• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

There's only one Impa spirit.
tbh i'd be down for HW Impa as a symbol of Nintendo's ongoing collaborations with Koei Tecmo, especially since they've somehow managed to release HW on 3 consoles to massive success each time now.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
It's kinda weird to me that Ridley is ny currently best character because the characters I wanted in Smash are usually ones I either end up sucking as(Greninja and I guess Richter too) or simply can't play at a comfortable level(Mega Man and Robin). Ridley is what Shulk was to me in Smash 4, he just feels natural for me to play as him and everything just clicks.
It helps that he has a lot of "meme" tools to make playing as him even more fun, especially his Down B and Side B. If Ganondorf is the King of Disrespect, I'll make Ridley the God of Disrespect.
That's kind of how I've felt with Ness ever since Smash 64. I started gaming with the Nintendo 64, so I had absolutely no clue who he is, but I quickly fell in love with his unorthodox yet highly useful specials — one projectile that becomes a pillar of fire to trap the foe and continue hurting them for a few seconds after impact, another projectile that can be guided freely to pursue the opponent regardless of where they run (or alternatively launch Ness himself a third of the way across the screen like a human missile), and a special shield that consumes projectiles and converts them into health. I’ve continued maining Ness in every Smash game since, despite the additions of Sonic and Bowser Jr., because I just find Ness's toolkit to be outrageously fun to use. (Ironically, I can't seriously use Luigi in Melee onwards because the lack of horizontal movement in his Super Jump Punch makes it awfully difficult to recover.)

Pakky

Smash Hero
tbh i'd be down for HW Impa as a symbol of Nintendo's ongoing collaborations with Koei Tecmo, especially since they've somehow managed to release HW on 3 consoles to massive success each time now.
MMm me too.

Also.. Sprinkles dabs of every other Impa into her.

Also there needs to be a banana joke.

Jesus why do I hanker for a plus size Impa?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
That’d be nice; can we get the naginata style though?

But can we at least attach a Ganondorf costume as well to this pack?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

There's only one Impa spirit.
As much as I’d love to have Impa, I feel like she kind of missed the boat for base game. The only way I see Impa getting in as a character is as an echo, which we aren’t getting as DLC. I Don’t really think it’s likely that we would see them basing Impa off the spinoff games.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
That’d be nice; can we get the naginata style though?

But can we at least attach a Ganondorf costume as well to this pack?
i'll settle for a decent green tunic Link, but the Manondorf would be a nice bonus, especially since he now actually uses a sword like in HW

Graizen

Smash Champion
Bandai is strangely silent about Digimon for a long time now...

Not even new info about Digimon Survive.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Impa in Smash, especially if she uses her Hyrule Warriors design. I just really wish we could get a new Zelda rep. This is torture.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Midna>Mipha=Lana>>>>>anyone else for a new Zelda character

This is fact

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Impa in Smash, especially if she uses her Hyrule Warriors design. I just really wish we could get a new Zelda rep. This is torture.
i'm honestly a little surprised she's not happened yet, especially since she's one of the last few Zelda characters to have a fairly significant presence across a majority of the games, and one which stems back to the very first at that

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Pakky

Smash Hero
little to it given that the P5R trademark was known to everyone and thus easy pickings for leaks, but i will admit that the possible imagery of Doom Guy furiously stomping on Pichu's head while this plays makes me want to believe it
Talk about 'Mean greens' ….

I'll get my coat.

Which datamine?
The one that revealed that there are spirits of characters from Rare games which is owned by Microsoft.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still find it weird how Female Robin is the only person to not be in the Smash Ultimate intro...guess she was too busy or purposely left out by the crew
:ultzelda:Pants and gowns
wait what

D

Deleted member

Midna>Mipha=Lana>>>>>anyone else for a new Zelda character

This is fact
I want Midna with Wolf Link in Smash so bad. :(

That triple AT deconfirmation of Waluigi, Bomberman, and Midna still gets me down sometimes. Back to back to back deconfirms of characters in my top ten, but "Everyone is Here" making up for it...that E3 definitely was a rollercoaster of highs and lows, lol.

Pakky

Smash Hero
don't be a square else you'll only get two songs
HA GOT'EM

Seriously what a load. No orchestra remixes for you cuz we need to sit on FF7 for another 10 years and not share.

That remake is gonna be hot trash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Whenever Steve gets brought up and makes everyone mad but you unironically have him in your top 3 wishlist*

CfsHZO6UUAUDxBN.jpg

IDK whether I'd come here to celebrate or go in a bunker after the reveal, TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom