• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
My GSP when I win rises by like 12 but when I lose it sinks like 100k.
I literally won the first match I had with Isabelle and my GSP is already 1.6 million, blowing right past Lucina who I've used the most. I'm just sitting here like...

I don't understand GSP.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My GSP when I win rises by like 12 but when I lose it sinks like 100k.
Remember that it's relative to the GSP of your opponent. The lower it is compared to your GSP the less GSP you'll get for winning.
I literally won the first match I had with Isabelle and my GSP is already 1.6 million, blowing right past Lucina who I've used the most. I'm just sitting here like...

I don't understand GSP.
It seems really volatile for your first match with a character. I played one match with Riddles and one with Bowser for the first time today. Lost the one with Riddles and lost around 4,000 GSP but won one with Bowser and gained about 3,00 bringing him up to almost the same amount I have for Pokemon Trainer.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone gotten Ditto to appear during an 8-player match? I've seen him pop up during a 6 and 7 player match respectively, but it took a while for each. I think he's a rare summon. I've done so many 8-player matches but still haven't seen him spawn.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
This might be the problem. Certain ATs/Poke Balls get disabled in certain conditions, such as performance reasons.
I know. I've seen the Smash wiki and some Pokemon/ATs don't appear on certain stages no matter how or small the match is. Unfortunately, there is no such data for Ditto yet. I did get the Moon AT to finally show up in 8-player smash in New Pork City. Jury is still out on Ditto. I was testing on something less demanding like Final Destination but it didn't show up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wish that you could decide which Assist Trophies you want to appear in a match outside of Training mode.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Remind me not to play Smash Ultimate online in handheld mode, a few hours past my normal bed time, while my hands are still sore from work and bicycling. It makes for a very frustrating experience. I told myself I shouldn't but I just kept thinking about how much I wanted to play Smash as I was trying to go to sleep.

...On that note I just broke 1.7 million GSP even in my current condition. If I keep it up I should hopefully get into Elite Smash tomorrow.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So uh, being sleep deprived and having a little sugar in my system, I noticed that Daisy's bangs look a bit like a mustache.
Never let a sleep-deprived Zach have an image editing tool.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
So I would like some insight here on Daisy.

What about her makes her better than Peach to some people? Why is she more interesting?

Can be aa basic or complex as anyone wants to give.

Similarly, the same questions but for Mario Vs. Luigi.

I know that character personalities and stuff can sometimes influence mains, so that's why I ask.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion

What about her makes her better than Peach to some people? Why is she more interesting?

I know that character personalities and stuff can sometimes influence mains, so that's why I ask.
Gameplay wise? Same as Peach.

Ezegengar15

Smash Rookie

Its because she is Daisy
That's its

D

Deleted member

I've yet to hear about a real gameplay difference between Daisy and Peach, unlike Mario and Luigi who has developed to play very differently from each other.

So for the Princesses I think the main incentive is which one you find the most charming. I'm more inclined for Peach myself. My guess is that people like Daisy a lot because of her energetic, go-getter tomboyish personality.

And for the bros characteristics are also a part of it, but if you also pick mains based on how their gameplay align with your playstyle, that's probably way more of a factor.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Dunno, I prefer Peach.

As for Mario vs Luigi, I mostly play as Doc, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom