• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I'm still really confused about Porky. I don't think he'll be a DLC boss or Spirit, but he also wouldn't exactly be big enough for a fighter unless they were doing something like bringing Mother 3.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The biggest multi-media franchise in the world has a few characters more than the rest, right up there with Mario. The biggest game series ever.
THERE'S TOO MANY!!!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
i can safely tell you that most ideas ive seen for pokemon movesets have been Pretty Bad
That's likely because they weren't trying hard enough...

Sakurai has done an amazing job on nailing the the feel of each Pokemon in Smash...

I want to see what movesets he could make with Pokemon like Victini, Eevee, or even Psyduck...

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Still missing Lyn.
Still missing Hector.
Still missing Eevee.
Still missing Gen 3 and 5 (but I'm not so desperate for that I'd take Gardetelle)
I'd hate to be that guy, but every franchise will always be "missing" someone.

When Mario gets Waluigi, it will still be missing Toad. After Toad, Mario fans will find some other popular character like Pauline to rally behind. I'm not saying people shouldn't "support" these characters, but if your goal is to "complete" the roster then it will never happen, especially not with franchises with as many characters as Pokemon as FE. Just look at Kirby. People said it was "complete" after Dedede and Metaknight, but there's still people who are saying it won't be complete until Waddle Dee gets in.

Let's say we get Lyn and Hector next game. There will still be Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Leif, Seliph, Ephraim, Eirika, Tiki, The Black Knight, Eliwood, Micaiah, and heck even the likes of Garnef. Not to mention you already have people rallying behind Edelgarde when her game isn't even out yet. Fire Emblem's roster will never be "complete".

I still think it's cool to hope for these things and there's definitely some FE characters and Pokemon I'd like to see in Smash but I think it's also important to accept that perfect representation isn't even possible.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Sakurai adds characters because they are fun. Sakurai thought Corrin's dragon stuff would be fun, and it is. Sakurai thought Inceneroar's wrestling stuff would be fun, and it is. It's a game first and foremost, and Sakurai is going to put a fun experience over fulfilling arbitrary fan rules/requests.

Untouch

Smash Master
Why does the Nintendo accolades trailer have Smash Bros rated E to Teen?
I just noticed that, I don't think it's something to do with Online play, Mario Kart 8 doesn't have it.
It's not something to do with the fact that it's E10, Breath of the Wild doesn't have it.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I'm still really confused about Porky. I don't think he'll be a DLC boss or Spirit, but he also wouldn't exactly be big enough for a fighter unless they were doing something like bringing Mother 3.
the only reason i can think why porky isn't a spirit is because spoilers i guess?? never mind the fact that the previous two games spoiled it completely, and that ultimate itself spoils the entire twist of who the masked man is

and even the spoiler excuse is flawed because it could have just been porky from mother 2? like before he turns evil? have it be ness and wario on onett and wario ruuns away or something, it isn't difficult to fit him in

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
He's turning out to be a secondary star of Yoshi's games as far as I'm aware.
As someone who doesn't buy into even the whole Sylux deal, I have to shake my head at this.

I won't claim that the Yoshi series doesn't have its fanbase, but Poochy, by extension another Mario character (even showed up in Odyssey) is gonna be more a Pirahna Plant, and one without the first-time shock at that.

What even about him screams all those things that Reggie claimed anyway?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So you're saying he's the potential secondary pick.
To the secondary character star.
Of a secondary Nintendo series.

Zin please man. I love the dog too but this just isn't it.
Look, I'm not saying Poochy is likely (I know you'll comb my words to try to find it, but it ain't there aside from jokes). I'm saying that he shouldn't be discounted due to some gatekeeper rules. I want to stop this conversation, but you're not letting me Luigi the Prez...

Also Yoshi isn't the secondary star of his own series

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Look, I'm not saying Poochy is likely (I know you'll comb my words to try to find it, but it ain't there aside from jokes). I'm saying that he shouldn't be discounted due to some gatekeeper rules. I want to stop this conversation, but you're not letting me Luigi the Prez...

Also Yoshi isn't the secondary star of his own series
...How is this my fault? You didn't even reply to my own post...I'm replying when you go to others about Poochy.
Also I don't really...see where you imply he isn't likely, you seem decently confident in him, but I won't shove words in your mouth.

Sorry if I came off as rude-rough night. But for the record, I really do love the dog; heck I made him a moveset back in the day.
Don't stop believing.

BTW, what I was saying was that he's a secondary character starring in his own series.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Villager just watched a lot of TV and played a lot of NES games and that's how he learned to fight. It's why he's so dangerous; he never had any formal training.

Convince me otherwise.
Doesn't explain Isabelle literally using her fishing rod as a weapon of mass destruction.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Throwing the bone out there. Sakurai started with :ultpiranha: as something out there. What if he ends the DLC with a surprise (Hence the 6th empty slot) that's also out there which is Poochy. Both which are from Nintendo while the other five are all DLC.

Eh? Eh? ;)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Doesn't explain Isabelle literally using her fishing rod as a weapon of mass destruction.
Isabelle channels her inner anger at the trials of life all into that Fishing Rod, she's done it for years. Whenever she gets home from a stressful day at work she picks up that Fishing Rod and goes to town. Breaks whatever she can find with it. When she got that letter, she knew what she had to to.

She picked up that Fishing Rod, and went to town.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Isabelle packed whatever she could find on the way out because she was so excited to be in Smash Bros. (hence the fishing rod and pom poms) and is just kind of making stuff up as she goes. Some of it is from Villager because he seems to know what he's doing, and the rest of it is since she's a dog she already has some natural fighting instincts so the stuff she makes up on her own works really well.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
MY MAN
View attachment 183361
Sinnoh remakes on the way, they have no idea what's coming.
I have been waiting YEARS for it. To go full circle by transferring my Torterra of ten years back to his old region will be probably the most beautiful moment in gaming for me.

Pls give Torterra better stats in the remake

stealing that image by the way

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Isabelle packed whatever she could find on the way out because she was so excited to be in Smash Bros. (hence the fishing rod and pom poms) and is just kind of making stuff up as she goes. Some of it is from Villager because he seems to know what he's doing, and the rest of it is since she's a dog she already has some natural fighting instincts so the stuff she makes up on her own works really well.
tho she picked the crappy hammer compared to punching

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Isabelle channels her inner anger at the trials of life all into that Fishing Rod, she's done it for years. Whenever she gets home from a stressful day at work she picks up that Fishing Rod and goes too town. Breaks whatever she can find with it. When she got that letter, she knew what she had to to.

She picked up that Fishing Rod, and went to town.
This should have been WoL's story.

11/10, now my accepted head-canon.

I still wonder how the Inklings talk to anyone. Maybe the AC characters understand them? They are kinda related, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom