• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
It’s related to Smash, therefore it ain’t off topic...talk about the All Might Kass and his theme some more
That slow start with the strings, and then when that accordion comes in and the rhythm gets faster, oooh music to my ears.

Sounds like an epic adventure like BotW.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Any leak without Amaterasu is fake. ;)
I saw talk about Amaterasu. Therefore, I have been summoned. A bit too late I admit. Also the quote above is true.

Well it's quite clear who this mysterious "Brave" character is from the leaks.

Brave Lady Lyn

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I saw talk about Amaterasu. Therefore, I have been summoned. A bit too late I admit. Also the quote above is true.

Well it's quite clear who this mysterious "Brave" character is from the leaks.

Brave Lady Lyn
Maybe in our dreams the second best lord will get in the game, maybe in our dreams.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That slow start with the strings, and then when that accordion comes in and the rhythm gets faster, oooh music to my ears.

Sounds like an epic adventure like BotW.
Makes me wish the entire BOTW soundtrack had a remix

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
or they could use

the victory theme? the victory theme that like final fantasy has generally been in every game?
DQ doesn't really have a victory theme. It's more like a victory note.

Maybe you're thinking of the level up theme.
I hope they use this design.

View attachment 185620

This is cute, classic Toriyama.

This is...

View attachment 185621

I dunno what this is...but I don't like it...
Unless Sakurai insists on going super-oldschool(which, admittedly, is a thing he does sometimes), you should get used to the latter look, because that's how he's looked for awhile now in various game appearances. Including in DQ11.

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
If a DQ rep was in the game and just called 'Hero' it'd be pretty funny.
I'd actually prefer that, as I've only played dragon quest 9 and don't actually know who Erdrick is. If each colour pallet for 'Hero' was a costume from a different dq game that would be super cool. It can be done, all the inklings had unique colour swaps so I hope it happens.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm just glad that the Switch Presentation Trailer Music got into an actual game. Some good stuff. The only thing that would make it better is a name.
If only the song had an actual name...that’s also short and sweet to the point (the official name is so long and weird for a song)

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm gonna enjoy watching the salt pile up when these characters get revealed and drink everyone's tears as I play as :ultpiranha: and the rest of the DLC who will more than likely be really fun to use.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Oh man , i can imagine all those character will look amazing in Smash.

Sakurai will do the miracles

Graizen

Smash Champion
Yo guys , question:

What will be the Main appearance/variation of the new characters?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Yo guys , question:

What will be the Main appearance/variation of the new characters?
if its up to sakurai, the classic iteration of them

if its up to the company, Erdrick will likely be the design from DQ11 and Doomguy could be either the original or 2016 one as the main one

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Spirits don’t deconfirm as long as they have a different artwork for their fighter spirit

And there might be more dlc if there is

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I can’t wait for when/if Steve, Doom Guy, and Ryu do not happen and everyone will be like “YEP knew it wasn’t real!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom