• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Birdo was never part of the core Mario cast, what are you talking about?

The core Mario cast is: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad and Yoshi; not counting the enemies (and even then Yoshi is debatable considering he doesn't appear frequently).

Daisy, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, Birdo and Toadette, while ubiquitous in the Spin-offs, aren't really core characters.
Considering that Luigi can sometimes be MIA in the main Mario series, like 64 and Sunshine, Yoshi appears just as much as he does...

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
As a Jigglypuff player, I feel personally attacked.

Disgrace? Mr. Saturn hats are the highest honor a video game character can achieve, she should be proud.
It is clear to me that you haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yet but it's good that you performed this misguided act of injustice out of honor for her.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Considering that Luigi can sometimes be MIA in the main Mario series, like 64 and Sunshine, Yoshi appears just as much as he does...
Good point!

Both of them should appear way, way more than they do.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just some rumor that was posted here that's being reported by gaming news sites. It's much like the September and Smash Direct 2: Electric Boogaloo rumors that popped up before those were confirmed

*Laughs in Shulk*

>People didn't want Rosalina, Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings
I'm not saying you're lying or wrong but damn the Smash fanbase really has ****taste because the former two were always the most obvious not yet in Smash and the Koopalings were kind of a pipedream for me
Ok but what was in that rumour? And to think I gave you a link to Cannonball...

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Good point!

Both of them should appear way, way more than they do.
Well, they both have their own series now... (Although Luigi's Mansion is generally considered part of Mario while Yoshi is a fully fledged spin-off)

D

Deleted member

Since we're imminent for a Nintendo Direct this month, I'm still sticking to my guns about another showcase of Piranha Plant to push that limited-time offer deal before this month is over.

I highly doubt we'll see Joker and Persona 5 content in Smash Ultimate until February or early March, if they wanna spread these character packs out.

Also, since Vinny has magical powers of bringing back dead Nintendo franchises (Metroid being the biggest example), calling this now.
Mother 3 is happening.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Since we're imminent for a Nintendo Direct this month, I'm still sticking to my guns about another showcase of Piranha Plant to push that limited-time offer deal before this month is over.

I highly doubt we'll see Joker and Persona 5 content in Smash Ultimate until February or early March, if they wanna spread these character packs out.

Also, since Vinny has magical powers of bringing back dead Nintendo franchises (Metroid being the biggest example), calling this now.
Mother 3 is happening.

It's the series 30th Anniversary this year.

Mother 3

So I'll guess EarthBound Beginnings is coming to NES Online.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm sorry but I'm dumb and I didn't get it.
Sister Saturn.

The Catholic Ms. Saturn that devoted her life to god.

But really it's Mr. Saturn. It's just confusing because Thesaurus took Saturn as the name and not Mr. Saturn.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm sorry but I'm dumb and I didn't get it.
I think I just didn’t get my point through. Sorry. :)

Now, as a Jigglypuff player, you should be afraid of Mr. Saturn (provided you have item enabled, I guess), because shield break = instadeath.
I fought this Jigglypuff yesterday, and they KO’d me with their N-air at 70%(ish).
The humiliating part was that I was Ganondorf.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think I just didn’t get my point through. Sorry. :)

Now, as a Jigglypuff player, you should be afraid of Mr. Saturn (provided you have item enabled, I guess), because shield break = instadeath.
I fought this Jigglypuff yesterday, and they KO’d me with their N-air at 70%.
Nah, it's okay. I forgot that Mr. Saturns can break shields, it's been a while since I saw one doing that.

D

Deleted member

Nah, it's okay. I forgot that Mr. Saturns can break shields, it's been a while since I saw one doing that.
Ditto. I went online and played with someone who had items on, and Mr. Saturn happened.

D

Deleted member

Jokes aside, I’ve really enjoyed my time here on Smashboards.
You’ve all been such a welcoming bunch, and I am so grateful to be a part of this community.
:smash:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Speaking of hypothetical character movesets, I've been mulling over one for Arle Nadja since Christmas Day (when I got Puyo Puyo Tetris).
The thought process I went through for Arle is: "the core facet of Puyo Puyo is setting up combos to deal lots of 'damage' to your opponents; how can you represent that in Arle's moveset?". Well, that's actually pretty easy.

Smash already has a "combo meter" built into the game (which you can only see in the Training Mode). My idea is that Arle's Special moves power up when you build up a large combo.

Arle's Neutral Special changes depending on the last registered combo number you got. While I've provided numbers, they are more to show the tiers of power, and don't (necessarily) represent how much combo you need to activate it.

1: "Hah!" - A Generic slap, does very little damage. Arle will use this if you haven't built up a combo yet, or only have a combo of one.
2: "Fire" - A Fire Ball, flies in a straight line for a short distance.
3: "Ice Storm" - A stream of freezing Ice Magic (functionally the same as Ice Climbers' Blizzard attack).
4: "Diacute" - Temporarily boosts the power of Arle's basic attack.
5: "Brain Dumbed" - Dazes the opponent, also does a lot of shield damage.
6: "Jugem" - Fires a slow, but very powerful ball of energy, if the ball hits, it has power on par with Warlock Punch and Flare Blade.
7: "Bayoen" - A blast of flame that instantly breaks shields, it is also very powerful; those who survive the hit are Dazed anyway.

Side Special: "Heedon" - Puts the opponent to sleep, the duration the enemy stays asleep is determined by Arle's Combo Count and not the amount of damage they have.
Up Special: Big Bang Warp - A warp spell, the distance Arle warps (and power of the explosion left in her wake) increase with higher Combos.
Down Special: Garbage Puyo - Slams down with Garbage Puyos, the amount dropped (and therefore the range and power) depends on her Combo Count. She only drops one with 0 or 1 Combo.

The game stores Arle's highest current combo until a Special Move is used, at which point the number returns to zero. Arle's Combo is shown by her player icon (just like all other Gimmicks).

Most of Arle's regular attacks utilize Carbuncle and/or Puyos in some way, Carbuncle isn't considered a separate entity like Luma is to Rosalina. I don't know enough about Madou Monogatari and Puyo Puyo to go into further detail, and I'm stumped as to what her Final Smash could be.
Man, typing this up took me 50 minutes.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll pay attention to the January Direct if it happens.

D

Deleted member

But don't you want to know which Frank Sinetra song they'll use in Bayonetta 3? please PG, my kids are dying
Eh, I just feel like the January Direct won't offer anything interesting. I'd think it'd be foolish of me to go in hoping for a Joker gameplay reveal with Joker's Palace a stage, followed up by the next DLC character. So, I think I might sit this one out. Not sure.

D

Deleted member

I would love to see something related to the DK franchise in the Direct alongside Metroid stuff.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Direct predictions (if it’s real):

-:ultpiranha: release date
-:ultisabelle: 2019 trailer
-:ultsamus: Prime 4 info
-:ultluigi: Mansion 3 info
-:ultyoshi: Crafted World info
-:ultmarth: 3 Houses info
-Challenger Pack 2 reveal

D

Deleted member

*gets paired against a DK player on Spirit Train*
"Ok whatever, I'll just cheese him out, thanks for the free GSP"
*Leaves battle*
*Gets paired with the same player again, this time on Flat Zone*
Nintendo is lucky I'm not the one paying for this ****

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Goemon. The logical choice.
This Ad was brought to you by your friendly DLC agent. NextPackage. All rights received 2019.

D

Deleted member

If this Direct rumour is true, should we expect the official announcement the day before (January 9th)?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Imagine being a :ultkrool: denier in 2019. lol.

Man I love how all the fan rules are just poop now. :ultpiranha::ultridley:

The only ones that will ever stand is being on or coming to a Nintendo Console and being a video game character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do too.
It is fun to speculate with less fan rules denying determined options.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed

The only ones that will ever stand is being on or coming to a Nintendo Console and being a video game character.
I mean, you can't deny stuff that standing right before you-*flat-earthers exist*-never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom