• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I really hope that the Chrono series doesn't have as much copyright debauchery from their OSTs like most of the other Square franchises, because only getting 2 songs if Crono gets in would be a borderline criminal offense with how many good songs Trigger alone has.
Good news is: Yasunori Matsuda did the majority of the tracks and not only did he compose some tracks in Uprising but he also worked on a few Smash tracks such as the Brawl remix of Vs. Marx and also worked as a Sound Designer in Smash 4.
Uematsu did do some songs, which can ne found here
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Chrono_Trigger

So even if Matsuda owns the rights to the CT tracks, I'm sure he'd be much eager to add them considering his previous works with Sakurai.

Untouch

Smash Master
Well, guess it did. They mostly seems to want either Crono ( a lot of them) Sora or a DQ characters from the threads I saw.

As for myself, I hope deep down that it's Crono.
Crono would be so cool.
But if I have to listen to my heart, i would like Sora (even if the list says it's not him- shhh)
on 2ch they REALLY do not want sephiroth
and i agree :cyclops:

seems like they want dragon quest or crono because they want a toriyama character in the game
sora is mentioned a lot too
dragon quest they dont think sells enough in the west to get in

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, which design would they choose for Sora? I'm a fan of 3, but 2 is far more iconic at this point and 1 is equally if not more so.

Perhaps 2 but with the option to limit form into 1?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Huh...

remember this image?

View attachment 180629

Did Captain Toad get removed from the final build of this stage or something?
I've been keeping an eagle eye out for the little guy during New Donk City matches and have yet to actually see him outside this one screenshot on the website.
The way they implemented Toad rustles my jimmies.

He pops up the third time the stage travels past that spot. It's like an Easter Egg you'll never see because the matches end before you get there.

D

Deleted member

DB Super manga better than the anime?

The anime Tournament of Power was way, way better than the manga's version.

"They treated Roshi better" isn't a good reason that the manga is better, there's a reason "Ultra Instinct Roshi" is a meme in the community (it's stupid).
I think it was written a bit better; more like how a free for all would go. More people out quickly and
Jiren not the be-all-end all super beast he was in the anime and not the complete, quadruple, out of energy ass-pull that Goku's Ultra-Instinct was in the anime too
. it made for a good fight in the anime, dont get me wrong, but the overall execution for that arc was awful; way too drawn out and better explained
#17's 'sacrifice' by him basically saying, 'are you stupid? Of course I didnt sacrifice myself. you took the bomb out, remember?' Instead of the complete 'oh, I guess I survived' BS that the anime pulled
It also treated Gohan way, WAY better. Roshi was just one example of some the characters actually treated with respect rather than as jokes. Every Character not named Goku or Vegeta (and Vegeta had more pride left intact after the Manga version end) was treated more in line with their characters.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't know, Sephiroth seems like the most boring 2nd SE Character choice. I'd rather then pick something from a different franchise or even a different Final Fantasy game frankly.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
DB Super manga better than the anime?

The anime Tournament of Power was way, way better than the manga's version.

"They treated Roshi better" isn't a good reason that the manga is better, there's a reason "Ultra Instinct Roshi" is a meme in the community (it's stupid).
Super Roshi is such bull****. He was outclassed long ago in the Namek saga and according to the plot that means he allowed King Piccolo, Raditz, and Nappa/Vegeta to do whatever they wanted without intervening.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder if the ''Goku is never getting into Smash" of it all would also increase the want for a Toriyama character.

I can see why Japan would want that. Dude is like a national treasure.

Toriyama that is, Goku just happens to be his biggest creation.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So, which design would they choose for Sora? I'm a fan of 3, but 2 is far more iconic at this point and 1 is equally if not more so.

Perhaps 2 but with the option to limit form into 1?
Probably 3 for the promotional aspects.

If Sakurai picked I’d say 1 because he usually goes with the OG

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
There nothing pointing to Phoenix Wright.
Goodness. I wish quotes came with tinestamps. You're quoting a quote that's too old to be applicable..
You and Wyoming Wyoming , and anyone else caught up in the unfortunate misunderstanding at hand, are gravely mistaken seeing as how whoever quoted me hasn't seen the part where we already clarified things with DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon and I well already dropped it earlier but it was high morning past midnight.

Alas, what a sad misunderstanding we find ourselves caught up in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the only square rep we need is primrose. she's basically a lock because octopath was on the switch and thus they would be promoting it :4pacman:

edit: lmao just noticed this was my 1000th post on the dot

Last edited by a moderator:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
But Nekoo, Abby Trott sings Lifelight in English, she also voices Maya Fey, which means Nick is a shoe-in
Right then. Might as well be efficient and jnformatively address the fact that not only did I never claim such, but the reactions to the quote unfortunately have ignored the resolution in between time frames and that we're well off that.

Tether recovery you say? No thx :p I just saw Link's bomb recovery tested in training mode (footage is blurry as a fake leak but you'll get the point): https://streamable.com/o13k1

Also, in action during a match:
It's more 'high risk, high reward' than before, there's a risk of stage spiking into SD or just straight up dying in the upper blastzone at high % but who cares about the risks when the reward is:
Infinite recovery...
Btw thx to Iridium & JohnKnight416 for finding footage ;)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Right then. Might as well be efficient and jnformatively address the fact that not only did I never claim such, but the reactions to the quote unfortunately have ignored the resolution in between time frames and that we're well off that.
Might as well ignore the fact that this is ME we're talking about, and I love to meme even if it makes me sad. I'm off to hug my Maya plushie because you mad me even sadder
Square would want to promote the game in general I mean
You'll have to forgive him, he doesn't believe in third party characters

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Nintendo goes to Square for a specific character in mind.

Square could say no, and Nintendo won't deal with them-

-well, Square might offer other characters while they're there (might, but only if Nintendo comes to them first), but it's still Nintendo's choice in the end.

Nintendo could help promote their games that aren't on Switch, or they could not.

However, I'm not even sure if Square would bother offering other characters if they're not who Nintendo had in mind; Sakurai wanted Cloud, and clearly brought up Geno or else we wouldn't have had the mii costume in Smash 4, which may have been compensation a la Ultimate mii costumes (if that info is true) since Cloud was the priority.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Might as well ignore the fact that this is ME we're talking about, and I love to meme even if it makes me sad. I'm off to hug my Maya plushie because you mad me even sadder
Ah. Okay, sorry if I came off too hard on ya. I guess I can understand if you were just doing it in good teasing fun anyway.

At least it didn't contribute to the misunderstanding I guess. XD

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So is the Arthur you guys are talking about the main character from Ghost N' Goblins? I like Arthur himself, I just don't like those games much, but he'd still make for a cool character.

Demon's Crest? Now THAT game, is cool. Hard as hell though.

If he's an SE Arthur, I wouldn't know him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So is the Arthur you guys are talking about the main character from Ghost N' Goblins? I like Arthur himself, I just don't like those games much, but he'd still make for a cool character.

Being more serious, he’s from the game Million Arthur. Apparently according to a leaked Vergeben pm, Square sent his name around to some of the lower divisions as a sort of joke to see if anybody would actually leak it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Being more serious, he’s from the game Million Arthur. Apparently according to a leaked Vergeben pm, Square sent his name around to some of the lower divisions as a sort of joke to see if anybody would actually leak it.
Ah, alright. Guess it's nothing of interest to me then.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Super Roshi is such bull****. He was outclassed long ago in the Namek saga and according to the plot that means he allowed King Piccolo, Raditz, and Nappa/Vegeta to do whatever they wanted without intervening.
I don't think that's quite what Super Roshi (at least the anime version) was implying.

What the anime implied is that Roshi saw how powerful the Z-Warriors were getting, presumably after the Cell/Buu saga, and was inspired to begin training again.

Anyway, it's better to move this discussion to the NintenZone thread.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Wait phoenix wright as a fighter? did i miss something?
Right, I should probably inform you, but it's only a case that he's a present contender. No gurantee.

Also, I'm afraid you've quoted me from a bad time before the resolution came and it harry had given some people like Wyoming Wyoming and Nekoo Nekoo the wrong idea.

No biggie, just a little request to look a bit before one leaps ahead so many pages. XD

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Huh...

remember this image?

View attachment 180629

Did Captain Toad get removed from the final build of this stage or something?
I've been keeping an eagle eye out for the little guy during New Donk City matches and have yet to actually see him outside this one screenshot on the website.
Not that it matters

Captain toad gains huge points because :ultpiranha: killed both arguements against him

The jump problem and Genaric characters and ofcoarse Nintendo could definately pick him for promotion

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Likely from this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Arthur

SNK Heroines got a character from it recently.
thiefarthur.png

Her name seems to be Thief Arthur though not sure if that's the specific character being referred to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom