• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I'm surprised none of the newcomers in Ultimate have a Smash Taunt or a damaging taunt.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm surprised none of the newcomers in Ultimate have a Smash Taunt or a damaging taunt.
Aren't Luigi and Greninja the onoy ones with damaging taunts tho? I'll never understand why Greninja though, like, Luigi is a joke but Greninja is just being useless

osby

Smash Obsessed
Aren't Luigi and Greninja the onoy ones with damaging taunts tho? I'll never understand why Greninja though, like, Luigi is a joke but Greninja is just being useless

Snake have both his box and Codecs. And Fox (like every Star Fox fighter) can activate conversations on some Star Fox stages.

And leave Greninja alone, he just likes to show off

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Because damaging taunts are hype as ****.

Go look at Street Fighter III.

Troykv

Smash Master
I would like to see a Micaiah Mii Custome; I would buy it without a doubt, and learn to master whatever Mii Custome she ends up being.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I would like to see a Micaiah Mii Custome; I would buy it without a doubt, and learn to master whatever Mii Custome she ends up being.
I'm surprised we don't have a Mii Mage at this point considering with characters like Zelda, Robin, Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo, etc etc filling that role quite well.

Plus it makes more sense than Ashely being a swordfighter or whatever.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm surprised we don't have a Mii Mage at this point considering with characters like Zelda, Robin, Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo, etc etc filling that role quite well.

Plus it makes more sense than Ashely being a swordfighter or whatever.
Mii Gunner already takes moves from Zelda, Robin and Ness.

I guess the three we have already fills enough archetypes: close combatant, spacer, zoner

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
K. Rool's side taunt has the same super armor as most of his moves, if that counts for anything.

osby

Smash Obsessed
this is from my own experience

dan hibiki mii just reached elite and most of my wins are from counters
It might be just people not knowing Mii Brawler has a counter.

Though, I agree, it seems pretty powerful.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
why is mii brawler's counter busted as hell
I remember fishing for up airs against mii brawler and he activated his counter. I was like "Eh, I'm like 5 feet below him, there's no way it'll hit" right before I teleported into his hands and exploded.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I remember fishing for up airs against mii brawler and he activated his counter. I was like "Eh, I'm like 5 feet below him, there's no way it'll hit" right before I teleported into his hands and exploded.
EVO 2019 semi finals is just Mii Fighter dittos, quote me.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
controversial opinion: if porky isn't dlc they should have just made him a boss and replace galleom

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hey, do any of you guys know the best way to get the Zero (character from Mega Man) and Rapidash Spirits? They’re the last two I need to complete my spirit collection, and then i’ll truly feel like i’ve completed this game!

Zero I have to level up, and Rapidash I have to summon with. Just growing a tad impatient with the spirit collecting is all, considering i’m so close!

osby

Smash Obsessed
controversial opinion: if porky isn't dlc they should have just made him a boss and replace galleom
"This town is too small for two bosses."

Anyway, place your bets, which stages fighter pass ones will replace? Or music? I just hope Joker doesn't replace one of my mains.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"This town is too small for two bosses."

Anyway, place your bets, which stages fighter pass ones will replace? Or music? I just hope Joker doesn't replace one of my mains.
Wait, I don't understand the question. What exactly is getting replaced here? Aren't there empty stage and music slots anyhow? And besides they can just add more room if necessary.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait, I don't understand the question. What exactly is getting replaced here? Aren't there empty stage and music slots anyhow? And besides they can just add more room if necessary.
Apparently, in order to add Porky to the game, they have to remove Galleom. I figured out same thing applies to music and stages.

it's a joke

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Apparently, in order to add Porky to the game, they have to remove Galleom. I figured out same thing applies to music and stages.

it's a joke
no i'm more saying that, if porky isn't dlc, they should have made him a boss instead of galleom

answer me this, does anybody truly care about galleom as a character? having two smash based bosses in world of light just feels weird when that's not the case for anything else

also porky's boss fight in brawl was better don't @ me

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
no i'm more saying that, if porky isn't dlc, they should have made him a boss instead of galleom

answer me this, does anybody truly care about galleom as a character? having two smash based bosses in world of light just feels weird when that's not the case for anything else

also porky's boss fight in brawl was better don't @ me
I actually really liked Galleom in Brawl. He has a cool design.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I actually really liked Galleom in Brawl. He has a cool design.
like he's fine? i love transforming robots but i really would have preferred an actual character be a boss over him

or just a metal gear. a metal gear boss fight would have been great

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>on my rank-up match using big main mac
>against ridley
>easypeasy.jpg
>ridleycides me 10 seconds in but he recovers
>gimps me 10 seconds later
>"oh **** he's an actually good ridley"
>dont think im gonna make it but i "never give up™" like those pansy SDers
>fight anyway
>able to take out two of his stocks and im surprised as hell
>im at 60% and i could get knocked out with any clean blow
>take more damage with enough to make a KO punch
>im going down
>ridley is charging up smash
>fast fall as hard as i could and then spam the **** out of b
>ridley's up-smash goes off
>KO punch hits first because i was on his left, ridley's u-smash starts on the right
>win and get to elite smash

316216.png

Well that was one hell of a comeback experience.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ugh, I finally get home and decide to get some online matches just like I've been wanting to all day and I get greeted by an abnormal amount of input lag. I'm missing all of my techs and failing to perfect shield projectile spammers because of it. And yes, I do have a lan adapter.

Hopefully I'll have better luck online tomorrow since I'm off for the next three days, but I'm worried that holiday internet is going to be a bit of a pain.
My Global Smash Power is abysmal :laugh:
I don't even know what a good GSP is supposed to even look like. How do I even know if mine is good or not?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom