• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Unfortunately 95% of Nintendo's audience is too young to remember him.
Unfortunately he passed away about a year before I was born but I grew up watching reruns of his show. I love his calm voice.

But this topic would be better for Nintenzone.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So uh, I got a friend request from someone called "J." Is that anyone from here? I want to know if it's from someone I know before I choose to accept it or not.
All these wrong answers are making me furious tonight.

...Hold on, this was supposed to be another gag but does your love for Noivern have anything to do with Toothless?

D

Deleted member

Who on the balancing team thought PK Freeze was a good idea?
The same people who thought the Belmonts' entire kit was a good idea.

Not sure if this has been shared or not, but it's beautiful:

Noipoi

Howdy!
...Hold on, this was supposed to be another gag but does your love for Noivern have anything to do with Toothless?
Yup! I guess he left an impression on me.

In my opinion, Toothless has a perfect design. He's one of my top 3 favorite fictional characters.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The same people who thought the Belmonts' entire kit was a good idea.

Not sure if this has been shared or not, but it's beautiful:

Just saw that, pretty well done and faithful to the original opening.

Actually that reminds me of some YouTube videos I saw years ago of someone recreating openings to various nostalgic shows using Brawl footage. Does anyone else know what I’m talking about? Stuff like using :ultkirby: & :ultmetaknight: for Pinky & the Brain?

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
No one sets quickplay with a 1v1, hazard stages setting on except for desperate ones who can't stand their GSP.

D

Deleted member

Me, an avid Belmont user:
Nah NGL Belmonts are fun. They didn't click with me at first, but I wanna give them another shot.

Speaking of mains, I'm leaning towards having DS be my go-to third character instead of Isabelle. The Samuses feel super good in this game and I would love to seriously learn the character alongside Inkling.

RadicalSonicFan

Smash Rookie
This Direct was GREAT. I'm glad with some of the new content.
Shadow is not an echo fighter. THANK YOU SAKURAI. Thank you thank you thank you. That would have been a waste of a potentially unique newcomer that I could actually get behind. Here's another cool thing. Lip got a Mii Costume, when I figured she was basically forgotten by Sakurai completely at this point. And since Geno supporters say that's usually a good sign towards a character's potential inclusion... hmmmmmm... nah, that could never happen.
MARIO PAINT FLYSWATTER ASSIST TROPHY!!! That game was my childhood. I'm happy that was included.
I'm impressed that Incineroar managed to make it in despite eeevvvveeerrryything that happened last week. Guess I should have stuck with Vergeben even after the Grinch leak.
PIRAHNA PLANT IS A GOD TIER CHARACTER CHOICE I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS. One of the most versatile Mario enemies thanks to all the different species and forms making for, based on what I've seen, a very unique and creative Smash fighter, one of the most iconic video-game enemies, which every casual will likely recognize, and NOBODY EXPECTED IT. I've spent years wondering, "gee, what if a Mario enemy were just included as a fighter? Nah that would be really stupid, they wouldn't be anything more than Smash Run enemies and Assist Trophies." This is something I loved and screamed about when it happened.
If I was gonna get BTFO by any newcomers, I'm glad it was Incineroar and PP.
The one and only thing I'm VEERRRY disappointed with is Spirits just being stickers from SSE. World of Light's cutscenes and overworld exploration look to be promising, but I doubt I'll have nearly as much fun with it as I had hoped.
Click to let your eyes melt in surprise!

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Let me guess, people prefer female Corrin because:
1. The context of the story (With the family part) fits more with the female counterpart than the male
and 2. Their personality makes male Corrin look weak (Even if I disagree a bit) compared to female Corrin (Which makes her look naïve rather than weak)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No one sets quickplay with a 1v1, hazard stages setting on except for desperate ones who can't stand their GSP.
Jokes on you I do it for the trolling in Arena battles
Nay sir, I'll spam them projectiles like there's no tomorrow. And to those who talk smack on the Belmont bois, I say:
Evil Monster

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Y'know what would be a cool concept? A fighter with very slow movement but lightning-fast attacks, as well as a projectile akin to Fox's lasers.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Truth be told, I try not to spam with the Belmonts 'cause it really can be annoying. On here however, I just like stirring the pot and playing along with their stereotypes.
well atleast you don’t try to be a sinful man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom