• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
you can know what a game is and not know diddly **** about the characters
But, again, I feel like I'm not understanding your point. What else could this guy possibly be from? How would someone see an image of Steve and not immediately think "Minecraft guy"? He's basically in the same class as Villager, only significantly more people in the world know the Minecraft aesthetic than the Animal Crossing aesthetic.

Saying that they might not know his name is Steve is reaching.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
But, again, I feel like I'm not understanding your point. What else could this guy possibly be from? How would someone see an image of Steve and not immediately think "Minecraft guy"? He's basically in the same class as Villager, only significantly more people in the world know the Minecraft aesthetic than the Animal Crossing aesthetic.

Saying that they might not know his name is Steve is reaching.
thats what Im saying, you can know about the game, its obvious he is from it from that ug-uniqe block design, but you can not know **** that his name is Steve

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
hey, headsup!! (this might be US only not sure still worth checking imo)

Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2, Octopath Traveler, ARMS and Hyrule Warriors are all $42 at Target and GameStop

Target has physical copies while GameStop has digital

Thought this might help anyone interested in these games
If only I didn't already buy all of those...

...wait, ****. I still haven't played Octopath Traveler. Why do I buy things?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
thats what Im saying, you can know about the game, its obvious he is from it from that ug-uniqe block design, but you can not know **** that his name is Steve
So? Most people know about The Legend of Zelda...

Yet, they mistakenly call Link, Zelda

Not knowing a character's name doesn't really matter, if you ask me...

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay then. Uh. You're right. I concede your point.

It's just not a very good point? Not everyone knows the Tomb Raider's name is Lara Croft, but they know Tomb Raider.

D

Deleted member

not even notch knew his name was steve until he was asked for the first time :wario::wario::wario:
Villager didn't have a set name until Smash, and characters like Link, Robin, and Corrin can be renamed in their games (only BotW Link broke this trend).

Steve being an avatar isn't a negative when we have :ultvillager: , :ultmiifighters:, :ultrobin:, and :ultcorrin:, and I honestly get confused why people seem to think it's a negative.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero

It's just not a very good point? Not everyone knows the Tomb Raider's name is Lara Croft, but they know Tomb Raider.
:ultvillager: What is his name?

:ultinkling: What is her name?

:ultduckhunt: them?

:ultgnw: Him?

:ultolimar: Has a name.. WHO CARES? THAT'S PIKMIN MAN, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

tomb raider wouldn't be seen as a classic if the main protag was a male with no huge triangle boobs

change my mind

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Villager didn't have a set name until Smash, and characters like Link, Robin, and Corrin can be renamed in their games (only BotW Link broke this trend).

Steve being an avatar isn't a negative when we have :ultvillager: , :ultmiifighters:, :ultrobin:, and :ultcorrin:, and I honestly get confused why people seem to think it's a negative.
i agree with you and am confused as to what my sarcasm has to do with this

I can say from experience that it's definitely a thing that still happens.

Like, exceedingly often.
doesn't count if you don't exist opossum

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I can say from experience that it's definitely a thing that still happens.

Like, exceedingly often.
I see people call Link Zelda more often than I see people call Samus Metroid.

So there's that, I guess.

D

Deleted member

i agree with you and am confused as to what my sarcasm has to do with this
I thought the Warios meant sarcasm, but TBH I wasn't 100% sure so that's my bad. :nervous:

There are some who honestly use that against Steve, so my point was more made for those who use what you said unironically.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
tomb raider wouldn't be seen as a classic if the main protag was a male with no huge triangle boobs

change my mind
Is that sarcasm? I can't tell if it's sarcasm.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I thought the Wario's meant sarcasm, but TBH I wasn't 100% sure so that's my bad. :nervous:

There are some who honestly use that against Steve, so my point was more made for those who use what you said unironically.
he made the name up on the spot when he was asked for the first time and i was bringing that up to be a smartass
i think it's cool that it blew up so much

i don't care about the argument in particular haha i'm not against Steve being in, cause I used to love playing Minecraft.

When in doubt, just remember,
1546541788134.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

he made the name up on the spot when he was asked for the first time and i was bringing that up to be a smartass
i think it's cool that it blew up so much

i don't care about the argument in particular haha i'm not against Steve being in, cause I used to love playing Minecraft.
Nah it's all good lol. I was in "debate Steve" mode and maybe got carried away a little bit, ha ha.

I forgot that he came up with Steve's name on the spot, though. That's a neat piece of trivia!

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i said this before but i really doubt we're getting multiple western made characters, i'm guessing we're only getting one at most, and even that i'd say would be a stretch

osby

Smash Obsessed
even my 70 y/o dad knows who link is

but thats probably because he watched me play the games as a kid, thats the only reason why he knows who Pikachu is.
I remember asking my father about the last video game he played and getting "Galaga" as an answer. Made me feel like a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom