• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, time to go online with my 2 minutes time match with items on in Palutena's Temple.
Only if you’re playing as :ultpit: and attempt to do a Palutena’s Guidance to kill off most of the 2 minutes
Meanwhile Peach Players can summon Saturns as they laugh while consuming your soul
all while having a dark void under their dresses...unlike the wholesome Palutena and Zelda
They did it with this one too.
Hot
Probably harder, am afraid... This is why Intelligent Systems should make remakes of the games. It would sell like hot cakes.
All future FE games will sell like hot cakes at this point...bring in the new and remade games
Imagine being a :ultkrool: denier in 2019. lol.

Man I love how all the fan rules are just poop now. :ultpiranha::ultridley:

The only ones that will ever stand is being on or coming to a Nintendo Console and being a video game character.
Sakurai is trying to kill off all the moves he and the fans have made so that it’s easier to get people hyped or shocked...or both

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also remember when range was an 'issue'? (Even though :ultmewtwo: was always ridiculous)

:ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultpiranha::ultcorrin:

KEK
So what's so bad about ARMS characters again?

All they do is punch I guess :ultlittlemac: Can't make that into a move set NOPE, no sir.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Jokes aside, I'm not sure if Mr. Saturn would really work well in Smash. Sure, you can make a moveset for pretty much every character, but I feel like in the end, all of his animations would look like each other, since his design don't have much to work with. It doesn't sound like a fun fighter, unlike say, R.O.B. or Piranha Plant.
I swear there was an old Q&A with Sakurai from in between 64 and Melee where Japanese fans sent in questions, I can't find it anymore, but I remember that someone asked if Mr. Saturn could be playable, and Sakurai answered that he didn't think it'd work given its lack of hands. Only thing I found that can sort of back up this memory is this old poll from around the same time where Mr. Saturn topped the Mother requests, so apparentely some Japanese fans really liked the idea back then.

I do agree though, Mr. Saturn in general just fits better as an item with a bit of a bizarre effect like it has, I think I'd probably cry if I had to beat one up.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also remember when range was an 'issue'? (Even though :ultmewtwo: was always ridiculous)

:ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultpiranha::ultcorrin:

KEK
So what's so bad about ARMS characters again?

All they do is punch I guess :ultlittlemac: Can't make that into a move set NOPE, no sir.
I love how Shulk and Palutena isn't even in this list. When Sakurai will stop giving newcomers more and more range? Spring Man confirmed

D

Deleted member

It's kinda weird to me that Ridley is ny currently best character because the characters I wanted in Smash are usually ones I either end up sucking as(Greninja and I guess Richter too) or simply can't play at a comfortable level(Mega Man and Robin). Ridley is what Shulk was to me in Smash 4, he just feels natural for me to play as him and everything just clicks.
It helps that he has a lot of "meme" tools to make playing as him even more fun, especially his Down B and Side B. If Ganondorf is the King of Disrespect, I'll make Ridley the God of Disrespect.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I love how Shulk and Palutena isn't even in this list. When Sakurai will stop giving newcomers more and more range? Spring Man confirmed
Forgot about guys that could just hit you from the other side of the stage.

:ultrobin::ultpalutena::ultshulk::ultzelda:(LOL) :ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool: Everything has armor even the canonballs.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's kinda weird to me that Ridley is ny currently best character because the characters I wanted in Smash are usually ones I either end up sucking as(Greninja and I guess Richter too) or simply can't play at a comfortable level(Mega Man and Robin). Ridley is what Shulk was to me in Smash 4, he just feels natural for me to play as him and everything just clicks.
It helps that he has a lot of "meme" tools to make playing as him even more fun, especially his Down B and Side B. If Ganondorf is the King of Disrespect, I'll make Ridley the God of Disrespect.
Just cut for your brain to use a Belmont well

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I remember when :ultincineroar: wouldn’t happen because he’s another fire based heavyweight and :ultbowser::ultkrool: already have wrestling moves in their throws.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
For the rumored Nintendo Direct I'd be very surprised if we get a character reveal, like we haven't even seen Joker's model yet. I think we might get some Mii Costumes, and then confirmation that we'll hear more about the DLC in February around the time Piranha Plant comes out, but I don't think we'll see Joker or hear about another DLC character just yet.

I could see most of it being about Animal Crossing, Bayonetta 3 and especially Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which I think might actually be further in development than we think. Metroid Prime 4 will be E3 at the earliest.

D

Deleted member

Eventually, we'll just get a character who has Marth's Melee grab range in all of their attacks
Remember when marth's range as some crazy ****?
Now he just has a stick and I think that's cute

Graizen

Smash Champion
Ok , question:

Do you think that a character with the body of a Human will influence the choice of DLC?
Joker is a Human, and I see many others wanting Lloyd, Heihachi, among others.
Do you think characters like Crash would have more chances because they are more creative choices?

D

Deleted member

Ok , question:

Do you think that a character with the body of a Human will influence the choice of DLC?
Do you think characters like Crash would have more chances because they are more creative choices?
Every character originated from a videogame has the same chances.

Crash or Agumon can be as likely as Dragonborn, Doomguy or Heihachi.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok , question:

Depends on whether Joker is built on top of another fighter. I personally don't think so, but I guess we'll see after he's added.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Then why isn't Ridley on your profile *****?
Ridley mains rise up

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
For the rumored Nintendo Direct I'd be very surprised if we get a character reveal, like we haven't even seen Joker's model yet. I think we might get some Mii Costumes, and then confirmation that we'll hear more about the DLC in February around the time Piranha Plant comes out, but I don't think we'll see Joker or hear about another DLC character just yet.

I could see most of it being about Animal Crossing, Bayonetta 3 and especially Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which I think might actually be further in development than we think. Metroid Prime 4 will be E3 at the earliest.
Predictions I also posted on reddit:

If Smash is in this direct at all, it'll only be Piranha Plant release details. The rest, including Joker's trailer, will be shown in a March/April direct in a similar fashion to Lucas/Roy/Ryu 4 years ago: Joker reveal + details and a release date of shortly after the direct, Mii costumes wave 1, a basic echo fighter like Octoling if we're lucky (this is the least likely given Sakurai's wording on new characters), and a reveal for Character #2 (probably Erdrick), maybe to release alongside Joker like the Lucas/Roy/Ryu wave but more likely to release a month later like Corrin and Bayonetta.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ok , question:

I doubt it - Sm4sh DLC had five humans, a chibi human, and a ... however you'd describe Mewtwo, and both of the non-humans got in because they were vets.

I think the biggest thing will be their marketability. Granted, we've only got one data point so far, but he's mainly a Sony character. That makes it look like Nintendo's trying to use Sony to advertise their own stuff. I could see them taking characters with large fanbases who may not necessarily be associated with Nintendo (Dragon Quest, Minecraft) and trying to absorb some of those fans.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I swear there was an old Q&A with Sakurai from in between 64 and Melee where Japanese fans sent in questions, I can't find it anymore, but I remember that someone asked if Mr. Saturn could be playable, and Sakurai answered that he didn't think it'd work given its lack of hands. Only thing I found that can sort of back up this memory is this old poll from around the same time where Mr. Saturn topped the Mother requests, so apparentely some Japanese fans really liked the idea back then.

I do agree though, Mr. Saturn in general just fits better as an item with a bit of a bizarre effect like it has, I think I'd probably cry if I had to beat one up.
Well, I think Mr. Saturn might not be so bad... Look at Ivysaur and Pikachu. They don't have hands, and are quadrupedal, yet can still be Implemented.
In fairness, though, it makes more sense as an AT.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

I'd expect we'll at least get Joker's render by this point, maybe he'll be done enough to show his website info (a few pics and the 15 second character trailer). I'm actually expecting a PP date (somewhere between the 31st when they end the promotion and the 15th of Feb when his amiibo comes out). I guess he'll be released starting on the 1st or 8th, and will be available for purchase starting the 15th or so. We'll probably also get our first wave of Mii costumes the same date PP is available, just like how Mii costume wave 1 was first available with Mewtwo.
a basic echo fighter like Octoling if we're lucky (this is the least likely given Sakurai's wording on new characters)
I'm praying they go this route as well...it'd be an easy way to throw in more characters, and there are loads of good choices who could be echoes. Especially if the DLC's gonna favor 3rd party, a bunch of 1st party (or easy 3P) echoes could be great. I'd still love to see Twili Midna over Zelda, but my top choice is still Tails over Sonic.

D

Deleted member

I'd expect we'll at least get Joker's render by this point, maybe he'll be done enough to show his website info (a few pics and the 15 second character trailer). I'm actually expecting a PP date (somewhere between the 31st when they end the promotion and the 15th of Feb when his amiibo comes out). I guess he'll be released starting on the 1st or 8th, and will be available for purchase starting the 15th or so. We'll probably also get our first wave of Mii costumes the same date PP is available, just like how Mii costume wave 1 was first available with Mewtwo.

I'm praying they go this route as well...it'd be an easy way to throw in more characters, and there are loads of good choices who could be echoes. Especially if the DLC's gonna favor 3rd party, a bunch of 1st party (or easy 3P) echoes could be great. I'd still love to see Twili Midna over Zelda, but my top choice is still Tails over Sonic.
If Joker is at a point where they can show his character page video, then he's at a point we can see his official trailer but I don't expect anything from Joker considering it took us around until April 2015 to get the Mewtwo trailer which was, what, 6 months since its announcement? And Mewtwo was a vet, if Joker wasn't in a playable state back in the VGA, he still isn't now.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Why have there been 2 random complaints by you about, unrelated to the conversation or without asking for any conversation, about online players in the past 5 minutes?
Almost like I've been playing smash online and wanted to vent my frustrations.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why have there been 2 random complaints by you about, unrelated to the conversation or without asking for any conversation, about online players in the past 5 minutes?
Never question such a thing

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Predictions I also posted on reddit:

If Smash is in this direct at all, it'll only be Piranha Plant release details. The rest, including Joker's trailer, will be shown in a March/April direct in a similar fashion to Lucas/Roy/Ryu 4 years ago: Joker reveal + details and a release date of shortly after the direct, Mii costumes wave 1, a basic echo fighter like Octoling if we're lucky (this is the least likely given Sakurai's wording on new characters), and a reveal for Character #2 (probably Erdrick), maybe to release alongside Joker like the Lucas/Roy/Ryu wave but more likely to release a month later like Corrin and Bayonetta.
I don't suppose your predictions also include that girl in your avatar and sig.......whoever she is.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Soo what's a Robin flurry attack?
It's that green wind slicer, right?.. if so, then what gives.. I beat the L9 CPU with that twice now and the reward won't unlock :/

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I don't suppose your predictions also include that girl in your avatar and sig.......whoever she is.
Wishlist, yes; predictions, lolno. My entire support for Edea/a BD rep stemmed from insiders hearing about a new SE character, and when most of those insiders are now strongly leaning on it being Erdrick/DQ, I know when to call it quits.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's that green wind slicer, right?.. if so, then what gives.. I beat the L9 CPU with that twice now and the reward won't unlock :/
Could be the Infinite jab of scale tippings

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...yeeeeeah, I hammered that challenge. I’m not good enough with Robin to be able to do that, and I wanted to get all of the music.

At this point, I only need to get the “beat a L9” challenges, which I’ll get eventually with Link or Zelda, and the “KO with three meteors” one which I have no clue for (anybody got tips for someone who’s not really good at this?). And the “Beat the last boss without getting KOd,” but I may have to set it to easy to just get that. I’ve still got 7 hammers, and I’ll probably just go nuts on the online table once I’m done since I don’t play online.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
...yeeeeeah, I hammered that challenge. I’m not good enough with Robin to be able to do that, and I wanted to get all of the music.

At this point, I only need to get the “beat a L9” challenges, which I’ll get eventually with Link or Zelda, and the “KO with three meteors” one which I have no clue for (anybody got tips for someone who’s not really good at this?). And the “Beat the last boss without getting KOd,” but I may have to set it to easy to just get that. I’ve still got 7 hammers, and I’ll probably just go nuts on the online table once I’m done since I don’t play online.
tip for the meteor one if you feel like cheesing it: set it to either super sudden death or 10 HP stamina mode, with 4-players and 5-10 stocks, and then just spam down-a - the move always counts as a 'meteor' even if they don't die by falling off the stage.

R O F L

Smash Ace
It's Robin's jab. You also need to do it in a timed battle or else it won't work.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just wanted to pop in since I won't be here for a bit, but there's a very easy way to cheese the Robin challenge.

Time Battle vs Pichu, and set the launch ratio to 2x. It makes it so the rapid jab finisher OHKOs Pichu nine times out of ten.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom