• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
dawg you literally had the update right there do you just have spoilerphobia

Nice English.

And also nice not having the update despite the guy before you already having it. What took you much longer? Mocking me? :p
Still didn't change the fact that Amazee Dayzees aren't the spirits being talked about when I made the comparison with Tap-Tap.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Still didn't change the fact that Amazee Dayzees aren't the spirits being talked about when I made the comparison with Tap-Tap.
And it doesn't change the fact that my point being that they're both equally annoying.

I never was talking about Amazee Dayzees ya big gnome, I didn't mention them by name, you just assumed :p

D

Deleted member

Yo Will Will did you really just use grammar as a sarcastic remark to Zinith?

NGL that's pretty low tier bait. Like, that's the number #1 internet argument trope.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I've been trying to do this, and I'm glad to see that my expectation was right - Dan Hibiki is the weakest spirit in the game.

I find it a little weird that Master Hand and Crazy Hand don't have the same stats, like how Galeem and his counterpart do.
I'm kinda surprised Master Hand is stronger. I always assumed Crazy Hand would be because he's well, you know, crazy...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
And it doesn't change the fact that my point being that they're both equally annoying.

I never was talking about Amazee Dayzees ya big gnome, I didn't mention them by name, you just assumed :p
Then that's kinda different. Crazee Dayzees are still kinda weak in Paper Mario but they are annoying due to that sing ability and that fact that you have to backtrack through Chapter 4 running into them. Doesn't equate to power though.

And in the Yoshi games (which the Spirit is based on) they're even weaker

D

Deleted member

I'm kinda surprised Master Hand is stronger. I always assumed Crazy Hand would be because he's well, you know, crazy...
Having less inhibitions about using your power =/= more powerful.

Master Hand has far more control of his power as well as how much he holds back.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yo Will Will did you really just use grammar as a sarcastic remark to Zinith?

NGL that's pretty low tier bait. Like, that's the number #1 internet argument trope.
Oh no, whatever will I do? :crying: I'm shaking, I'm crying rn because you just exposed me like salt on a slug.

Then that's kinda different. Crazee Dayzees are still kinda weak in Paper Mario but they are annoying due to that sing ability and that fact that you have to backtrack through Chapter 4 running into them. Doesn't equate to power though.

And in the Yoshi games (which the Spirit is based on) they're even weaker
Power doesn't come in strength alone.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think you're blowing the whole "power" thing out of proportion.
It's probably tied to popularity as well.

I mean Lyn's one of the ****tiest units in her game, and she gets to be top 20 in power with a RIDICULOUS 50% crit-rate.
That aint canon, bruv.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I’m pretty sure the spirit’s power are a blend of actual power + real world “renown” / fame as a video game character.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Having less inhibitions about using your power =/= more powerful.

Master Hand has far more control of his power as well as how much he holds back.
True, I always just felt Crazy Hand was more intimidating due to his unpredictable nature and therefore posed more of a threat.

But I guess canonically Master Hand should be stronger because he's clearly the one in charge.

D

Deleted member

Oh no, whatever will I do? :crying: I'm shaking, I'm crying rn because you just exposed me like salt on a slug.
Aw snap now I've done it. The comment was too spicy!

Knew I should have put in less jalapeno pepper...

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I would like to take a moment to direct you to the fact that Medusa is stronger than Hades, according to the spirit power levels.
Medusa's obviously been hitting the gym.
Oh, and Empress Bulblax is stronger than both Andross and Mother Brain in their respective final forms.
Which is really strange because both Andross and Mother Brain are way bigger than Empress Bulblax.

I guess the Pint-Sized Powerhouse trope is in effect.

D

Deleted member

True, I always just felt Crazy Hand was more intimidating due to his unpredictable nature and therefore posed more of a threat.

But I guess canonically Master Hand should be stronger because he's clearly the one in charge.
The unpredictable ones tend to be the most dangerous, yes.
Not necessarily the most powerful, but definitely the most dangerous regardless.

?????????????

Smash Master
Segata Sanshiro would come back to face you for that.
I’ve been wondering... does Segata work as a Smash candidate regardless?

He originated in a commercial (I think), but it was video game related, and then he made game appearances like Project X Zone.

That’s not TOO far off from ROB....is it?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Guys, I know this is only tangentially related but...

Bayonetta is officially canon in the SMT-universe.

I am beyond confused.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

He originated in a commercial (I think), but it was video game related, and then he made game appearances like Project X Zone.

Nah, Segata counts.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

At the very least I have him in mind for that Sonic fighting game idea I had, I think he’d be fun to play.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Segata would likely get the shaft as a Mii Costume if I'm being real because, y'know, he's a real real human I guess. Miis kinda do that bit already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom