• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Kind of. Nomura said the Ending will be bittersweet and hard to take for some fans.
Some people think a characters might die for good or get locked somewhere. People are banking on Sora or Riku right now.
I'd imagine it would be Riku, since Nomura has said in the past that Sora will still be the protagonist past 3.

I don't think it'll be Sora, Kairi or Riku though. But who knows.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
rip bayonetta, she got nerf bat given by sakurai
There was a problem fetching the tweet
See rest of this tweet's thread
it was good just to make smash community happy for once so we can't have repeated EVO 2018 smash 4 grand final
Not sure if this is premature, but Bayo was in a delicate position; she was broken, but if she was nerfed in one or two important areas she could be made flat-out bad.
Sakurai is a scaly...?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Android 17 and 18 aren't actually Androids, they're cyborgs.

8, 13, 14, 15 and 19 are Androids, though. Android 20 is also technically an Android, but the presence of Gero's brain makes him a Cyborg.

Cell is... um... let's just go with "Bio Android" like DB Online and Heroes does.
I know she technically isn't canon, but how would you classify Android 21?

I'd figure she be like 17 and 18, but the whole Majin transformation threw me off.

I guess she would be a bio android, like Cell, but... I'm not too sure on that.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Why Dragon Ball is still popular?

It shouldn't have died of over using their tropes and killing shonen anime?
That's not how it works.

Dragon Ball popularised (and in some cases, invented) most of the tropes you see in the modern Shonen genre.

Not only that, but Akira Toriyama was very, very good at composing fight scenes.

Dragon Ball didn't kill Shonen, it gave it new life; before Dragon Ball, almost all the manga in Shonen Jump followed the Fist of the North Star mold (I think the only exception was Kochi Kame).

Being old doesn't make something bad.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Huh, I just realized something...

Marx could very well be a candidate for DLC in the future if Sakurai and his team plays their cards right. Sure, he's a Boss character, but that doesn't mean they can't reference the games with Kirby beating him within an inch of his life. Cue Kirby subjugating Marx when the screen turns dark and cut right into P1/P2 co-op play with Marx assisting Kirby against other Smash fighters. It would be like Kirby Super Star and Star Allies, and we already fight the likes of Ganon and Giga Bowser anyway, so Marx could technically be downgraded into having his own fighter form.
KSA_Marx.png

Thoughts?

Nintrendo

Smash Cadet
Precisely. Like the current case going on with Phoenix Wright potentially being a fighter. Even if there really is insider info, I can see why the parties involved wouldn't admit to it being insider info unless they knew absolutely sure it were okay to.
Wait phoenix wright as a fighter? did i miss something?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I'd figure she be like 17 and 18, but the whole Majin transformation threw me off.

I think she's a bio Android mixed with Ms. Gero's DNA, if I had to guess.

With how much data was stuffed in Cell, including even Freiza somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if Gero somehow knew about Buu in some capacity.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Marx could very well be a candidate for DLC in the future if Sakurai and his team plays their cards right. Sure, he's a Boss character, but that doesn't mean they can't reference the games with Kirby beating him within an inch of his life. Cue Kirby subjugating Marx when the screen turns dark and cut right into P1/P2 co-op play with Marx assisting Kirby against other Smash fighters. It would be like Kirby Super Star and Star Allies, and we already fight the likes of Ganon and Giga Bowser anyway, so Marx could technically be downgraded into having his own fighter form.
View attachment 180617

Thoughts?
Unlikely at best since Marx would be able to fight Marx as a boss.
I think she's a bio Android mixed with Ms. Gero's DNA, if I had to guess.

With how much data was stuffed in Cell, including even Freiza somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if Gero somehow knew about Buu in some capacity.
He was able to get Frieza DNA from Cyborg Frieza being defeated by Future Trunks on Earth while that surveillance bug was still following the heroes around.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's not how it works.

Dragon Ball popularised (and in some cases, invented) most of the tropes you see in the modern Shonen genre.

Not only that, but Akira Toriyama was very, very good at composing fight scenes.

Dragon Ball didn't kill Shonen, it gave it new life; before Dragon Ball, almost all the manga in Shonen Jump followed the Fist of the North Star mold (I think the only exception was Kochi Kame).

Being old doesn't make something bad.
Very well spoken. :smash:

So is Mii Gunner gonna get, er, “fanart” now?
...the **** did I miss?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

It depends.

She's created in the same way Cell was, but also has Dr. Gero's wife's mind built into her. If she actually has the woman's brain in her body, then...

uh...

"Bio-Cyborg"?
Yes I know. But unless they elaborate on latent human potential past what meager heights Krillin and Tien have achieved, the androids cyborgs are relying almost exclusively on their cybernetic enhancements for their power. Being able to train those parts of their body is ludicrous. It's like me saying my car will learn to go faster if I just keep driving it more.

So Super could have gone one of two ways and had it make sense:

1) Bulma offers to enhance 17's strength with her "I can make anything" BS and gives him a significant power boost before the ToP. 18 declines because she's comfortable where she is and wants to be a sparring partner for her hubby.
2) They go in depth with human potential in the way that the manga did with Gohan; explain that Gohan's unique potential is derived from his saiyan AND human sides, and that his ultimate form is when he's allowing his human power to coexist rather than be dominated by his saiyan power. If they better established that, then it would be more believable that 17's inorganic enhancements allowed him to bypass mortal limitations and draw out a power similar to Gohan's, but only if he had a greater external force to work against.

Instead we got, "I've been doing pushups alone on an island full of animals for years and now I can spar with gods."
I think there's actually an argument to be made that Humans have higher potential than Saiyans.

Look at it this way, Krillin, Yamcha and Tien saw better benefits from their Training with Kami and possibly their training with King Kai (in the case of Yamcha and Tien), though by that point Goku had Super Saiyan so they were entirely irrelevent.

Not only that, the part of Gohan, Trunks and Goten that makes them more powerful than their fathers seems to be their human halves.

This is all head-canon, though, so... *shrug*

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
welp everybody can go home now

Fire mario got modded in, and it seems that there will be so much modding soon before the release date.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think there's actually an argument to be made that Humans have higher potential than Saiyans.

Look at it this way, Krillin, Yamcha and Tien saw better benefits from their Training with Kami and possibly their training with King Kai (in the case of Yamcha and Tien), though by that point Goku had Super Saiyan so they were entirely irrelevent.

Not only that, the part of Gohan, Trunks and Goten that makes them more powerful than their fathers seems to be their human halves.

This is all head-canon, though, so... *shrug*
And I like that headcanon, but it's never really shown at all in the source itself. More potentially implied. To my knowledge, Gohan's the only one Goku and Vegeta agree has potential to be stronger than they are; Trunks and Goten simply achieved super saiyan far younger than anyone.

But we also have the humans' training for three years in the android saga to show that perhaps their potential is capped in some way. It's why I like the idea of a saiyan's durability allowing for a human's raw power to be realized. I think that could be applied to 17 to justify his huge power jump offscreen, but that requires a lot of assumptions that should be explicitly stated by the source itself.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Unlikely at best since Marx would be able to fight Marx as a boss.
To be fair, Ganondorf and Bowser are both playable characters. I dunno if they fight their super forms at any point either, so it's fair to assume that Marx would be in whatever spot they're in if he was to be playable.

Sans when
I need my fix...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If you google "vergeben polarpanda", you can see results that have even the Japanese talk about the Square list

Haven't caught up that much, anyone thought's on the list?
Well, guess it did. They mostly seems to want either Crono ( a lot of them) Sora or a DQ characters from the threads I saw.

As for myself, I hope deep down that it's Crono.
Crono would be so cool.
But if I have to listen to my heart, i would like Sora (even if the list says it's not him- shhh)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

View attachment 180617

Thoughts?
Eh... that might be pushing it.

While it's a smart tie in to Star Allies and Super Star, I don't think Marx is going to become anything more than a boss. I was happy to see him in the game as the Kirby boss (since he was my optimal boss choice), but in the end, Marx just doesn't have enough going for him to get an upgrade.

Especially since the other glaring omission from the Kirby series (I don't even have to say who it is) is a VERY highly requested candidate overall for DLC.

D

Deleted member

If you google "vergeben polarpanda", you can see results that have even the Japanese talk about the Square list

Is it bad that seeing ‘Fatmanonice’ surrounded by Japanese discussion makes me laugh for some reason?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Precisely. Like the current case going on with Phoenix Wright potentially being a fighter. Even if there really is insider info, I can see why the parties involved wouldn't admit to it being insider info unless they knew absolutely sure it were okay to.
You gotta stop saying that, dude. It's not true.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 180617

Thoughts?
So, more Sakurai Bias is what you're getting at?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Eh... that might be pushing it.

While it's a smart tie in to Star Allies and Super Star, I don't think Marx is going to become anything more than a boss. I was happy to see him in the game as the Kirby boss (since he was my optimal boss choice), but in the end, Marx just doesn't have enough going for him to get an upgrade.

Especially since the other glaring omission from the Kirby series (I don't even have to say who it is) is a VERY highly requested candidate overall for DLC.
I mean, I'm not 100% on board with it, but I think it's certainly possible from a technical stand point. It's trailer material. Other than that though, I know who's currently a hot topic for a potential Kirby newcomer. I was just providing an alternative is all. I'd definitely love to see you-know-who if nothing else.

Only a matter of time before a wave of Bowsette, Gerudo Link, Ms. Cloud, "English voice Cloud", etc comes knocking.
Soon...
Kasandra_screenshot.jpg

So, more Sakurai Bias is what you're getting at?
Zip it, poochie! Marx is great!

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

Even before this list came out, it seems like we've guessed most of the seven names that could've been apart of that list. Personally, if the one I would want isn't on there (Sora and Erdrick), then I would at least want for it to be Crono, also another honorable mention, from Dragon Quest XI I would want for it to be Jade (if we were to get someone from that game).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
why couldn't Project M continue.
Let's just say Nintendo was always uneasy when it came to Project M, as it was an unauthorized romhack...

The creators stopped working on it because they were scared of potential lawsuits...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom