• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here's another thing to talk about:

Fatmanonice has been talking about another character (not the SE rep) that oldschool fans will appreciate but newer fans will either dislike or not know about. Here are some pertinent comments:

I'm guessing this character would be a popular pick for Brawl, Melee, or even 64 speculation. The idea that it's been off people's radars for years disconfirms the recent popular picks, and apparently people thought it would never happen so that skews it towards third parties or characters seen as unlikely compared to others. The character also apparently has a support thread from one of the speculation periods, and is unrelated to the SE rep.

Any thoughts? The only character I can personally think of would be James Bond.
I honestly don’t know who it could be. I’d think Banjo, but that feels too obvious and I don’t think it’d fall under ‘newer people don’t want him’ and ‘people forgot about wanting him’

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Fatmanonice has been talking about another character (not the SE rep) that oldschool fans will appreciate but newer fans will either dislike or not know about. Here are some pertinent comments:

I'm guessing this character would be a popular pick for Brawl, Melee, or even 64 speculation. The idea that it's been off people's radars for years disconfirms the recent popular picks, and apparently people thought it would never happen so that skews it towards third parties or characters seen as unlikely compared to others. The character also apparently has a support thread from one of the speculation periods, and is unrelated to the SE rep.

That sounds a lot like Banjo and if it is my pop-off is going to be legendary.

Of course, I can't say for sure how credible Fatmanonice is and his info. Especially against Vergie and Hitagi.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's not Banjo. Someone suggested it and he said it was reaching too far.
Aww then that sounds like Geno then.

I mean I personally don't care about Geno all that much so it would be underwhelming to me.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

If it actually is James Bond

yes

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If it actually is James Bond

yes
Legit the only non-video game character I want in Smash.

Tho i'd kinda be worried about the floodgates and what that would mean for other non-gaming characters.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Hmmm maybe Andy (from Advanced Wars)? Mach Rider, Captain Syrup, Porky. Trying to think of characters who would be wanted a while ago. Conker? If by some wild chance Rare went with him instead of Banjo

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hmmm maybe Andy (from Advanced Wars)?
MY GOD IF THIS WAS ACTUALLY THE CHARACTER HE WAS TALKING ABOUT MY POP-OFF WOULD DESTROY THE ENTIRE INTERNET!

And I also forgive you for the Advanced typo BTW. :)

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I mean I personally don't care about Geno all that much so it would be underwhelming to me.
It's supposedly not Geno as well, given that it's only related to Geno in a "seven degrees to Kevin Bacon" sort of way.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Marth should get a buff where he gets long puffy white ha

Nah.
SE rep and Boomer rep are diffirent ones

Untouch

Smash Master
Only character I can think of that used to have a large base of support that has died down is Crono, who would be the SE rep.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There was support for this character and it was quite sizable, but Fatmanonice could be laying it on a bit thick.

It's a really nifty character though, I'll give him that.

D

Deleted member

There was support for this character and it was quite sizable, but Fatmanonice could be laying it on a bit thick.

It's a really nifty character though, I'll give him that.
GODDAMNIT STOP ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE IM GETTING TOO EXCITED

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
PolarPanda says the character isn't verified, but they gave us a hint.
PolarPanda knows of the SE list, Minecraft, and two Namco Characters.

Hmm...what's a Namco character whose name starts with L that people wanted but never thought would happen...

Maybe VashTehStampede VashTehStampede can help me on this one, because I sure am stumped.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

If James bond got in, i can tell you now people would NOT be happy at all. Him being a movie Character getting over all these other requested characters, especially the poster boy for no video game Characters (Goku) would put in hindsight territory worse than Corrin upon first reveal.

I wouldn't be happy either, myself. He's not even close to a video game Character and I associate him with movies way more than games.

Leaked info (which doesn't sound legit Imo) sounds like...Balloon Fighter. Given old school, kind of nostalgic, Iwata thing...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's not Banjo: people still want him, a lot. Also, I'm no Vergeben. I've just been invited to PolarPanda's and his source's proverbial table. They know I'm talking about all this so it's not like I'm some Sneaky Pete ™ with scraps that fell on the floor. A big reason I'm doing this is because I'm burned out on people saying that DLC will be bad. Uh, no, quite the contrary. DLC's looking to be really good, even with people only largely being in agreement about 2 of the 5. Like I said in the Geno thread, there's only the possibility of one shill character at the moment and they're by far not the shill-iest shill character they could have done. Worst response to them would be neutral, not rioting and burning down the local Game Stop.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
It's not Banjo: people still want him, a lot. Also, I'm no Vergeben. I've just been invited to PolarPanda's and his source's proverbial table. They know I'm talking about all this so it's not like I'm some Sneaky Pete ™ with scraps that fell on the floor. A big reason I'm doing this is because I'm burned out on people saying that DLC will be bad. Uh, no, quite the contrary. DLC's looking to be really good, even with people only largely being in agreement about 2 of the 5. Like I said in the Geno thread, there's only the possibility of one shill character at the moment and they're by far not the shill-iest shill character they could have done. Worst response to them would be neutral, not rioting and burning down the local Game Stop.
What is the scale of reaction tough?

LetterO

Smash Lord
I have a bunch of characters in mind.

-Layton
-Lloyd
-Leon
-Lara

Lloyd seems the most likely. I'd be happy for his fans, but I don't care much about the character or the game himself. Layton would be the most hype for me.

D

Deleted member

That’s reassuring at least.
Still wondering who that character could be though. Can’t really think of anybody who fits all the criteria.

Untouch

Smash Master
Poochy has to be the "shill character" they're talking about.
I don't think I've seen anyone really angry about the idea of him getting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom