• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I've actually been thinking of a moveset for my most wanted for the past few days and came up with a good up-special concept.
The fighter turns their head into a large hand with an eye in its palm, and they clench their new fist, before teleporting in the held direction, up by default. It has better distance than any other teleport move, however the fighter is left wide open while clenching their fist, some bad startup lag. After the move, their head returns to normal with no lag because of that.
I mean that sounds like a decent recovery but...

Who the hell is your most wanted?!

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Puzzle genre?

If I'm not allowed Toad as a legit playable fighter, can I at least get a Wario's Woods stage please. Or Captain Toad Treasure Tracker stage.

Good underrated Nintendo puzzle games.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Puzzle genre?

If I'm not allowed Toad as a legit playable fighter, can I at least get a Wario's Woods stage please. Or Captain Toad Treasure Tracker stage.

Good underrated Nintendo puzzle games.
Oooh the potential for a Treasure Tracker stage...I can already imagine some elements that dramatically change the stage layout.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
so yo, i've been playing Mii Brawler and Mii Swordfighter recently with the Nia/Lip costume. And dude. I love playing as them. Somehow today, I've begun to accept Mii costumes for what they are. Maybe it's the voice changer that plays a part of that acceptance. Somehow, now it feels like a dream come true that I can match-up Lip against tons of Nintendo characters, even if its far from the original source material.

(Now if only there was a Prince Sable costume)

Iridium

Smash Hero
so yo, i've been playing Mii Brawler and Mii Swordfighter recently with the Nia/Lip costume. And dude. I love playing as them. Somehow today, I've begun to accept Mii costumes for what they are. Maybe it's the voice changer that plays a part of that acceptance. Somehow, now it feels like a dream come true that I can match-up Lip against tons of Nintendo characters, even if its far from the original source material.

I think I want a :ultsnake: inspired Mii Costume now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder how many more tier lists we’ll gain until there’s one that’s actually legit...aka a Star KO tier list

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I wonder how many more tier lists we’ll gain until there’s one that’s actually legit...aka a Star KO tier list
Roy’s English star KO is easily top tier. Ray Chase really made it sound like Roy was getting stabbed while flying off into the distance.

D

Deleted member

NGL, Miis are a super underrated part of Smash and Nintendo in general.

The Miis in this game are a blast to play, and their games are actually pretty good. Miitopia is one of the best games on the 3DS. I'd be down to see some more Mii costume DLC.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was thinking about how SSBU includes a lot of final bosses. These are the characters that I know of:
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr:(sometimes with Bowser fights):ultdk::ultganondorf::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlink:(Dark costume from Zelda II):ultmewtwo:(sort of):ultmetaknight:(In one part of Kirby Superstar):ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultsonic:(Sonic Adventure 2 Dark Story):ultwario:. Did I miss any?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They aren't afraid of a T Rating, you just don't understand the process back in the day.

E10+ wasn't even a thing until 2005, and before then everything that was rated T back then was now all of a sudden also viable for E10+. It's why the K-A rating was modified into just the straight-up E rating.
I know that. Also Brawl was T.

TBH I don't think a rating determines if a game is good or not. All a rating is is a warning label for parents.

An T/M game isn't inherently better than an E game, and vice versa. Nintendo just makes the games and they then get rated what they are. I don't think they are "afraid" of anything.
True, I'm just saying that a lot of pointless censorship would be avoided if Nintendo would just suck it up and accept 1/26th of the alphabet(T). Ratings issues are probably why the character trailers arent viewable in-game.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I was thinking about how SSBU includes a lot of final bosses. These are the characters that I know of:
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr:(sometimes with Bowser fights):ultdk::ultganondorf::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlink:(Dark costume from Zelda II):ultmewtwo:(sort of):ultmetaknight:(In one part of Kirby Superstar):ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultsonic:(Sonic Adventure 2 Dark Story):ultwario:. Did I miss any?
Well, there’s :ultmario: in Donkey Kong Jr. (you don’t really fight him directly, but still,) :ultluigi: is part of the final boss in SPM, some other Pokémon like :ultpikachu: would count if :ultpokemontrainer:counts as aforementioned, :ultinkling: is the secret final boss in Octo Expansion, probably some others maybe I might be forgetting...

(By the way, :ultmewtwo: is the actual final boss of Pokémon Puzzle League so it does count. Well, you don’t directly fight it since it acts as a trainer, but yeah.)
Edit: moved my post into a spoiler, just in case.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

True, I'm just saying that a lot of pointless censorship would be avoided if Nintendo would just suck it up and accept 1/26th of the alphabet(T). Ratings issues are probably why the character trailers arent viewable in-game.
It's not really censorship if it's the creator's decision to omit something.

If Nintendo changes something about their own games, that isn't censorship. It's a decision they made for what they feel is appropriate for each region. TBH, though, let's not discuss this too much. Not really the place for it and it's a conversation that never ends well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
The Switch is region free now, so if it matters so much just import. If you care enough to go to flame war for it, surely spending the extra few bucks doesn't bother you. :p

Mata007

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to switch taunt buttons with stick?I find very hard to move caracters on stick!

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
:ultmario: at the end of Donkey Kong Jr. You could also count :ultincineroar:, if you choose Rowlet as your starter in Sun/Moon.

There's also :ultrobin:in Fire Emblem Awakening, although that's technically Grima

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
>No Mega Man X even though it's on the SNES Classic
>No Mega Man games in general even though the SNES had some of the best in the series

Man...
Yeah, what possible reason could Capcom to have to say no to putting their games on a service that isn't their own?

Oh wait.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
>No Mega Man X even though it's on the SNES Classic
>No Mega Man games in general even though the SNES had some of the best in the series

Man...
At least Breath of fire is getting a bone thrown at least. Poor thing never gets to have hardly any representation in Capcom's crossovers.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It's interesting that Mario All-Stars is getting tossed a bone. Usually, Nintendo prefers to just rerelease the NES originals. I guess it's no longer a question of "selling 4 $5 games or 1 $8 game", seeing how you would be getting all 5 with the subscription.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's interesting that Mario All-Stars is getting tossed a bone. Usually, Nintendo prefers to just rerelease the NES originals. I guess it's no longer a question of "selling 4 $5 games or 1 $8 game", seeing how you would be getting all 5 with the subscription.
I don't care what anyone says, the Super Mario All-Stars versions are the better versions of all of the original Mario Bros. games.
Unless, like, your a Speed Runner or something.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't know much about anatomy, but I feel like DDD should've been in the same tier with Mewtwo.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
An update to my previous idea. The fighter's side special has them mount a newly existent grey bicycle. It's similar to Wario's bike, but it doesn't do as much damage and doesn't stick around after being dismounted. Their down special has them pinch their cheek. It has a very small hitbox, but if it hits, it does only a small bit of damage, but massive knockback, smashing them against the floor and causing them to bounce up with great speed. It has bad endlag, however. Haven't thought of a neutral special yet.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Roy’s English star KO is easily top tier. Ray Chase really made it sound like Roy was getting stabbed while flying off into the distance.
That’s why Roy gets to be in 2nd place on the tier list
:ultrob::ultfalcon::ultbayonetta: should be top tiers.

:ultpit: is SS tier.
Pit > all others (probably gonna be the only character to say a full sentence when flying away)...also he gets to have his own special tier list spot name...The Hot Spring Tier
Not a Star KO tier list but I made a nose tier list about a week or two ago:

View attachment 186671
nerf Olimar’s nose cause it’s too god like

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I was actually thinking about making a tier list on what fighters have the best alt costume spreads. It'd be a point system.

1 point: Costumes that change only colors, and the color change isn't very different.
2 points: Costumes that noticeably change colors.
3 points: Costumes that add small extras, i.e. Meta Knight's 7 and 8, Yoshi's 8.
4 points: Costumes that change the model to a noticeable extent while it remains the same character, i.e. Villager, Bayonetta, Robin, ect..
5 points: Costumes that entirely change the character, complete with a different name and announcer clip.

Extra rules:
- 3, 4, and 5 point costumes only get that many points for an individual change. Any after that which use the same difference from the default costume, but different colors, are subject to either 1 or 2 points. i.e. 3 of Alph's costumes, 3 of Bayonetta's, ect.
- Miis are unranked due to handling this very differently than other fighters.
- Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and the trainer themselves are ranked individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom