• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Yeah Lloyd makes sense, but Tales is a GC game.
No, the Tales series has been on the:
Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, GameCube, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, Super Famicom, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows.

But, um, if you're just talking about Tales of Symphonia, then... yeah. :p

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yeah Lloyd makes sense, but Tales is a GC game.
Which means that boomers would like it and zoomers would either dislike it (since it's obscure animu) or not know about it (since it's obscure animu).
Lloyd? Would he be a ‘dismissed as impossible’ character though?
In the face of Pac-Man and Heihachi?

Yes, he would.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Remember when the leaked build went public and the staff here tried to delete every post on the site mentioning Isaac, Lyn, and Knuckles due to their ties to the PMDT? Never forget.

...Then Icons happened lol.
The dissonance between how this site treated unreleased content for a mod and unreleased content for an actual Smash game (like right now) really just underlines how up their own butt that team was.

D

Deleted member

Lloyd still has a ton of people who want him IIRC, I don't know if people ever wrote him off their wishlists.
Yeah that’s the stickling thing for me. People didn’t really forget about Lloyd. He’s still brought up and viewed as having a decent chance.

Looking in that old Melee poll, Lugia is the only character with an L name. Imagine if it’s them

Last edited by a moderator:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
It's supposedly not Geno as well, given that it's only related to Geno in a "seven degrees to Kevin Bacon" sort of way.
Bacon, the next character you never knew you wanted.

But seriously, is there a Burger Time Stage? Because that feels necessary right now.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's not Banjo: people still want him, a lot. Also, I'm no Vergeben. I've just been invited to PolarPanda's and his source's proverbial table. They know I'm talking about all this so it's not like I'm some Sneaky Pete ™ with scraps that fell on the floor. A big reason I'm doing this is because I'm burned out on people saying that DLC will be bad. Uh, no, quite the contrary. DLC's looking to be really good, even with people only largely being in agreement about 2 of the 5. Like I said in the Geno thread, there's only the possibility of one shill character at the moment and they're by far not the shill-iest shill character they could have done. Worst response to them would be neutral, not rioting and burning down the local Game Stop.
So two of the five are agreed upon?

We have the SE rep, but who's the second? It's not this character since Panda said that they're not 100% confirmed, but then who would it be? Steve?

beans

Smash Lord
I have a bunch of characters in mind.

-Layton
-Lloyd
-Leon
-Lara

Lloyd seems the most likely. I'd be happy for his fans, but I don't care much about the character or the game himself. Layton would be the most hype for me.
Yo ****ing Layton starts with L
**** I'm starting to get hyped someone but down the "No fun allowed" before i have too much fun

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Definitely Lloyd or Leon.

Lloyd fits the six degrees of Kevin Bacon because both Lloyd and Geno have cut Mii costumes.

Leon Kennedy was a decently popular pick back in the day, but is "perceived as impossible" due to the use of firearms.

It can't be Lara since it's apparently unrelated to Square Enix.

D

Deleted member

Oh ****, Leon makes a ton of sense actually. It could be them. How are they connected to Geno though?

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm just going to drop (my already very low) expectations for Doomguy, it seems like characters will be Japanese again based on this talk.
Slime still has a (albeit low) chance, PolarPanda seemed much more confident than Vergeben.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Definitely Lloyd or Leon.

Lloyd fits the six degrees of Kevin Bacon because both Lloyd and Geno have cut Mii costumes.

Leon Kennedy was a decently popular pick back in the day, but is "perceived as impossible" due to the use of firearms.

It can't be Lara since it's apparently unrelated to Square Enix.
I'm more inclined to think it's Lloyd since the newer generation knows who Leon Kennedy is due to the upcoming Resident Evil 2 Remake, while Lloyd doesn't have a big upcoming game in the horizon, but he had substantial popularity during the Brawl era.

beans

Smash Lord
Anyways, just got home. Someone catch ol' LTP up of what's been going on since yesterday and today.
Nothing new
Outside of a DLC fighter being a boomer pick, that zoomers wouldnt like.
And a leaked character brought by Polar Panda and the letter "L"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyways, just got home. Someone catch ol' LTP up of what's been going on since yesterday and today.
There might be another leaked character, not SE. They were apparently really popular back in the day but their support has really died down and most people think they’re impossible. Their name starts with an L.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Nothing new
Outside of a DLC fighter being a boomer pick, that zoomers wouldnt like.
And a leaked character brought by Polar Panda and the letter "L"
Lloyd.

Also, a boomer pick? Source on this?

There might be another leaked character, not SE. They were apparently really popular back in the day but their support has really died down and most people think they’re impossible. Their name starts with an L.
IT'S ****ING *****

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lloyd.

Also, a boomer pick? Source on this?

IT'S ****ING *****
Here's another thing to talk about:

Fatmanonice has been talking about another character (not the SE rep) that oldschool fans will appreciate but newer fans will either dislike or not know about. Here are some pertinent comments:

I'm guessing this character would be a popular pick for Brawl, Melee, or even 64 speculation. The idea that it's been off people's radars for years disconfirms the recent popular picks, and apparently people thought it would never happen so that skews it towards third parties or characters seen as unlikely compared to others. The character also apparently has a support thread from one of the speculation periods, and is unrelated to the SE rep.

Any thoughts? The only character I can personally think of would be James Bond.
There you go. The post has links to what Fatmanonice said. Take it as you will.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It was a nice run of (mostly) straightforward disclosure, but sooner or later every leaker descends into teasing.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Has to be one of these characters then
2802x4k_zpsa121b97a.jpg

Betting on lanky long

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's not Banjo: people still want him, a lot. Also, I'm no Vergeben. I've just been invited to PolarPanda's and his source's proverbial table. They know I'm talking about all this so it's not like I'm some Sneaky Pete ™ with scraps that fell on the floor. A big reason I'm doing this is because I'm burned out on people saying that DLC will be bad. Uh, no, quite the contrary. DLC's looking to be really good, even with people only largely being in agreement about 2 of the 5. Like I said in the Geno thread, there's only the possibility of one shill character at the moment and they're by far not the shill-iest shill character they could have done. Worst response to them would be neutral, not rioting and burning down the local Game Stop.
Well I suppose that does make me a little bit more optimistic for DLC.

And I guess the last character you mentioned is prob the Gen 8 PKMN that will most likely be in the game.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I knew keeping the faith in the Fighters Pack was going to do me well. Leon, Lloyd, Layton, or James Bond all rumored? Sick. Would love any of them.

D

Deleted member

Hmm...Leon Kennedy being chosen over Jill or Chris seems very odd to me.
And it can't exactly be Lloyd, as he's still very popular.
Jill and Chris have seniority, but Leon has ties to Nintendo and he’s pretty popular. Still unsure about him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom