• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Few days ago I stumbled upon the 'Shadow for Smash' fella on Twitter

Asking your followers to call Nintendo's Customers Service to convince them to add Shadow is pretty low

Some people just don't see their wrong doings huh

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Peach has a great taunt. Dunno if "Hi, I'm Daisy" is there, but if it is, then that's great for both memes and annoyance.

Also, Pauline is good; Odyssey did great.

I still think Rosalina is just more of my preferred gal out of them all though.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Peach has a great taunt. Dunno if "Hi, I'm Daisy" is there, but if it is, then that's great for both memes and annoyance.

The "Hi, I'm Daisy" thing for her is gone. It was annoying to me, but it was still part of her character...

Sort of. When it's remembered enough, sure.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Why do I have this feeling that whenever I get the message that a communication error has occurred in a Battle Arena, I actually got kicked out by the host?

Iridium

Smash Hero
It was in one game tho
It's still recognizable. Something you can remember when you think of her, at least to me. Maybe that's not the case for a lot of people, then.

But I do love how Link's new taunt is based on this iconic moment. Obviously faster, but it can be seen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finally.

The one person who'll save competitive Smash.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Iridium

Smash Hero
Some ICs stuff. A pretty specific bug that makes them unable to be grabbed. So specific, it isn't something you would see too often in a normal match. More details in the rest of the thread.

I think I stopped caring about balance looking at this.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Nope, no "Hi, I'm Daisy!" at all.
The "Hi, I'm Daisy" thing for her is gone. It was annoying to me, but it was still part of her character...
Not really, it was only in Mario Kart: Double Dash and that's it.
Seriously. It's like people hallucinate her saying that more than once to fit their portrayal of a character.
Yeah..its weird..its not like Waluigi's "wah" where it's used in multiple games.
Daisy only said it in Double Dash and it was only a meme here in the West, I doubt it had any significance in Japan.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Nope, no "Hi, I'm Daisy!" at all.

Not really, it was only in Mario Kart: Double Dash and that's it.

Yeah..its weird..its not like Waluigi's "wah" where it's used in multiple games.
Daisy only said it in Double Dash and it was only a meme here in the West, I doubt it had any significance in Japan.
All I meant was that it was memorable to me, not other people, I guess now. Not that it was prominent at all.

Okay...I see how my post looked the first time, but still...

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Just a thought: With Custom Balance being able to affect each character, competitive smash can just apply that while waiting for patches. Also, when all of the glitches get removed, Ultimate will be a relatively balanced game.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i made a "most likely" (top) and "dream" (bottom) list for the dlc

banjo is there because i couldn't think of a fifth character that could actually happen that i don't like. edelgard represents a first party character i don't care about

and yes i would rather have more metroid over banjo

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Some ICs stuff. A pretty specific bug that makes them unable to be grabbed. So specific, it isn't something you would see too often in a normal match. More details in the rest of the thread.

I think I stopped caring about balance looking at this.
Heh, I love how many bugs the Ice Climbers have, lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just a thought: With Custom Balance being able to affect each character, competitive smash can just apply that while waiting for patches. Also, when all of the glitches get removed, Ultimate will be a relatively balanced game.
Ehhh custom balance REALLY doesn't work as then the community would have to decide on how much it should be applied as if untounched is counted as a stage, there are 7 stages of custom balance

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Ehhh custom balance REALLY doesn't work as then the community would have to decide on how much it should be applied as if untounched is counted as a stage, there are 7 stages of custom balance
Does custom balance affect things like frame data, hitbox size, and jump height, or just attack power and knockback resistance (or even just attack power)? If it's limited in scope, then I can't see it doing much to fix "hopeless-tier" characters like Kirby or Bayonetta, or tone down "holy **** can't touch this" characters like Chrom.

By the way, I figured someone might be interested in this compilation:
I lol'd at Snake's "literally infinite to the point of KO'ing himself off the top" vertical recovery.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Does custom balance affect things like frame data, hitbox size, and jump height, or just attack power and knockback resistance (or even just attack power)? If it's limited in scope, then I can't see it doing much to fix "hopeless-tier" characters like Kirby or Bayonetta, or tone down "holy **** can't touch this" characters like Chrom.

By the way, I figured someone might be interested in this compilation:
I lol'd at Snake's "literally infinite to the point of KO'ing himself off the top" vertical recovery.
Custom Balance, as far as I'm aware, only increases and reduces damage dealt. Obviously, positive values increase it, while negative values decrease it. Pretty much nothing else. Basically, it's like the Handicap, but for damage instead of %.

As for that video, at least somebody remembered Link's bombs explode after 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I started Persona 5 thanks to one of my roomies gifting it to me and just got Ann and her Persona...

Is Joker in Smash yet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom