• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Let me guess, people prefer female Corrin because:
1. The context of the story (With the family part) fits more with the female counterpart than the male
and 2. Their personality makes male Corrin look weak (Even if I disagree a bit) compared to female Corrin (Which makes her look naïve rather than weak)
Some people prefer them for these reasons, yeah, which is pretty dumb and even kind of sexist when they're the exact same freaking character.

I think most people just like female Corrin better because they think she's cute. Male Corrin's also just a got a really nasty case of messy anime hair.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Some people prefer them for these reasons, yeah, which is pretty dumb and even kind of sexist when they're the exact same freaking character.

I think most people just like female Corrin better because they think she's cute. Male Corrin's also just a got a really nasty case of messy anime hair.
Dumb, sure. But not sure what makes it sexist.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Let me guess, people prefer female Corrin because:
1. The context of the story (With the family part) fits more with the female counterpart than the male
and 2. Their personality makes male Corrin look weak (Even if I disagree a bit) compared to female Corrin (Which makes her look naïve rather than weak)
Wait... there's a male Corrin?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dumb, sure. But not sure what makes it sexist.
It's a double standard based off of gender/sex. Why is it okay for a girl to be naive but not a guy?

I don't think preferring one gender is sexist, for the record. Just hating male Corrin for being a "wuss" while forgiving female Corrin for having the exact same personality.

D

Deleted member

I actually thought about doing that with Source Filmmaker but I ain’t got the skills.
If I had enough people and video editing knowledge, I would totally make a music video featuring synchronized K. Rools and Ridleys dancing to Ring Dong Dang.

LetterO

Smash Lord

I just found out this is a thing, which is really stupid. It just cost me a game because my Snake wasn't doing his up tilt even though i kept mashing up.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
How viable is the normal Switch pad controller in Ultimate?
(Better yet how viable was the Wii U gamepad in Smash 4)?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
(Better yet how viable was the Wii U gamepad in Smash 4)?
The gamepad was my ideal way of playing in Smash 4, and tbh with ya, it worked out very well for me...
Then again, I'm also one of the few people who can use the horizontal Wii remote

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The gamepad was my ideal way of playing in Smash 4, and tbh with ya, it worked out very well for me...
Then again, I'm also one of the few people who can use the sideways Wii remote
I used sideways Wiimote for years! Only stopped eventually because the D-pad was hard on the thumbs.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I hate how Donkey Kong got a new set of Konga Beat bongos (upgraded textures) but didn’t get to use them. Judging by this and Giga Bowser still having a bugged version of Bowser’s old FS (or it’s just a leftover) I guess some of these FS changes were late in development.

Could’ve at least put them in a new Victory Animation. Let this man play his music.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hate how Donkey Kong got a new set of Konga Beat bongos (upgraded textures) but didn’t get to use them. Judging by this and Giga Bowser still having a bugged version of Bowser’s old FS (or it’s just a leftover) I guess some of these FS changes were late in development.

Could’ve at least put them in a new Victory Animation. Let this man play his music.
What can DK do that's quick an effective in 5 seconds?

Play the bongos to a 30 second beat?
or
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA (it even has the sfx for it look it up)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

DK's ground slam while in the air should be replaced with him banging the bongos instead.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, Great Aether kind of lost it's value as a legendary final smash simply because of the changes towards all the other final smashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom