• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

INB4 someone brings up a topic that gets the thread locked again.
"Here are my Top 10 reasons Lucina secretly has the best ass in Smash Bros!"

Please don't burn me alive. I am merely a memer.
Nah, it is super slow. Let's open a topic completely unrelated to Smash, that would speed up the discussion.

please don't
I mean, we could talk about the possibilty of a Persona vs Shin Megami Tensei game. How's that?

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Here are my Top 10 reasons Lucina secretly has the best *** in Smash Bros!"

Please don't burn me alive. I am merely a memer.
We all know it's Wario.

I mean, we could talk about the possibilty of a Persona vs Shin Megami Tensei game. How's that?
Let's keep it Smash related. Which Personae/demons would you like to see as Spirits? Any Spirit battle ideas?

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Let's talk about why Yume Nikki representation would be great in Smash and that the most standout rebuttal is invalidated by Snake and Bayonetta existing. No? OK.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I was actually thinking about making a tier list on what fighters have the best alt costume spreads. It'd be a point system.

1 point: Costumes that change only colors, and the color change isn't very different.
2 points: Costumes that noticeably change colors.
3 points: Costumes that add small extras, i.e. Meta Knight's 7 and 8, Yoshi's 8.
4 points: Costumes that change the model to a noticeable extent while it remains the same character, i.e. Villager, Bayonetta, Robin, ect..
5 points: Costumes that entirely change the character, complete with a different name and announcer clip.

Extra rules:
- 3, 4, and 5 point costumes only get that many points for an individual change. Any after that which use the same difference from the default costume, but different colors, are subject to either 1 or 2 points. i.e. 3 of Alph's costumes, 3 of Bayonetta's, ect.
- Miis are unranked due to handling this very differently than other fighters.
- Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and the trainer themselves are ranked individually.
Bowser Jr is finally SSS tier.
Edit: And his logo finally loads now. Things are looking up.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh hey we have alternate emotes now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tfw even the Smashboards admins forget about Alph.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So, what are the chances of a Hello Kitty Mii Costume? She did appear as a cameo in some of the nintendo games like Mario Maker and Animal Crossing.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Its dark themes that would generally seem to go against Nintendo's image, as would Bayonetta and Snake.
okay but it's an indie game. not a super well known one at that. Sure people know about it, but it isn't at shovel night's level, and shovel night landed as an assist trophy. Doubt they'd even consider a lesser known indie game getting a character slot

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
okay but it's an indie game. not a super well known one at that. Sure people know about it, but it isn't at shovel night's level, and shovel night landed as an assist trophy. Doubt they'd even consider a lesser known indie game getting a character slot
Never said it was likely (because it isn't), just that it'd be great. It's also one of the pioneers of Japanese indie games, and is quite well-known over there, but not in the west. I don't think that makes it likely, just saying.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm waiting to see what the Mii costumes are going to be. I didn't play them at all (or buy any of the costumes last round), but I made a Skull Kid Mii who looks great now...may end up having a bit more fun with them.

I'd expect that we're gonna get some news soon. The redemption window for PP ends on the 31st and his amiibo releases on the 15th of February, so we'll be getting the plant sometime within the next month. Last round, we also got to see the first Mii wave release on the same day Mewtwo went up for purchase, so I'd expect we'd see something similar here.

There are a lot of unanswered questions...
  • How much will PP (just a character, without a stage) cost to those who didn't register in time?
  • What Mii costumes will we get? Will they prioritize the third party ones we got before?
  • Is there a chance of DLC echoes or characters outside the pass? Or a second pass?
If I can't get my Dragonborn playable, I guess I'll accept the Mii. The loss of a DovahKirby hat would sting, but I'd love to see it represented at all. Still, more humanoid characters look awkward with Mii proportions. The Skull Kid Mii looks amazingly well proportioned though. I do hope that if we get the Tails Mii costume back that it's a mask not a hood (or just make him an echo, that'd be cooler).

I wonder when we'll get some news...

Oh, and I need to leave with an important announcement:
:ultsquirtle:
That is all, thank you.

D

Deleted member

:ultcloud::ultike::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultmario::ultmiifighters::ultolimar::ultridley::ultwario:

Looks like The administrators forgot some

Last edited by a moderator:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Since it's slow today, does anyone want to do the classic "Will there be a Direct this week?" discussion? Or has that already been done?

Personally, I'm going for no, unless we get a dedicated game Direct. Feels too late in the month now for a general Direct.

D

Deleted member

Oooh, a Ngyes :ultinklingboy: to finally go along with our Woomy :ultinkling:? Excellent.

Now when is Nintendo gonna give the poor lad a Smash amiibo?

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm waiting to see what the Mii costumes are going to be. I didn't play them at all (or buy any of the costumes last round), but I made a Skull Kid Mii who looks great now...may end up having a bit more fun with them.

I'd expect that we're gonna get some news soon. The redemption window for PP ends on the 31st and his amiibo releases on the 15th of February, so we'll be getting the plant sometime within the next month. Last round, we also got to see the first Mii wave release on the same day Mewtwo went up for purchase, so I'd expect we'd see something similar here.

There are a lot of unanswered questions...
  • How much will PP (just a character, without a stage) cost to those who didn't register in time?
  • What Mii costumes will we get? Will they prioritize the third party ones we got before?
  • Is there a chance of DLC echoes or characters outside the pass? Or a second pass?
If I can't get my Dragonborn playable, I guess I'll accept the Mii. The loss of a DovahKirby hat would sting, but I'd love to see it represented at all. Still, more humanoid characters look awkward with Mii proportions. The Skull Kid Mii looks amazingly well proportioned though. I do hope that if we get the Tails Mii costume back that it's a mask not a hood (or just make him an echo, that'd be cooler).

I wonder when we'll get some news...

Oh, and I need to leave with an important announcement:
:ultsquirtle:
That is all, thank you.
I don't care what the other mii costumes are, I just need Megaman X back.

I didn't appriciate him when he was here, I miss him now that he's gone.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I really wish you could change colors on the character-based costumes for the Mii's instead of just some original costumes that only have changeable colors.

D

Deleted member

With the recent SNES Datamine, Id be surprised if we didn't get a direct soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom