• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Thank you! I know he’s one of my mains but I still wanna get better with him so I can pull off crazy **** like this

Did that guy just wall of pain as Pac-Man?!
Custom Balance, as far as I'm aware, only increases and reduces damage dealt. Obviously, positive values increase it, while negative values decrease it. Pretty much nothing else. Basically, it's like the Handicap, but for damage instead of %.

As for that video, at least somebody remembered Link's bombs explode after 30 seconds.
So... it does nothing for characters who can't land hits. R.I.P. Kirby.

D

Deleted member

Nope, no "Hi, I'm Daisy!" at all.

Not really, it was only in Mario Kart: Double Dash and that's it.

Yeah..its weird..its not like Waluigi's "wah" where it's used in multiple games.
Daisy only said it in Double Dash and it was only a meme here in the West, I doubt it had any significance in Japan.
While i don't care about Daisy, i don't really hate the character.

However, both her haters and fanboys annoy me in a similar way that the Raimi fanboys and haters did with Spider-Man PS4.

What should have been a neat celebration of a newcomer became a hate-fest towards Waluigi fans and a war between both sides that wasn't needed. Without mentioning people like Memoryman3 (in the case of the Raimi suit in Spider-Man PS4 was The Amazing Lucas, a twitter user that harassed and spammed many Insomniac devs and at the moment he doesn't want to apologize from the crap he did to them).

My stance? I don't care about the character, but i am happy and suppportive towards the Daisy fans that act and behave like peaceful and respectful people (i see you as one of these, btw). Besides, i was angry about another thing when she was revealed, so i didn't get any effect from her.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Holy **** some people are straight up being douche bags in Battle Arenas

Playing a 2 v 1 isn't fun at all
Are you looking for teams or FFA?

If FFA; well it is the nature of online FFAs, sadly.
If teams: Lol that the game can even start without four players.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Sorry for posting something out of the topic here but, i wanna talk about this

Digimon Survive will launch worldwide in 2019, and for Nintendo Switch as well.
We don't have a launch date, and no news for months now.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc3JZBDOpik

The Digimon reddit was speculating that they would show the realease date on a Nintendo Direct.
And that day would be great to put Agumon in Smash.
And would be great since Digimon Survive is part of the commemorations for the 20th anniversary of Digimon Adventure.
Maybe putting Agumon in Smash would be part of the commemorations as well.

What you guys think?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
No.
But they knew when to use that cape too well.
Mario isn't the only character with a reflector, though. He also doesn't have an inherent advantage against Samus. I think you are just bad at the match up.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Are you looking for teams or FFA?

If FFA; well it is the nature of online FFAs, sadly.
If teams: Lol that the game can even start without four players.
Team Matches; usually there's a free for all with three people 'till a fourth one arrives. It's also made worse when friendly fire isn't on as they can't accidentally harm each other

The worst part is their repeated taunting after I lost a stock

It's not even genuinely taunting, the way those people do it in that situation just leaves a bad taste in one's mouth with them continuously taunting until I have fully re-spawned

Eh, when I think about it I'd rather have that than For Glory situations with people putting the emphasis on that I suck and that I should kill myself with the name tags.

They can get in trouble for that as it goes against the "dont gang up on one player" rule
Does that apply to Battle Arena though?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Team Matches; usually there's a free for all with three people 'till a fourth one arrives. It's also made worse when friendly fire isn't on as they can't accidentally harm each other

The worst part is their repeated taunting after I lost a stock

It's not even genuinely taunting, the way those people do it in that situation just leaves a bad taste in one's mouth with them continuously taunting until I have fully re-spawned

Eh, when I think about it I'd rather have that than For Glory situations with people putting the emphasis on that I suck and that I should kill myself with the name tags.
It's stuff like this that can make me lose interest in fighting game online communities, honestly. That kind of behavior is what soured me on Smash Wii U's online. Sorry that happened to ya, people can be the worst sometimes.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's stuff like this that can make me lose interest in fighting game online communities, honestly. That kind of behavior is what soured me on Smash Wii U's online. Sorry that happened to ya, people can be the worst sometimes.
Thats why I dont mind no taunting online minus arenas. where they are apprently allowed which cause **** like that to happen

D

Deleted member

Off-topic, but i am curious to see your thoughts:

Don't you think that Peach's Castle in SM65 and SMO looks like a N64 when looking closer at it?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Off-topic, but i am curious to see your thoughts:

Don't you think that Peach's Castle in SM65 and SMO looks like a N64 when looking closer at it?
Yes, this is off-topic, one of the social threads might be a better place to ask.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah there's still plenty of iconic gen 1 pokemon left and Meowth, Eevee and Dragonite could all be pretty cool, but I'm satisfied with what we have now.

On the flipside I think Gen 1 favoritism is totally justified since it's the one people are most familiar with, and I think it's also a bit silly to be too caught up on "equal representation". As cool as Incineroar and Greninja are they'll never be half as iconic as Charizard and Squirtle to the general masses. Gen 1 simply has the most broad appeal, especially since Pokemon games are typically backwards compatible and Gen 1 Pokemon will always be relevant because of that.
Exactly. If people here really are tired of Gen 1 favoritism or pandering, it would show in sales. Obviously people are not tired of Gen 1 like they claim to be when Pokémon Let’s Go sales show otherwise.

With that said, Team Rocket Meowth for Smash! :052::023::109:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It's harder for some to handle a loss in a fighting game unfortunately since you can't blame any teammates

So winning opponents get to witness the whole package one has in store

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I didn't know Ultra Sword and Masked Dedede were in games made by Sakurai.
I didn't know Ultra Sword and Masked Dedede were playable characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
i just

i want more kirby in smash

i'll take literally anything at this point
Same here.

Just about any of the Dream Friends fromStar Allies would be amazing. With the exception of the Mage Sisters they've all appeared in multiple games now so they're prominent.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
The next Kirby character is probably Marx, Sakurai is telegraphing it with the hat. Unless he doesn't direct the next game, then who knows. But it is a bit weird how we talk about "Sakurai bias" in terms of Kirby surviving, Palutena etc, but if any other person at Nintendo were directing this game, there would probably be two more Kirby characters by now.

D

Deleted member

I feel that in the case we get a new Kirby rep, it would be Bandana Dee as much as i dislike the character.

He’s the only one left in Smash from the main cast of the modern Kirby games (he appears in the 95% of them alongside Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight at important roles).

Besides that, the people who claim that Sakurai hates stuff from Modern Kirby are probably the same or at least not different from the ones who claim that Crash Bandicoot is disliked inside of Nintendo Japan (even when we know stuff like Miyamoto’s relationship with Andy Gabin and Jason Rubin back before Crash 1 released on stores).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom