• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It took almost a whole month, but I managed to get all 1297 maingame Spirits. The final Spirit evading me was the Stork from Yoshi's Island, which was one of the ones that required a visit to a Master Spirit that opereated a store (in this case, Beedle), but I'm glad I completed my collection. So, that gets me ready for DLC.

Speaking of which... you'd think with these events, they could make them more enticing than "Here's some of these really hard battles... let's just make them not leave, even though you encounter most of them in the World of Light".

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fellas, my Ganondorf has a GSP of 2.6 million, and I still haven’t made it into Elite Smash.
Any of you know what’s goin’ on?
Entry point is like what, 2.8 mil?

Last time I got in Elite Smash entry was like 2,818,000 or something.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Hey y'all, I got NSO so I just finished my first online session.

What Happened:
I managed to get to Elite with Olimar in my first 5 rounds.
I'm going to have to get used to input lag.
I found my first PK Fire Ness. I dodged like 99% of his PK Fires but god was that round laggy.
Found a good Mii Gunner and learned that his UpB spikes.
Only fought one person who used hazards off.
Why does everyone use FD????
Online doesn't seem as bad as everyone says it is.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Fellas, my Ganondorf has a GSP of 2.6 million, and I still haven’t made it into Elite Smash.
Any of you know what’s goin’ on?
My Olimar got Elite in around 2.65 mil. You shouldn't be far off.

Edit: Quoted the wrong person....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey y'all, I got NSO so I just finished my first online session.

What Happened:
I managed to get to Elite with Olimar in my first 5 rounds.
I'm going to have to get used to input lag.
I found my first PK Fire Ness. I dodged like 99% of his PK Fires but god was that round laggy.
Found a good Mii Gunner and learned that his UpB spikes.
Only fought one person who used hazards off.
Why does everyone use FD????
Online doesn't seem as bad as everyone says it is.
Indeed.
I’ve consistently fought with my preferred rules (2 stock, Omega form,) via Quickplay.

LetterO

Smash Lord
The game just put me into a Hazards On, 2 Minute, 2 Stock match against a spamming Link.

that's literally my worst nightmare and it's killing my GSP please stop i beg you

SonicMario

Smash Master
Do you know what would be one of the most evil screenshots to send back in time a few months or so on this website? This would probably rank among them heh.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If anyone wants to play against a Tired Swamp, I set up an arena called Swamp House Casuals.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Or if someone leaked a snapshot of Bomberman/Knuckles/Waluigi being KOed or Air Dodging which would allegedly “reveal” them as playable newcomers before we’re told ATs can be defeated or can air dodged.

That would’ve been extremely cruel.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Do you know what would be one of the most evil screenshots to send back in time a few months or so on this website? This would probably rank among them heh.

not really because no one cares about the color

Bionichute

Smash Champion
not really because no one cares about the color
shadow's spin dash in games where he's playable tends to be yellow, so it wouldn't be a stretch to think that the black sonic using a spindash and having shadow's spindash trail would be shadow. it would absolutely be evil during the grinch period

maybe actually look things up before you say they're dumb

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
shadow's spin dash in games where he's playable tends to be yellow, so it wouldn't be a stretch to think that the black sonic using a spindash and having shadow's spindash trail would be shadow. it would absolutely be evil during the grinch period

maybe actually look things up before you say they're dumb
i'm still gonna say its dumb because that looks a little too light of a black to be shadow levels of black

oh wait i never called it dumb in the first place haha

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i'm still gonna say its dumb because that looks a little too light of a black to be shadow levels of black

oh wait i never called it dumb in the first place haha
nah you basically did kid. you have too much hope in this community

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
nah you basically did kid. you have too much hope in this community
i can't "basically do it" if i never said its dumb, that's actually dumb.

I have more hope in Sonic crazy kids to know their pigments of Shadow the Hedgehog's delicate fur.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Online Belmonts might be the worst thing I've ever seen. Whether you win or lose, you're suffering the entire way through.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Online Belmonts might be the worst thing I've ever seen. Whether you win or lose, you're suffering the entire way through.
Honestly that seems to be the opinion on Belmonts regardless. A friend of mine was so goddamn mad about how K.Rool doesn't have any answers to a campy Belmont he went on a tranquil fury rant. He also added "To be fair, I might be able to find options in the future when I start figuring this game out but goddamn do I ****ing hate those whippy ********"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly that seems to be the opinion on Belmonts regardless. A friend of mine was so goddamn mad about how K.Rool doesn't have any answers to a campy Belmont he went on a tranquil fury rant. He also added "To be fair, I might be able to find options in the future when I start figuring this game out but goddamn do I ****ing hate those whippy ********"
Doesn't K.Rool have a reflector? At least he's better suited to play against campers than some others.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People: *complaining about belmonts*
Me, maining Belmonts:

1513673812741.png

I want to get better at their fastfall whips and angling tho, I can barely do it on a joycon. Doable, but not always input right.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Doesn't K.Rool have a reflector? At least he's better suited to play against campers than some others.
Yeah but we were on Great Bay (his choice). He couldn't approach me because I was under the stage on the smaller platforms and would chuck angled axes, which wouldn't hit me if reflected, his crown doesn't go far enough to reach me from the other platform, and he CAN reflect the cross, but I can shield it by the time it comes back. I ended up crying with laughter

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
His reflector leaves him pretty open if he misses it though, and the Belmonts don't even need their projectiles to camp him out. Their whip attacks are bad enough on their own. He's a slow moving, big bodied heavyweight. He's going to struggle with any zoner who's able to play around his reflector, and unfortunately for him he just so happens to have one of the easiest reflectors to play around.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
holy ****, this is the worst online I've ever seen from ANY fighting game.

Can I not be matched with people who do **** like hazardless with TWO STOCKS.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can I not be matched with people who do **** like hazardless with TWO STOCKS.
Technically nothing's wrong with it because it's preferred rules, not guaranteed rules. If it was For Glory, it still would've been 2 stocks, wouldn't it?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Technically nothing's wrong with it because it's preferred rules, not guaranteed rules. If it was For Glory, it still would've been 2 stocks, wouldn't it?
Yeah, but at least it was consistently two stocks and the game's slow-ass mechanics suited itself to two stocks.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, but at least it was consistently two stocks and the game's slow-*** mechanics suited itself to two stocks.
You can always force Sakurai to change it at gunpoint.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Why doesn't the game match me with the thousands of other players with 3 Stock, Battlefield stages to play with instead of the Hazards On, 2 Stock players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom