• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
rip bayonetta, she got nerf bat given by sakurai
There was a problem fetching the tweet
See rest of this tweet's thread
it was good just to make smash community happy for once so we can't have repeated EVO 2018 smash 4 grand final

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also for this GT vs Super debate.

GT didn't introduce a single character or characters that comes close to the greatness that is Beerus and Whis.

Thus GT is poopy mcpoop fartface.
Such honesty is refreshing.

Also, I don't care what anyone says, Caulifla, Kale and Kefla were fine characters.

D

Deleted member

it was good just to make smash community happy for once so we can't have repeated EVO 2018 smash 4 grand final
Plup was a martyr all along.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
It's gonna be pikachu in ultimate, watch

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Either @tehponycorn or Nekoo Nekoo might know possibly, but from all I've heard was that

Nobody is going to be 100% satisfied with the ending, or some **** like that.
Did someone just leaked KH3's plot? 'cause I saw the thread on /v/ that have KH3 spoilers in it few weeks back, I don't remember what was in said spoiler.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Either @tehponycorn or Nekoo Nekoo might know possibly, but from all I've heard was that

Can't that apply to anything at KH3's hype levels, though?

Like, are we talking a Mass Effect 3 kind of ending? Because I can't handle that **** again.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Isn’t Kingdom Hearts 3 just the finale of the Sora arc so 4 would have a new protagonist
You got that wrong.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the finale of the Xehanort arc. Sora will remain the protagonist. Nomura said this himself.
17? He's on an island somewhere training by himself and has scaled appropriately with the people who fought Majin Buu despite, uh. Being an android.
Android 17 and 18 aren't actually Androids, they're cyborgs.

8, 13, 14, 15 and 19 are Androids, though. Android 20 is also technically an Android, but the presence of Gero's brain makes him a Cyborg.

Cell is... um... let's just go with "Bio Android" like DB Online and Heroes does.
DBS Broly is going to be great.
Yes.

Troykv

Smash Master
Why Dragon Ball is still popular?

It shouldn't have died of over using their tropes and killing shonen anime?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
DBS Broly is going to be great.
I genuinely wish Super was nothing but movies.

Battle of Gods, then Resurrection F, then the Goku Black arc (since Black, Zamasu, Trunks, Mai, Goku and Vegeta are the only characters who matter anyway), then the ToP without all of the filler and villain-of-the-week setup. Then Broly.

Bam. Five movies condensed and well animated. It's not like any of the Super arcs had so many necessary twists and turns that it couldn't be retold in about 90min.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The height of DBZ is Team Four Star's Cell Saga. It's near damn perfect.

Tbfh fans not being 100% satisfied is a given with nearly any big conclusion.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Kind of. Nomura said the Ending will be bittersweet and hard to take for some fans.
Some people think a characters might die for good or get locked somewhere. People are banking on Sora or Riku right now.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Dragonball is a series I can enjoy because I can't take the story all that seriously as it's always been a plot contrived mess. I enjoy it more because it's a fun series.

Dragonball pretty widespread appeal in many place which is why it keeps going frankly.

Hopefully the speed should help Ridley out in the meta and tiers.
Depends if he can avoid being turned into combo bait due to his size what I can tell.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Mii Gunner might win a high-level tournament if the Miis aren't banned. Some are saying that Gunner is top tier.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Kind of. Nomura said the Ending will be bittersweet and hard to take for some fans.
Some people think a characters might die for good or get locked somewhere. People are banking on Sora or Riku right now.
Probs going to be Xion back to nothing or Roxas and Ventus weird stuff

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Oh good grief. Not again. Darkness Induced Audience Apathy can only get so strong with this series.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I distinctively remember the Exit in MM7 only making you leave the stage when you've already beat the boss. Otherwise I'm clueless about other games since I've pretty much stopped after 7.

Edit: Actually Mega Man X8 is the last overall Mega Man game I've played (was pretty good), and apparently that one also lets you exit regardless of clearing the stage. Since I haven't played that in like, 5 years, my lack of memory should be justified.
It's ok. But why have you stopped at 7? 8 was great.. well, Rockman 8 that is.
I didn't go through till X8 however.

D

Deleted member

Despite its stupidness, dragon ball can be pretty fun. You also got to remember that DBZ is old, and popularised a lot of tropes you see in shonen these days.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm not the most knowledgeable on KH's story. But if I had to take a guess on who's dying I'd go with either Riku or Aqua.
Nothing to really support that, just a gut feeling.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Mii Gunner might win a high-level tournament if the Miis aren't banned. Some are saying that Gunner is top tier.
I would kind of wonder if have a default mii with just the base abilities would be enough to make them viable in that regards, though I wasn't around for the discussion involving them for Smash 4 so I don't know how that played out.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Funny how we have a bunch of characters in Smash that are lizards.
Some new, like Ridley and Krool.
If they put agumon in the game , we will have 7 lizards.
Greninja is a frog so he is not a lizard, but he IS a frog, and thats cool.

Bowser, Yoshi , Bowser Jr, Charizard, Ridley and Krool

Last edited by a moderator:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Funny how we have a bunch of characters in Smash that are lizards.
Some new, like Ridley and Krool.
If they put agumon in the game , we will have 7 lizards.
Greninja is a frog so he is not a lizard, but he IS a frog, and thats cool.

Bowser, Yoshi , Bowser Jr, Charizard, Ridley and Krool
I think the term you're looking for to describe them all is scaly and slimy. XD

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Android 17 and 18 aren't actually Androids, they're cyborgs.

8, 13, 14, 15 and 19 are Androids, though. Android 20 is also technically an Android, but the presence of Gero's brain makes him a Cyborg.
Yes I know. But unless they elaborate on latent human potential past what meager heights Krillin and Tien have achieved, the androids cyborgs are relying almost exclusively on their cybernetic enhancements for their power. Being able to train those parts of their body is ludicrous. It's like me saying my car will learn to go faster if I just keep driving it more.

So Super could have gone one of two ways and had it make sense:

1) Bulma offers to enhance 17's strength with her "I can make anything" BS and gives him a significant power boost before the ToP. 18 declines because she's comfortable where she is and wants to be a sparring partner for her hubby.
2) They go in depth with human potential in the way that the manga did with Gohan; explain that Gohan's unique potential is derived from his saiyan AND human sides, and that his ultimate form is when he's allowing his human power to coexist rather than be dominated by his saiyan power. If they better established that, then it would be more believable that 17's inorganic enhancements allowed him to bypass mortal limitations and draw out a power similar to Gohan's, but only if he had a greater external force to work against.

Instead we got, "I've been doing pushups alone on an island full of animals for years and now I can spar with gods."

KiwiK

Smash Rookie
It's ok. But why have you stopped at 7? 8 was great.. well, Rockman 8 that is.
I didn't go through till X8 however.
I never had any of the consoles that had Mega Man 8 natively. If they were in any bundles for a console I had, I probably never bothered to buy or find them.
I did take the chance to see people stream MM8, though, and I felt the pacing was lackluster at best compared to 7, mostly because of one too many gimmicks that overstay their welcome, the snowboarding sections in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom