• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who's bright idea was it to have Beast Ganon's weak point only be his tail?
Hey, it's canon.

Also, can I talk about the fact that Beast Ganon has a goddamn reference to Demise's lighting blade while normal Ganon doesn't?
SMH Nintendo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Who's bright idea was it to have Beast Ganon's weak point only be his tail?
Ask the Ocarina of Time developers.

I'm personally more miffed by the fact that, unless I'm doing something wrong, you can just stun him for a second by hitting him in the forehead then roll under his legs.

Was there a cute picture cleanse happening earlier? @Mr. Wario clued me in. Well I have something to show all of ya to somewhat relate.

Guess what I got my niece for Christmas!!!

You're a top tier uncle Zinith. Here's something for you, i've found it earlier:

or just a metal gear. a metal gear boss fight would have been great
Damn man! You just go from controversial opinion to best opinion ever just like that! STOP!

My heart can't stand this roller coaster of emotions...
:p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think Rathalos is easily the funnest boss fight by far. Attacks are telegraphed to he feels feel fair but he's not too easy like Marx or Galleom, he has no annoying weak point gimmick like Ganon or Dracula, and he doesn't overwhelm you with chaos like the Master/Crazy hand duo or the true final boss.

What no I'm not biased for saying the dragon is the best boss, you're biased. Get off my case.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
My GSP when I win rises by like 12 but when I lose it sinks like 100k.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why do we not have Metal Gear Rex as a boss fight, like COME ON.

IT'S IN THE TITLE OF THE SERIES.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You're a top tier uncle Zinith. Here's something for you, i've found it earlier:

Damn man! You just go from controversial opinion to best opinion ever just like that! STOP!

My heart can't stand this roller coaster of emotions...
:p
Thank you very much!!! :yoshi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

dude there are like 248 metal gears it aint just about rex, you're just asking for a liquid snake boss riding Rex

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
dude there are like 248 metal gears it aint just about rex, you're just asking for a liquid snake boss riding Rex
Rex is the one people give the most ****s about.

You don't hear anyone talking about how they love Excelsus or Arsenal

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

RAY looks kinda cool

I'd honestly rather have Senator Armstrong on that large ass mech than REX if I'm being honest.

I'm not makin any johns here.

I acknowledge the fact that the reason I suck so severely comes purely from a lack of skill. I just have to try my best to improve.
I'm saying no johns allowed, not that you were using johns. big difference. :drflip:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
controversial opinion: if porky isn't dlc they should have just made him a boss and replace galleom
When I first saw Galleom in the WoL I trailer I was like "Oh cool Everyboss Is Here too! They're gonna bring back all the Brawl bosses!"

But then the game came out and we for some reason got Galleom, but DIDN'T get Porky or Rayquaza, I was like "WTF? Why would you do that! If you aren't bringing back EVERY boss, then you damn sure don't bring back the dumb Smash OC bosses nobody cares about!"

RAY looks kinda cool

I'd honestly rather have Senator Armstrong on that large *** mech than REX if I'm being honest.
That's dumb.

This game NEEDS:
Liquid Snake driving Metal Gear REX
Eggman driving Death Egg Robot
Dr. Wily driving Wily Machine

Also, Liquid Snake, Shadow and Bass echoes.

All in one villainous update!

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
To be honest, I'm glad they brought Galleom back from Brawl. Mixed feelings on SSE aside, it was nice to have a nod from the mode in the game since it was the original try at a big story mode, and of the bosses from the game he's IMO the most memorable of the OCs and one of the funner bosses in general, so it was nice to have him come back with some updates.

Really, I just wish World of Light had more bosses in general then them replacing any of the currently existing ones. The WoL bosses were fun to fight and felt very faithful to their origins down to the smallest of details (ex. compare Ganon's defeat animation in OoT to WoL's), so I would've liked to have seen more bosses like Porky brought in and get the same treatment. It also would've helped in breaking up the constant Spirit fights, which while pretty cleverly made in their own right can get tedious due to repetition.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
To be honest, I'm glad they brought Galleom back from Brawl. Mixed feelings on SSE aside, it was nice to have a nod from the mode in the game since it was the original try at a big story mode
The spirits would have been a sufficient nod. That boss slot should have gone to a REAL character.

Really, I just wish World of Light had more bosses in general then them replacing any of the currently existing ones. The WoL bosses were fun to fight and felt very faithful to their origins down to the smallest of details (ex. compare Ganon's defeat animation in OoT to WoL's), so I would've liked to have seen more bosses like Porky brought in and get the same treatment. It also would've helped in breaking up the constant Spirit fights, which while pretty cleverly made in their own right can get tedious due to repetition.
It also would have added a little more variety to Classic mode. I love that not everyone fights Master Hand now, but, like, 3 quarters of the cast still does.

Something simply like Mother Brain or Medusa would not only serve as logical bosses for Metroid and Kid Icarus characters, but for something like Isabelle's "only fighting girls" theme.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

I am surprised a Metal Gear isn't a boss considering they have models they could have used from the Shadow Moses stage. Guess they didn't want two Konami bosses and Dracula is cooler to have.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, when I found out that Build-A-Bear Workshop was making Yoshi plushes, I flipped my **** and told myself "Yeah, I'm getting that for Segan (my niece)!!!

And maybe one for myself when I get back home."

:yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, when I found out that Build-A-Bear Workshop was making Yoshi plushes, I flipped my **** and told myself "Yeah, I'm getting that for Segan (my niece)!!!

You sound like one of those uncles that totally buys toys for their nieces, definitely not for themselves.

...I might be talking from experience

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I am surprised a Metal Gear isn't a boss considering they have models they could have used from the Shadow Moses stage. Guess they didn't want two Konami bosses and Dracula is cooler to have.
It's kinda weird that Dracula is currently the ONLY 3P boss in the game(Edit: Forgot about Rathalos).

I mean, I love me some Dracula but Dr. Wily or Eggman are probably a lot more popular. Also Sephiroth, but they can't seem to secure anything else from FF...

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean, I love me some Dracula but Dr. Wily or Eggman are probably a lot more popular. .
You'd think they'd use the Wily Castle stage+Wily's AT to make a quick and easy* boss, but no.

*easy to make, of course, not fight.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

You're doing it right.

When I have my own disposable income i'm 100% supplying my nieces and nephews with a surplus of Pokemon. Whether my sisters like it or not.

I just have to try my best to improve.
I believe in you Noipoi, never give up, trust your instinct!

Look at this guy, he's not giving up.

Don't stop believing!

RAY looks kinda cool

I'd honestly rather have Senator Armstrong on that large *** mech than REX if I'm being honest.
It's quite simple, what we really need is 2 old men, each of them get a Metal Gear and they battle the **** out of each other...
...oh you were talking about Smash Bosses, my bad, then any form of Metal Gear would do just fine :p

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well my sister (my niece's mom) thinks it's the best present for her, so I at least have that support :yoshi:
Oh, so it runs in the family

It's nice that you can share this stuff with your relatives, I'm pretty sure my mother hates video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom