• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

welp everybody can go home now

Fire mario got modded in, and it seems that there will be so much modding soon before the release date.
I'll probably wait until Switch support starts to slow down to mod the game myself, Nintendo's way more anal about that stuff now and I don't want to have to spend $300 on another Switch.
But at the same time I really want to put skin and voice mods into the game

Well, guess it did. They mostly seems to want either Crono ( a lot of them) Sora or a DQ characters from the threads I saw.

As for myself, I hope deep down that it's Crono.
Crono would be so cool.
But if I have to listen to my heart, i would like Sora (even if the list says it's not him- shhh)
So that means that Sora is definitely in the game.
I'm onto you. /s

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Crono would be amazing. It'd also mean Square is probably up to something with the franchise, which would be even more amazing.

But I legit believe (outside DQ because no experience and the composer just leaves a bad taste) any Square rep will end up amazing.

D

Deleted member

Hey, whoever at Square who gave out Crono's name to weed out leakers: **** you for giving me hope.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Unlikely at best since Marx would be able to fight Marx as a boss.
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to use DLC characters in World of Light, it wouldn't make sense regarding the story.

So if Marx ends up as a DLC character, and doesn't fight himself as the boss, we are perfectly fine.

He has two spirits though, so he's still very unlikely.

D

Deleted member

With the dm of vergeben saying he heard crono, Sephiroth and DQ the most, idk man but it’s looking like Sephiroth is becoming more likely. Crono’s definitely a wildcard though.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Precisely. Like the current case going on with Phoenix Wright potentially being a fighter. Even if there really is insider info, I can see why the parties involved wouldn't admit to it being insider info unless they knew absolutely sure it were okay to.
There nothing pointing to Phoenix Wright.

Honestly, from what I know, so far, there is literally no information about any DLC except the Square-Enix one, and it might be because it's the first one on the list. If there is information about other DLC, either it hasn't leaked yet, or because it kept so tightly.

Heck, we probably could have never known about the Square-Enix rep if that list of leakbaits didn't exist and wasn't send to multiple people

So that means that Sora is definitely in the game.
I'm onto you. /s
I wish. I truly wish, but my knowledge stopped at knowing some names (Four) on that list waaaay before that DM ever existed. And even then, I already had bad news for Sora.

Doesn't stop me from supporting him nonetheless :4pacman:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hey, whoever at Square who gave out Crono's name to weed out leakers: **** you for giving me hope.
Honestly part of me thinks Square sent out names other than these mostly because of the Million Dollar Arthur thing, but the best way to make people doubt anyone and everyone?

Just send out any big name or remotely fan favorite you can.

It can't be all of them, but it could be all of them.

Genius really.

Still mad the person who heard Lara didn't come forward if this is the case though. I need my false hope too, assholes.

D

Deleted member

What’s more interesting for me is what all the recent stuff means for Steve.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Honestly part of me thinks Square sent out names other than these mostly because of the Million Dollar Arthur thing, but the best way to make people doubt anyone and everyone?

Just send out any big name or remotely fan favorite you can.

It can't be all of them, but it could be all of them.

Genius really.

Still mad the person who heard Lara didn't come forward if this is the case though. I need my false hope too, ********.
>Be Square-Enix
>Decide to have a DLC for Smash bros bcs yo, more money
>Have tight rules policy for leak, especially since ****ing smash bros have more leaks than an horny girl
>Start to send out Big names to multiple deparment saying "IT'S HIM!"
>Remember that those smash ****** like some..."Jino?" or "Gino?" whoever, put him on that list too.
>Decide to mess with the intern department and the new workers
>"Yo, let's add Arthur, for **** and giggle, I bet that dumbass wil leak it."
>It actually leak in a DM
>Just laugh as everyone don't know who the Square-Enix rep is
>Actually it's Lara Croft
>Didn't put name on the list and watch as everyone fight to know who's the real one.

There you go. Your million dollar story on how Lara Croft go in smash, just for you.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
welp everybody can go home now

Fire mario got modded in, and it seems that there will be so much modding soon before the release date.
To be fair this mod corrects a sin the creative team committed.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Kind of. Nomura said the Ending will be bittersweet and hard to take for some fans.
Some people think a characters might die for good or get locked somewhere. People are banking on Sora or Riku right now.
Mickey Mouse ****ing dies

D

Deleted member

Ganondorf can fight Ganon, I don't think Marx will happen but him being a boss isn't gonna stop him.

Also, if it does end up being Crono, I'm gonna be a little disappointed he got semi-leaked. Because it would be so much more hype to not even have considered the possibility when they went "he's here".

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The idea of Mii Gunner being really good is super exciting.

Mii Gunner is one of my favorite Smash characters by far.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Wait did something happen while I was out?

Which one is Cloud 2?
The one with a Gunblade?
Or the one with a Gunblade AND Pink hair?
Nah those are Cloud 0 and Cloud 0.5.

Last edited:

KiwiK

Smash Rookie
I really hope that the Chrono series doesn't have as much copyright debauchery from their OSTs like most of the other Square franchises, because only getting 2 songs if Crono gets in would be a borderline criminal offense with how many good songs Trigger alone has.

D

Deleted member

Which one is Cloud 2?
The one with a Gunblade?
Or the one with a Gunblade AND Pink hair?
Lightning because I can at least appreciate her getting in comedically.
Plus the Cloud comparisons with her are a more prevalent from what I’ve seen

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Okay so, the guy I know with the full version might let me play tomorrow but I'm definitely gonna be able to play monday.

Anything specific with characters you guys would want me to test?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
To be honest, I can’t wait for the mods that’ll come as soon as the game hits.

These pre-release hacks are only the tip of the iceberg.

I’m ready for all the inevitable Project M-esque Shadow/Knuckles/Isaac mods we’ll get.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Huh...

remember this image?

stage_main01.jpg

Did Captain Toad get removed from the final build of this stage or something?
I've been keeping an eagle eye out for the little guy during New Donk City matches and have yet to actually see him outside this one screenshot on the website.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
rip bayonetta, she got nerf bat given by sakurai
There was a problem fetching the tweet
See rest of this tweet's thread
it was good just to make smash community happy for once so we can't have repeated EVO 2018 smash 4 grand final
Ugh this makes me sad...I really hope she’s not bad.

I don’t really play as her but I LOVE her games and her character, I just really feel like she SHOULD be good...a solid high tier. Sad sad day. Hopefully he’s just being -dramatic-

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
>Be Square-Enix
>Decide to have a DLC for Smash bros bcs yo, more money
>Have tight rules policy for leak, especially since ****ing smash bros have more leaks than an horny girl
>Start to send out Big names to multiple deparment saying "IT'S HIM!"
>Remember that those smash ****** like some..."Jino?" or "Gino?" whoever, put him on that list too.
>Decide to mess with the intern department and the new workers
>"Yo, let's add Arthur, for **** and giggle, I bet that ******* wil leak it."
>It actually leak in a DM
>Just laugh as everyone don't know who the Square-Enix rep is
>Actually it's Lara Croft
>Didn't put name on the list and watch as everyone fight to know who's the real one.

There you go. Your million dollar story on how Lara Croft go in smash, just for you.
You are a beautiful beautiful beautiful little bushel of cauliflower my friend.

D

Deleted member

Ok but what if Arthur being a joke sent by Square is in and of itself misdirection, and he’s actually the character

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There nothing pointing to Phoenix Wright.

Honestly, from what I know, so far, there is literally no information about any DLC except the Square-Enix one, and it might be because it's the first one on the list. If there is information about other DLC, either it hasn't leaked yet, or because it kept so tightly.

Heck, we probably could have never known about the Square-Enix rep if that list of leakbaits didn't exist and wasn't send to multiple people

I wish. I truly wish, but my knowledge stopped at knowing some names (Four) on that list waaaay before that DM ever existed. And even then, I already had bad news for Sora.

Doesn't stop me from supporting him nonetheless :4pacman:
But Nekoo, Abby Trott sings Lifelight in English, she also voices Maya Fey, which means Nick is a shoe-in

D

Deleted member

Literally watch everyone just go ''Who?" and both companies lose money.
You see, this is all part of a master plan by Nintendo who were the ones who suggested Arthur in the first place. By announcing Arthur in smash, countless memes and internet reactions will be created due to his obscurity. This negative spotlight upon Nintendo and especially Square will cause them to sink further, with square eventually suffering further from more financial troubles. These troubles will eventually lead to Nintendo buying Square, gaining the rights to their IP. This will allow Nintendo more freedom with Square properties, and they’ll finally reach the climax of the plan and add a Final Fantasy spirit. Maybe of Vincent or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom