• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
So one of the leaks said Luminary is an alt like Alph eh?

Now, I was under the impression that “Brave” is considered a “small fighter”. I’m not sure how Luminary would fit that considering he appears to be like, Link’s height.
hes pretty small in the 3ds version

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So one of the leaks said Luminary is an alt like Alph eh?

Now, I was under the impression that “Brave” is considered a “small fighter”. I’m not sure how Luminary would fit that considering he appears to be like, Link’s height.
He was medium, like Jack/Joker.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
If Persona 5 is announced for Switch when the next OVA comes (which is in March), it really won't matter because the rumor will be full on dead then.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Joker's really the key here - as much as we all admit Erdrick (or someone from DQ) is inbound, Joker wasn't highly rumored. For the leak to not only get that, but get him first (when everyone was banking on the Squeenix rep first because Vergy) is intriguing. And now they've got the right second character.
Wait, did this rumor predate the Joker reveal? Huh, that actually gives me a reason to consider it.

I'm still suspicious though, as I am with all leaks. And let's not forget about Pokemon #576.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I thought the leak was being taken seriously because it accurately predicted P5R rather than because of Erdrick's presence?
Especially after Joker's reveal, predicting P5R was nothing too special. There isn't anything that's actually too noteworthy about the 5 character leak, it just incorporates a lot of other rumoured info, which is why when other stuff gets confirmed, it gets renewed attention. Such as now with "Brave", even though a DQ character has been seriously discussed for a couple months at this point.

For me, the 5ch leak has a few points that are...odd, and I can't deny there's something about them:
  • It's Japanese. Most fake leaks are English, or someone trying to deliberately write it in Engrish and pretend they're Japanese to gain credibility. But this is straight up Japanese, and they're not as known for fake leaks.
  • Joker's really the key here - as much as we all admit Erdrick (or someone from DQ) is inbound, Joker wasn't highly rumored. For the leak to not only get that, but get him first (when everyone was banking on the Squeenix rep first because Vergy) is intriguing. And now they've got the right second character.
  • It's got brief explanations, but not in depth thought processes of inside Sakurai's mind like some of the fakes we've seen. And these briefs go perfectly in line with the fact that Nintendo corporate picked them - all are being added to promote something, DQ is there to try to give it a foothold in the west, the two Western characters being revealed at a major Western event, etc.
  • The times do actually line up with characters being announced, and then released a while later. I'm not expecting "The DLC will be finished by Feb 2020" to mean "The last DLC character will release Feb 29, 2020, at 11:59 pm," but if the last two are revealed at E3 (and remember, revealed doesn't necessarily mean anything more than "here's a name"), it could easily take until September for #4 and December/January for #5.
All in all, I'm pretty well Team Real for this. Hopefully Doomguy will then come with a Dovahkiin Mii costume or pave the way for a playable Dovahkiin in DLC pack 2?
Wait, did this rumor predate the Joker reveal? Huh, that actually gives me a reason to consider it.

I'm still suspicious though, as I am with all leaks. And let's not forget about Pokemon #576.
This leak came out after Joker was revealed.

Double K

Smash Lord
No I feel the urge to ask, "The hell is a Poke-tuber?" But I think I can figure that one out.

Y'all are making me feel old just days before my thirtieth birthday.
Poke-tuber = Pokemon Youtuber

Verlisify is a known person in the Pokemon Youtube community for his clickbaity videos and "news" updates that are him reading through serebii pages and being extremely anti-hacking the game, as well as being laughably bad at competitive Pokemon and blaming it on hackers. He's done callout videos for VGC champions because they had shiny Pokemon on their team.

He's also notoriously racist and tells people to kill themselves on twitter but backs away and says "I told them to drink base fluids-- meaning egg whites"

Notably he also was super in agreement with Trump's muslim travel ban and has supported the wall, but lets avoid politics here

The incident in quetsion is when he started bragging about how good he was at Smash Ultimate (he is not) and said he could beat Shofu in a Smash match. Shofu is another PokeTuber who also does competitive Smash. Verlis challenged him to a $1000 moneymatch and shofu ageed because hey, free money.

Verlis backed down and blamed it on how he didn't want to leave the house because he was worried that a shofu fan or something would do a Jacksonville shooting to kill him since shofu's fans hate him-- most people hate him, in fact

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Furry, but also real scum.(And maybe even a nazi)
Nazis are like smallpox. You'd think we got rid of them like 70 years ago but apparently now they're back because of some stupid people.

Also I really never thought the Pokemon and Nazi communities would, like, coexist. They know it's a money machine for a Japanese company, right?

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway.....While I think the Erdrick/Luminary thing is definitely happening...

*Introduces the concept of Echo fighters*

*Makes Alph 2.0*

Nani the ****

Double K

Smash Lord
so the opposite of sonicfox
Yeah, basically. sonicfox is also generally a nice person to most people who aren't **** to begin with whereas Verlis will actively steal **** from his fans and is actively cancerous to the community

Also Sonicfox is good at the games he plays. Verlis has never even placed in any tournament he's participated

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

*Makes Alph 2.0*

Nani the ****
"If you want me to animate, I want to be ani-payed."
-smash team, probably
"No"
-nintendo, probably

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
sonicfox but for pokemon
Poke-tuber = Pokemon Youtuber

Verlisify is a known person in the Pokemon Youtube community for his clickbaity videos and "news" updates that are him reading through serebii pages and being extremely anti-hacking the game, as well as being laughably bad at competitive Pokemon and blaming it on hackers. He's done callout videos for VGC champions because they had shiny Pokemon on their team.

He's also notoriously racist and tells people to kill themselves on twitter but backs away and says "I told them to drink base fluids-- meaning egg whites"

Notably he also was super in agreement with Trump's muslim travel ban and has supported the wall, but lets avoid politics here

The incident in quetsion is when he started bragging about how good he was at Smash Ultimate (he is not) and said he could beat Shofu in a Smash match. Shofu is another PokeTuber who also does competitive Smash. Verlis challenged him to a $1000 moneymatch and shofu ageed because hey, free money.

Verlis backed down and blamed it on how he didn't want to leave the house because he was worried that a shofu fan or something would do a Jacksonville shooting to kill him since shofu's fans hate him-- most people hate him, in fact
That sounds absolutely nothing like SonicFox.

Double K

Smash Lord
That sounds absolutely nothing like SonicFox.
Aside from being a furry, the only thing they have in common is the need to remind people that they're the #1 in their fields

the problem with Verlis is he actually can't back up that claim. Someone looked into PokeTuber subscribe count and found about 20 channels with a higher number than him

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Verlisify is a big meany pants and I don't enjoy his content.
Whoa, whoa. Somebody hold Noipoi back. He's had one too many applejuices.

Calm down, killer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I was playing a match as the Ice Climbers vs a Bayonetta player, and when I went to forward smash them, I got hit with Witch Time.

Nana didn't care and just hit Bayo anyway to get the win. Thanks Nana. :p

Double K

Smash Lord
So I was playing a match as the Ice Climbers vs a Bayonetta player, and when I went to forward smash them, I got hit with Witch Time.

Nana didn't care and just hit Bayo anyway to get the win. Thanks Nana. :p
Wait, Popo and Nana count individually for Witch Time? Holy ****

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
dude the only thing i know any of them for is having a suit for fur to be a furry, i dont pay attention to the other details

you at least got the gist of it, didnt you :072:

Sue me.
How much money y'got? I might.

Roberk

Smash Champion

*Makes Alph 2.0*

Nani the ****
It's probably to avoid the stigma of "selling" a clone/Echo fighter. Also 99% sure that Echos are officially confirmed to not be DLC, so avoiding going back on their word as well.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Another thing about P5R that makes me doubt the current rumor even more. P5R was actually leaked as far back as July 31st/August 1st 2017. So it actually has been known for a good time.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom