• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Alright guys, here's Zachmac's official DLC predictions list.

- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE

Inb4 "but a promotional FE character is obligatory lock because Corrin" comments.
> assuming FE will get nothing

The influence never leaves...

I don’t really have any particular characters in mind, but I think it would be cool if we could get a moveset based around leeching health. Sure Robin and Wario have attacks that heal themselves, but it would interesting to see a playstyle with life-steal for a bunch of moves.

It might run the risk of being frustrating or snowbally, but maybe they could power up to get small life-steal on all of their attacks for a short duration.

Divorced from who the actual characters are, what kind of mechanics or play styles do you want to see with the DLC characters?
For Impa this time, maybe she could take some inspiration from this moveset (obviously toned down).

I dig it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I am just so tired of seeing people suggest that if Nintendo were to allow a competitor to get a character in Smash that they would settle for the old character that barely left any legacy beyond "I liked that game as a kid!" and not one of the two characters who shaped gaming to what it is today. In fact it tires me so much I'm going to bed now
What characters
Who we vaguing about queen

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Poochy is a possibility to possibility promote Crafted World. I'm just saying. That and he hasn't been seen as a Spirit.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Alright guys, here's Zachmac's official DLC predictions list.

- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE

Inb4 "but a promotional FE character is obligatory lock because Corrin" comments.
"Yeah well uh, Corrin really spooked me and did you know that Roy was a promotional character in Melee? That means that a DLC character will come from a game coming out in 2019 that's only had a singular trailer in the past two years."
People fearmonger Edelgard/Byleth way too hard, they have nothing to worry about.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
If we do get a Dark Souls rep, I don't think it'll be Solaire. He's iconic for the series, but he just got an Amiibo a couple months ago, so making one for Dark Souls and then having to make another one for Smash might be redundant.

I think we'd get Artorias instead. He's got a unique design and some interesting moveset potential, while still also being one of the series' most iconic characters.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Poochy is a possibility to possibility promote Crafted World. I'm just saying. That and he hasn't been seen as a Spirit.
No way Poochy is DLC. He just doesn’t have the star power though.

Yarn Poochy (the spirit) is amazing in WoL though, so consilation for Poochy fans

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm pushing an Undertale character so hard right now because I know it's very unlikely, so if my prediction comes through there'll be tons of proof that I called it and i'll have bragging rights until the end of time.
Honestly if we get an Undertale character I'll be there with you. Despite the cancer fanbase Undertale is an amazing game, and if any indie game has a chance, it's Undertale.
Solaire, though? I'd expect the DS3 protag; Solaire's never even been a protagonist, just a pretty important character in one game, albeit a very popular one. DON'T note how similar that is to Geno y'all know it's different,
Dark Souls rep then. I dunno. I'm getting Dark Souls Remastered for Christmas and that's my first Dark Souls game so I don't know anything.
I am just so tired of seeing people suggest that if Nintendo were to allow a competitor to get a character in Smash that they would settle for the old character that barely left any legacy beyond "I liked that game as a kid!" and not one of the two characters who shaped gaming to what it is today. In fact it tires me so much I'm going to bed now
Banjo does have a vocal fanbase that knew where to direct their voices though. Like, they lit a fire under Phil Spencer, and he's on board so it's possible.

Of course I see Minecraft as way more likely, but Minecraft is largely taboo within speculation forums such as these, so I'll save my argument. for Speculation Post #4

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i think its just suspicious that they have yarn poochy but not normal poochy

and i know yarn poochy is basically just a poochy fight but like, why not just have it be standard poochy artwork and not specifically yarn poochy

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
wat, B-K was among the top 10 best-selling N64 games, and Nintendo put B-K alongside Mario, DK, and Pikachu on some special box thing.

I mean, we all like what we want, but I wouldn't say it had no legacy/impact at all, lot's even find it like an alternative to SM64.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly if we get an Undertale character I'll be there with you. Despite the cancer fanbase Undertale is an amazing game, and if any indie game has a chance, it's Undertale.

Dark Souls rep then. I dunno. I'm getting Dark Souls Remastered for Christmas and that's my first Dark Souls game so I don't know anything.

Banjo does have a vocal fanbase that knew where to direct their voices though. Like, they lit a fire under Phil Spencer, and he's on board so it's possible.

Of course I see Minecraft as way more likely, but Minecraft is largely taboo within speculation forums such as these, so I'll save my argument. for Speculation Post #4
Yea, I'd just say the Chosen Undead for now and not Solaire.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Solaire, though? I'd expect the DS3 protag; Solaire's never even been a protagonist, just a pretty important character in one game, albeit a very popular one. DON'T note how similar that is to Geno y'all know it's different,
This is just the opinion of one DS fan, but Solaire is the character of the series. Really memorable, really likeable, and I think most recognizable.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's going to be the chosen undead who can switch between a straight sword style, an acrobatic curved sword style, a magic staff style, and a spear style at will. At 100% percentage he gets access to the greatsword style.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
The next Character reveal trailer will start with a shot just like this:

But then it slowly and silently zoom out until it is rather small. Nothing else is visible.

Then the sound of a lightswitch is heard flicking on, and we are greeted with the view of our latest newcomer.

Sans stands there for a moment, awkwardly, before winking and shrugging.
The trailer ends.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
wat, B-K was among the top 10 best-selling N64 games, and Nintendo put B-K alongside Mario, DK, and Pikachu on some special box thing.

I mean, we all like what we want, but I wouldn't say it had no legacy/impact at all.
Sure, but comparing it to the massive impact and legacy of Minecraft and Halo is a whole 'nother beast...

We're talking about two of the biggest gaming franchises in the world...

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I can't wait until the community is blind-sided AGAIN by the next reveal and speculation takes another 180.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This is just the opinion of one DS fan, but Solaire is the character of the series. Really memorable, really likeable, and I think most recognizable.
I mean yes he's pretty memorable and likable. But I'm not entirely sure we'd see a third party supporting character before the protagonist of a franchise.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What if we get Frisk, except he fights using attacks from all of the characters in Undertale?

So he's got like, Toriel's fire, Undyne's spears, Papyrus' bone attacks, Ness' Sans' Gaster Blasters, etc. Frisk keeps the knife though to represent the Genocide route though.

I'd love to see the possible implementation of Blue and Orange attacks. It'd be interesting if some of his attacks hit you only if you're moving or not moving.
The next Character reveal trailer will start with a shot just like this:

But then it slowly and silently zoom out until it is rather small. Nothing else is visible.

Then the sound of a lightswitch is heard flicking on, and we are greeted with the view of our latest newcomer.

Sans stands there for a moment, awkwardly, before winking and shrugging.
The trailer ends.
The first four notes of Megalovania play before the Smash logo appears.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i think its just suspicious that they have yarn poochy but not normal poochy

and i know yarn poochy is basically just a poochy fight but like, why not just have it be standard poochy artwork and not specifically yarn poochy
Because Yarn Poochy is where Poochy actually had a starring role?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
He has enough to get his own name on the title of the 3DS port of Woolly World (not to mention all the extra content centered around him and the Poochy amiibo)
As someone who's been advocating for Poochy for years now to an extent, we don't gotta try this.
He doesn't really have star power. To put things in perspective; the DLC was started with ****ing JOKER. A reveal like Poochy can't come near that, and Nintendo knows this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What if we get Frisk, except he fights using attacks from all of the characters in Undertale?

So he's got like, Toriel's fire, Undyne's spears, Papyrus' bone attacks, Ness' Sans' Gaster Blasters, etc. Frisk keeps the knife though to represent the Genocide route though.

I'd love to see the possible implementation of Blue and Orange attacks. It'd be interesting if some of his attacks hit you only if you're moving or not moving.
THAT'S EXACTLY MY IDEA, I LITERALLY THOUGHT THIS UP YESTERDAY

Are you in my mind? Are you reading my diary?

Roberk

Smash Champion

Nothing can replace THE Sans Undertale himself. It's him or nothing.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Nothing can replace THE Sans Undertale himself. It's him or nothing.
Sans is assist trophy material. Look into your heart and you'll see it is true.
THAT'S EXACTLY MY IDEA, I LITERALLY THOUGHT THIS UP YESTERDAY

Are you in my mind? Are you reading my diary?
I am thou, thou art I.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I mean yes he's pretty memorable and likable. But I'm not entirely sure we'd see a third party supporting character before the protagonist of a franchise.
Fair point though I think he would be more recognizable to people who haven’t played it because of “praise the sun”. He’s also kind of the face of the first game (retroactively anyway). He even has an amiibo

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sure, but comparing it to the massive impact and legacy of Minecraft and Halo is whole 'nother beast...

We're talking about two of the biggest gaming franchises in the world...
I don't really get why y'all compare completely different games. It's like saying Terraria ripped-off Minecraft.

B-K at least left an impact on the N64-era, and there are tons of fans clamoring for a new release that doesn't have cars and lack of 3D-platforming.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
New prediction.

-Banjo-Kazooie/Master Chief/Steve
-Dante/Monster Hunter
-Edririck
-Heihachi/KOS-MOS/Lloyd Irving

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Sans would fit way better as an assist trophy.
And Undertale would fit best getting no rep at all because the entire game is about violence not being the solution.

Fair point though I think he would be more recognizable to people who haven’t played it because of “praise the sun”. He’s also kind of the face of the first game (retroactively anyway). He even has an amiibo
Recognizable sure but my point still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom