• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why doesn't the game match me with the thousands of other players with 3 Stock, Battlefield stages to play with instead of the Hazards On, 2 Stock players?
Because then stupid little Timmy wouldn't be able to find anyone who wants to play on his dumb-ass gamemode.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because then stupid little Timmy wouldn't be able to find anyone who wants to play on his dumb-*** gamemode.
Well, time to go online with my 2 minutes time match with items on in Palutena's Temple.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHAHA I pray to GOD that that big blue stage i had the misfortune of experiencing wasn't nintendos idea of the omega version and was just hazards off

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
HAHAHAHAHA I pray to GOD that that big blue stage i had the misfortune of experiencing wasn't nintendos idea of the omega version and was just hazards off
All Omega versions are normalized now, the Big Blue one doesn't even take place on the Falcon Flyer.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
And replace Ashley with Birdo.
No. Just add Birdo.
Way I see it, if Mario Kart 8 Deluxe receives DLC equal to the effort Nintendo would otherwise put into a full new Mario Kart game, they could add in fan favorites like Diddy Kong and Birdo, add in new characters people would love like Pauline and E. Gadd, expand the side-series with Dixie Kong, Ashley, and Kamek (c'mon, he was almost in Mario Kart 64), and even expand on Non-Mario characters, perhaps even including 3rd Parties people would love like Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

D

Deleted member

No. Just add Birdo.
Way I see it, if Mario Kart 8 Deluxe receives DLC equal to the effort Nintendo would otherwise put into a full new Mario Kart game, they could add in fan favorites like Diddy Kong and Birdo, add in new characters people would love like Pauline and E. Gadd, expand the side-series with Dixie Kong, Ashley, and Kamek (c'mon, he was almost in Mario Kart 64), and even expand on Non-Mario characters, perhaps even including 3rd Parties people would love like Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.
Nintendo is really weird about referencing anything related to Wario's solo series in the Mario games though, unlike DKC, which makes me doubt Ashley. Aside from just the usual presence of Wario himself in Party/Kart/What have you, the only time anything WarioWare related has shown up in any Mario game was the Diamond City track on a Mario Kart arcade machine.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It’s kinda weird how Birdo is never brought up in Smash speculation at all even though she used to be part of the core Mario cast lol.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Brings a tear to my eye.
View attachment 185336
The first time I played Cloud in this game I just wanted to put the controller down lol. He's not a character I care that much about, and as it turns out he's still great, but initially it just felt so bad due to how blatantly that move was nerfed.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Nintendo is really weird about referencing anything related to Wario's solo series in the Mario games though, unlike DKC, which makes me doubt Ashley. Aside from just the usual presence of Wario himself in Party/Kart/What have you, the only time anything WarioWare related has shown up in any Mario game was the Diamond City track on a Mario Kart arcade machine.
I hear the different factions at Nintendo don't like using Mario characters they didn't create hence why Daisy and Waluigi will probably never show up in a 3D Mario platformer.

Heck, Diamond City track making it in is amazing since Daisy's kingdom of Sarasaland isn't even allowed to be explored in Mario Kart never mind the 3D games.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Sweet never beaten an iinkling main love their gsp of 3m each time i find one and their cheapness

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Yeah, they are weird about that stuff..
They did have the Wario Factory Court in Mario Power Tennis as well which was a WarioWare Factory with him shown in the background in his Biker gear.
They really need to break their weird fixation on only using core Mario characters, mooks, and making new Babies or Alts (like Pink Gold Peach) and use characters from the wider franchise..even just Mario's could include RPG exclusive characters like Vivian or Fawful
It’s kinda weird how Birdo is never brought up in Smash speculation at all even though she used to be part of the core Mario cast lol.
I don't really think Birdo was ever part of the core Mario cast..she was around, but only every so often like in Mario Tennis because Yoshi needed a Doubles Partner. I mean, she wasn't part of Mario Kart until Double Dash when, again, Yoshi needed a partner.
Birdo is kind of in the same boat as Shy Guys and Koopa Troopas in that she's a popular enough enemy character, but she isn't really used often for Party/Sports titles unless they have the time or space for her..I mean, she was found incomplete in both Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games and Mario Kart 8 (for some reason not being finished for DLC in the latter).
In regards to Smash speculation, she is definitely a near bottom tier character for the Mario franchise when Waluigi, King Boo, and Toad (Toadette as alt) are all bigger characters in the franchise that people would definitely want to see first (yes, I know Piranha Plant is in, but its just Sakurai's usual WTF/Out of Left Field character)

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Sweet never beaten an iinkling main love their gsp of 3m each time i find one and their cheapness
Why have there been 2 random complaints by you about, unrelated to the conversation or without asking for any conversation, about online players in the past 5 minutes?

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
You know, the most frustrating thing to me about the Mario roster in Smash is that it’s constantly argued of
whenever or not it’s had enough characters despite being Nintendo’s flagship series and still not having the characters that are missing.

After Brawl where it had no newcomers, Mario started having 2 new characters once a game and funny enough, it’s never the ones some people mostly want.
Paper Mario & Toad for Smash 4? Nope here’s :4bowserjr: &:rosalina:(not saying they’re bad choices just making a point)

Waluigi & Geno for Ultimate? Nope here’s :ultdaisy: and :ultpiranha:.

At that point, people will say that Mario has had enough characters but it really isn’t because there’s still glaring omissions like Toad & Waluigi as well personal desires like Geno or Paper Mario.

Mario’s character representation in Smash is just so bizarre because we’re in a timeline where Mario in a lab coat and an generic obstacle are added before any of those aforementioned characters.

It’s just my two cents on it.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
You know, the most frustrating thing to me about the Mario roster in Smash is that it’s constantly argued of
whenever or not it’s had enough characters despite being Nintendo’s flagship series and still not having the characters that are missing.

After Brawl where it had no newcomers, Mario started having 2 new characters once a game and funny enough, it’s never the ones some people mostly want.
Paper Mario & Toad for Smash 4? Nope here’s :4bowserjr: &:rosalina:(not saying they’re bad choices just making a point)

At that point, people will say that Mario has had enough characters but it really isn’t because there’s still glaring omissions like Toad & Waluigi as well personal desires like Geno or Paper Mario.

Mario’s character representation in Smash is just so bizarre because we’re in a timeline where Mario in a lab coat and an generic obstacle are added before any of those aforementioned characters.

I believe that Fawful, by far the best Mario character, is the most glaring omission

D

Deleted member

Wait what is this 10th direct rumour?
Just some rumor that was posted here that's being reported by gaming news sites. It's much like the September and Smash Direct 2: Electric Boogaloo rumors that popped up before those were confirmed
Brings a tear to my eye.
View attachment 185336
*Laughs in Shulk*

>People didn't want Rosalina, Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings
I'm not saying you're lying or wrong but damn the Smash fanbase really has ****taste because the former two were always the most obvious not yet in Smash and the Koopalings were kind of a pipedream for me

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

it’s never the ones some people mostly want.
Well there you go.

Some people.

There were plenty of people that wanted Bowser Jr. and Rosalina for Smash 4. It wasn't all Toad and Paper Mario supporters (or people exclusively supporting them). Same thing for Daisy in Ultimate.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
>People didn't want Rosalina, Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings
I'm not saying you're lying or wrong but damn the Smash fanbase really has ****taste because the former two were always the most obvious not yet in Smash and the Koopalings were kind of a pipedream for me
I have to agree that Rosalina and Bowser jr. Were very widely requested. More so than Paper Mario. Geno too has been widely requested, but hey, Square.
Bowser jr., Specifically, was long overdue when he was added.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
If anything, Mr. Saturn would’ve been the perfect joke character instead of PP.

Nobody would know that he actually was part of the mural after all.

There wouldn't be many complaints about him getting in over other Earthbound/Mother characters because they’re very small in demand.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

There wouldn't be many complaints about him getting in over other Earthbound/Mother characters because they’re very small in demand.
Well, 2019 is the 30th aniversary of Mother and there is that theory about Porky having no spirit and all.
So if he gets in as DLC giving the series 2 DLC characters is overkill (says the Fire Emblem fan)
On the other hand, having a Joke character as well as a real character would be a Nice way to celebrate a forgotten series.

Tbh I don't know Mother well enough but I like to speculate.

D

Deleted member

I'm just not sure how you can make a moveset for them. Sure, Mr. Saturn can walk, run, jump but how does it attack?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm just not sure how you can make a moveset for them. Sure, Mr. Saturn can walk, run, jump but how does it attack?
Smack people with its giant nose.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Jokes aside, I'm not sure if Mr. Saturn would really work well in Smash. Sure, you can make a moveset for pretty much every character, but I feel like in the end, all of his animations would look like each other, since his design don't have much to work with. It doesn't sound like a fun fighter, unlike say, R.O.B. or Piranha Plant.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I’m order to recover, he spins his bow around like helicopter blades. Has a hit box, and can drag people to the upper blast line like K. Rool’s.
Final Smash: Coffee

Mr. Saturn throws cups of coffee at people causing them to go all existential and ascend... past the blast zones.

D

Deleted member

Jokes aside, I'm not sure if Mr. Saturn would really work well in Smash. Sure, you can make a moveset for pretty much every character, but I feel like in the end, all of his animations would look like each other, since his design don't have much to work with. It doesn't sound like a fun fighter, unlike say, R.O.B. or Piranha Plant.
How dare you say that. :bobomb:

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Birdo was never part of the core Mario cast, what are you talking about?

The core Mario cast is: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad and Yoshi; not counting the enemies (and even then Yoshi is debatable considering he doesn't appear frequently).

Daisy, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, Birdo and Toadette, while ubiquitous in the Spin-offs, aren't really core characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If his moveset creates this much debate, just make him an echo of this dude:
Eh, good enough for me. He’d just be a tall, muscular white body with a Mr. Saturn on top.
Epic.
Final Smash: Coffee

Mr. Saturn throws cups of coffee at people causing them to go all existential and ascend... past the blast zones.
Nah, everyone turns into Jigglypuff, then their shields break. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom