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-fighter-pass-dlc-leak/
Heard that Hitagi Believes That Steve (and Alex as Echo), Rayman, Heihachi & Erdrick are the 4-Remaining Fighters in the Pass, is it true and is it possible?
Xenother replied, saying
This is untrue
All he said was that Hitagi claiming Heihachi, Rayman, and Erdrick was untrue...

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I understand the feeling. It's difficult trying to focus on the good when the bad ones are still fresh in your mind. However, letting the brain torment you isn't helping you at all. You need to do things to get your mind off things.

What DevaAshera DevaAshera said is true and I do suggest you try to do those things that were mentioned in the post. A warm shower or bath does wonders to calm you down as it releases the tension in your body, exercising (or even just a walk around your general area) also helps a lot because not only does it get your body active, it also allows you to release frustration which the brain really wants you to do in this scenario. Listen to calming music, use it to go to sleep (I used Space Junk Galaxy's track to get me to go to sleep when I went through my first anxiety attack), write things down in a notebook (it allows the brain to have a break of having the thought you just wrote down which really helps).

You can do it. You can get out of the rut the brain has put you in, but (and this might sound rough) you can't just wallow in the pain you feel because it only makes it worse. If you need to go to a therapist or psychologist, do it for there is no shame in it. You have to make the effort to do so and the brain will recognize it and start to loosen up.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
This probably means absolutely nothing, but, and talking about "absolutely" things, the sprite used for the Absolutely Safe Capsule is the empty one, before Porky gets inside, here a comparison I found:

(the difference is the shining of the window)
Basically, if this is make on purpose and is not just a little mistake, Porky is not inside, so he is still unrepresented in Smash.

Also, for what I hear, there has been a leak of SNES games that will be in Switch, but Earthbound is not one of them, which is curious because it was one of the best selling games on the Wii U Virtual Console, and Earthbound Beginnings is also missing on the Switch.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There is someone who mentioned Joker before the game awards but their full DLC list is Sylux, Edelgard, Banjo and a SE character (possibly Chrono or Neku).

2 days after the Game Awards was the Ryu/Doom/Steve 5chan post. The user also brought up Persona 5R before its reveal. Though all this was largely unnoticed January. The same user in a seperate post said that Rayman and Heihachi were DLC in place of Hayabusa and Doomguy.

So that's 3 different leaks, some that match and others that contradict each other.

This is when the speculation period is at it's best as there's juuuuuust enough doubt to keep things exciting.

MainJPW

M.T.A
A legend.
Speaking of Segata Sanshiro (Hiroshi Fujioka), when Sonic Adventure was revealed in August 1998 at the Tokyo International Forum he got the crowd to chant Sonic’s name:

It ended up being used in the Japanese release of Sonic Adventure.

@ 11:42.

It would’ve been a cool easter egg if they used this for Sonic’s chant in Smash at least with the Japanese version and option... sneaking in a reference to Segata in the process.

KMDP

Smash Legend
About Leaks, being text based or picture based doesn't make them true or false.

The ESRB leak was picture-based, and ended up being True.
The Grinch leak was picture-based and ended up being False.
The Palutena leak was picture-based, and was False. The very similar Ken leak ended up being True.
Vergeben's leak was text-based, and so far has been 90% true (the only wrong part being "Minecraft content").
The Gematsu leak was text-based, but had out-of-date information.
The Tower of Smash leak was text-based and was False.
The Chadondorf leak was text-based, and backed up the Grinch leak, but was also False.

The only thing that truly makes a Leak true or false is the end result, nothing less, nothing more. Some Fake Leaks have red flags, but then we also sometimes get false positives when trying to find them (like the ESRB leak).

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm about to hurt y'all pretty deep real quick.

It might be heavily likely we don't get Joker till April. I say this because, including Piranha Plant, there ar 6 characters confirmed as DLC. Sakurai said it would take about a year to release them all. If Piranha Plant is coming in February then Joker will probably release in April, Erdrick in June, the next character in August, then October, then December. A perfect year of bimonthly releases.

I think that's how it'll be too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom