• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have so many hopes for DLC, but I do guess I'll maintain my support for a new Zelda rep for once. Especially this powerhouse.

Yes, please. I'll take the complaints if she gets in, as long as she gets in. I need something to go right.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright guys, here's Zachmac's official DLC predictions list.

- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE

Inb4 "but a promotional FE character is obligatory lock because Corrin" comments.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
100% agree. Capcom is not only a juggernaut in the gaming industry, but clearly are fine working with Nintendo on Smash, considering the three characters, two stages and ****ton of music tracks, along with the beautiful recreation of SF2's arcade mode in WoL. Bandai having only Pac-Man despite the work they've put into both Smash 4 and Ultimate just doesn't make sense to me at all either.

I agree with Dante as most likely for Capcom, but I don't see Nightmare happening (although DAMN would he be badass). My opinion is that Bandai's rep is Solaire, and if that isn't happening then most likely Lloyd.

There's a part of me that would be even happier with Nero over Dante. Love both those guys though.
I could easily see our DLC being:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Steve
  • Dante
There are some unexpected picks that push the boundaries of Smash Bros. IMO.

Noipoi

Howdy!

- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE

Inb4 "but a promotional FE character is obligatory lock because Corrin" comments.
But a promotional FE character is obligatory lock because Corrin!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has anyone figured out what's the least amount of characters you are required to save in World of Light?

So far, in addition to our Pink starter, the mandatory joins I can remember are Mario, one of Marth/Sheik/Villager, Bowser, Young Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.

Did I miss any? For argument's sake, let's assume that we enter with one spirit that can't interact with map hazards.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Its the fact said character is deconfirmed
I thought Palkia being a Poke Ball Pokemon would deconfirm Spear Pillar, yet the stage could come back and have Palkia not spawn from Poke Balls. If that can happen, why can't a playable AT as DLC?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE
- Someone not from FE

But what about Twilight of the Gods??!!!

Opossum Opossum help me out here.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
100% agree. Capcom is not only a juggernaut in the gaming industry, but clearly are fine working with Nintendo on Smash, considering the three characters, two stages and ****ton of music tracks, along with the beautiful recreation of SF2's arcade mode in WoL. Bandai having only Pac-Man despite the work they've put into both Smash 4 and Ultimate just doesn't make sense to me at all either.

I agree with Dante as most likely for Capcom, but I don't see Nightmare happening (although DAMN would he be badass). My opinion is that Bandai's rep is Solaire, and if that isn't happening then most likely Lloyd.

There's a part of me that would be even happier with Nero over Dante. Love both those guys though.
Maybe Namco doesn’t want any other playable characters

D

Deleted member

Y'all have no taste. The Undertale rep is obviously gonna be best boy:

Papyrus.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I thought Palkia being a Poke Ball Pokemon would deconfirm Spear Pillar, yet the stage could come back and have Palkia not spawn from Poke Balls.
So it's gonna be Tingle then
Just because he's part of a stage doesn't mean he can't get in

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Maybe Namco doesn’t want any other playable characters
this is honestly likely? they're already making bank off the game, and third parties are mostly there for cross promotion (no matter how much people deny it) so i think they just let pac man be in there and then don't really want to do anything else?

maybe sakurai doesn't want to have any more bamco characters because he sees that as being too biased, like he did with kirby characters for the first two games

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
So here's an idea of mine I've had brewing in my head as of late:

Anti-Mii Costume Theory

Remember that theory that Mii Costumes were concessions for fans of characters who performed relatively well in the Ballot?

Throw that out the window for third parties. The Mii Costumes already exist, and they're going to be reused for this game. No Geno, no Lloyd, no Monster Hunter, no second Sonic character, etc.

DLC would look something like this:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Solaire
  • Steve
  • Dante/Phoenix Wright/Crash Bandicoot/Ryu Hayabusa
If it gets us Phoenix Wright, I can live with this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Y'all have no taste. The Undertale rep is obviously gonna be best boy:

He's already an assist trophy. That is the exact same pose as the Starman and robots and skeletons are the exact same don't you know.

Also my cat and Sakurai's cat are good buddies, he told me the undertale character will be the trans David Bowie robot

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I don’t really have any particular characters in mind, but I think it would be cool if we could get a moveset based around leeching health. Sure Robin and Wario have attacks that heal themselves, but it would interesting to see a playstyle with life-steal for a bunch of moves.

It might run the risk of being frustrating or snowbally, but maybe they could power up to get small life-steal on all of their attacks for a short duration.

Divorced from who the actual characters are, what kind of mechanics or play styles do you want to see with the DLC characters?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Throwing the bone in my DLC prediction so give or take. Also tell me how you all would think if these were the DLC characters?

Banjo-Kazooie
Erdrick
Lloyd Irving
Monster Hunter
Poochy

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What's with the sudden Solaire love, TPC?

BEFORE ANY FREAKS OUT THINKING I HAVE INSIDER INFO, THIS IS A JOKE

Being serious, I saw some statistics about Dark Souls and how well it sells, and I could definitely see it happen given Nintendo and Namco's positive relationship and From Software's support of the Switch.

I'd much rather have Lloyd or Yuri though.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I'm predicting the remaining four are Erdrick, Banjo-Kazooie, Master Chief and Dante. Master Chief is pretty out there but idk, I feel like it might be possible. Here's how I think it could go:

February: Piranha Plant released, Joker gameplay shown.
April: Joker released, Erdrick revealed and shown
June: Erdrick released, Banjo-Kazooie revealed and shown, Master Chief revealed
August: Banjo-Kazooie released, Master Chief gameplay shown
October: Master Chief released, Dante revealed and shown
December: Dante released, Fighter Pass 2 announced

The fighter Pass 2 thing is extra hopeful.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm predicting the remaining four are Erdrick, Banjo-Kazooie, Master Chief and Dante. Master Chief is pretty out there but idk, I feel like it might be possible. Here's how I think it could go:

February: Piranha Plant released, Joker gameplay shown.
April: Joker released, Erdrick revealed and shown
June: Erdrick released, Banjo-Kazooie revealed and shown, Master Chief revealed
August: Banjo-Kazooie released, Master Chief gameplay shown
October: Master Chief released, Dante revealed and shown
December: Dante released, Fighter Pass 2 announced

The fighter Pass 2 thing is extra hopeful.
Personally I think Banjo would make the most sense to be featured last. Works perfectly as that big last surprise reveal. Other then that I'd be pretty satisfied with this list.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Rate my Fighters Pass, besides Joker:
Erdrick
Doom Slayer/Doom Guy
Travis Touchdown
Banjo Kazooie
Erdrick is fine, Dragon Quest has certainly earned its place in gaming history.
Doomguy..not big on him. Most people like him for the uber violence, not a good fit for an E10 game and shooters aren't big in Japan.
Travis, while cool, isn't really a good pick if only because his series is niche at best, not super well known/beloved.
Banjo-Kazooie is a mixed bag, very iconic on the N64, not so much now, but a popular pick so I'm cool with it.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Throwing the bone in my DLC prediction so give or take. Also tell me how you all would think if these were the DLC characters?

Banjo-Kazooie
Erdrick
Lloyd Irving
Monster Hunter
Poochy
>Seriously supporting Poochy
>No Joker(?)

Otherwise it's pretty routine. If this were DLC and we didn't get Joker this would be a 6/10. Replace Poochy with Joker and it's a 10/10 because Joker.

Also did you seriously forget about Joker?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

BEFORE ANY FREAKS OUT THINKING I HAVE INSIDER INFO, THIS IS A JOKE

Being serious, I saw some statistics about Dark Souls and how well it sells, and I could definitely see it happen given Nintendo and Namco's positive relationship and From Software's support of the Switch.

I'd much rather have Lloyd or Yuri though.
Solaire, though? I'd expect the DS3 protag; Solaire's never even been a protagonist, just a pretty important character in one game, albeit a very popular one. DON'T note how similar that is to Geno y'all know it's different,

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm pushing an Undertale character so hard right now because I know it's very unlikely, so if my prediction comes through there'll be tons of proof that I called it and i'll have bragging rights until the end of time.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
He's already an assist trophy. That is the exact same pose as the Starman and robots and skeletons are the exact same don't you know.

Also my cat and Sakurai's cat are good buddies, he told me the undertale character will be the trans David Bowie robot
Who needs Sans...WITH LEGS LIKE THESE?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
>Seriously supporting Poochy
>No Joker(?)

Otherwise it's pretty routine. If this were DLC and we didn't get Joker this would be a 6/10. Replace Poochy with Joker and it's a 10/10 because Joker.

Also did you seriously forget about Joker?
Crap I had a brainfart. I don't know what happened there. :laugh:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I am just so tired of seeing people suggest that if Nintendo were to allow a competitor to get a character in Smash that they would settle for the old character that barely left any legacy beyond "I liked that game as a kid!" and not one of the two characters who shaped gaming to what it is today. In fact it tires me so much I'm going to bed now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom