• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
If anyone cares, Mr. Game & Watch is tonight's blog. It just updated on the Japanese site. So, it's not quite ready yet.
Forcing cameos from my depiction of the final 4 in my fanfic...

"After Game and Watch tried torching the island down, he was pulled out of the game for contestant endangerment. Only 4 remain. Who. Will. Survive?

Bayonetta: "Shocking! Well, not really. I'm the only newcomer left now...shame there's no cute eye candy here to ease the stress...mmm...at least that goddess Zelda made the jury. Smashing!

Mewtwo: "I lost my temper last season and got disqualified, and now that I'm using a mere 1% of my power...this game is a breeze, as predicted. Being able to read eveyone's mind is a big plus, too."

Roy: Woooohoooo! Yes! Yes! Oh Arceus all mighty luck is on my shoulder ouuuuwuah! After being the first to go last season, I'm back with a fiery vengeance I'm so awesome uwaaaaah! I'll never calm down, even if they get the strait jacket again!

Yoshi: Yoshi! (I hate you all. I just want to go home and drink a fruit vodka mixer. But nope,you people keep DRAGGING me back to this damn game! No one can understand me! Why couldn't Game and Watch have torched you guy with his exit? Sigh...if I win, I'm selling you all to Sony. For free. Cause y'all are worthless and taking up my precious oxygen!)

(These are the actual personalities in my fanfic. Roy is way overenthusiastic, Mewtwo is OP, Game and Watch is a pyromaniac, and Yoshi...is a complete jerk.)

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Last I checked the closest thing Sonic has to a new costume is his black one actually making him black this time instead of a very dark blue.
Yep, that is the one I am talking. I am sure some people will at least appreciate not having to use another blue Sonic even if it isnt a radical change.

It's Marth's, bud.
Yeah, but Sakurai has said this himself. He has to get approval for anything done to characters. So Konami had to give the thumbs up at the very least.

LetterO

Smash Lord
If any franchise got screwed over that also has a character, I think it's Wario. Considering it got no new music tracks, characters, or stages and actually LOST an assist trophy (Kat & Ana), it basically got less content than the last installment.

That sucks.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Forcing cameos from my depiction of the final 4 in my fanfic...

"After Game and Watch tried torching the island down, he was pulled out of the game for contestant endangerment. Only 4 remain. Who. Will. Survive?

Bayonetta: "Shocking! Well, not really. I'm the only newcomer left now...shame there's no cute eye candy here to ease the stress...mmm...at least that goddess Zelda made the jury. Smashing!

Mewtwo: "I lost my temper last season and got disqualified, and now that I'm using a mere 1% of my power...this game is a breeze, as predicted. Being able to read eveyone's mind is a big plus, too."

Roy: Woooohoooo! Yes! Yes! Oh Arceus all mighty luck is on my shoulder ouuuuwuah! After being the first to go last season, I'm back with a fiery vengeance I'm so awesome uwaaaaah! I'll never calm down, even if they get the strait jacket again!

Yoshi: Yoshi! (I hate you all. I just want to go home and drink a fruit vodka mixer. But nope,you people keep DRAGGING me back to this damn game! No one can understand me! Why couldn't Game and Watch have torched you guy with his exit? Sigh...if I win, I'm selling you all to Sony. For free. Cause y'all are worthless and taking up my precious oxygen!)

(These are the actual personalities in my fanfic. Roy is way overenthusiastic, Mewtwo is OP, Game and Watch is a pyromaniac, and Yoshi...is a complete jerk.)
If it was ME, I'd have my boi keep his patience even if it takes a long time to get him on the blog...

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
i gotta say, out of all of the 3rd party companies, I was really surprised w/ how well Capcom and Konami cooperated.

For Capcom we got Ken as a character, plus Mega Man and Ryu back, we have an unbelievable number of tracks for both Mega Man and Street Fighter. We got new assists for both series and we even have Rathalos (a character from an almost completely unrepresented franchise) as a boss.

As for Konami... wow. We got Snake back after so long. Simon and Richter were both added. Dracula's Castle + Shadow Moses returning. Bomberman and Alucard as assists w/ Gray Fox returning. So many Castlevania tracks. And Dracula as a boss.

I honestly thought these 2, along with Square, might have been the most trouble in negotiations.

I'm so happy I was wrong on that.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
As i Said before... im pretty sure Sakurai is a huge Symphony of the night fan. Alucard basically just highjacked richter guidance to talk about Symphony of teh night.

If you uys wants Alucard playable feel free to drop on the support thread so we can give Sakurai an excuse to put him in :D

BTW.. what happened with Geno? i read like... 2 or 3 pages of the thread and i didn't managed to get if either they got info that geno was in, or they got info that geno was out, with extreme prejudice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So guys

Check out the update on the Smash site. It says that Suzaku Castle comes with music tracks for 16 characters

Am I missing something here? Or was the website team on some kind of Ultimate hype train?
It’s just Street Fighter music
3 for :ultryu::ultken: each, brought up to 6
3 for Guile and Vega each, brought up to 12
This would mean that the others would gain 2 songs each
I dont know if that is being fair. Yeah, all third party mis are gone but:
:ultsonic: has a new assist, a new final smash and new costumes
:ultbayonetta: has a new assist.
:ultryu: has more music and :ultken:
:ultmegaman: has two new assists
(and even MH representation)
:ultsnake: has new moves and new costumes.
:ultsimon::ultrichter: has 30 songs, a boss, an assist, the voice actor for Alucard even cameos in Palutena´s guidance.
:ultpacman:has new music and a new final smash
All of them have spirits except:
:ultcloud: has nothing of interest that I know of.
:ultsonic: :ultpacman: don’t have new final smashes, just a reworked ones (still not new), and :ultsonic: has the same alts as in Smash 4 with only coloring for some changing (white/It’s No Use Sonic should’ve stayed white)...also you left out his series having two stages, the only 3rd party to do such a thing
If any franchise got screwed over that also has a character, I think it's Wario. Considering it got no new music tracks, characters, or stages and actually LOST an assist trophy (Kat & Ana), it basically got less content than the last installment.

That sucks.
Kid Icarus is in the same boat...only that is a smaller series, kept their PGs, and has Sakurai love; kinda Bayonetta aswell, only they gained an AT character.
i gotta say, out of all of the 3rd party companies, I was really surprised w/ how well Capcom and Konami cooperated.

For Capcom we got Ken as a character, plus Mega Man and Ryu back, we have an unbelievable number of tracks for both Mega Man and Street Fighter. We got new assists for both series and we even have Rathalos (a character from an almost completely unrepresented franchise) as a boss.

As for Konami... wow. We got Snake back after so long. Simon and Richter were both added. Dracula's Castle + Shadow Moses returning. Bomberman and Alucard as assists w/ Gray Fox returning. So many Castlevania tracks. And Dracula as a boss.

I honestly thought these 2, along with Square, might have been the most trouble in negotiations.

Capcom was never gonna be a problem when it came to Smash content (especially with how Mega Man was treated like a Nintendo character last game)
As i Said before... im pretty sure Sakurai is a huge Symphony of the night fan. Alucard basically just highjacked richter guidance to talk about Symphony of teh night.

If you uys wants Alucard playable feel free to drop on the support thread so we can give Sakurai an excuse to put him in :D

BTW.. what happened with Geno? i read like... 2 or 3 pages of the thread and i didn't managed to get if either they got info that geno was in, or they got info that geno was out, with extreme prejudice.
And unlike :ultchrom:, Alucard didn’t get roasted and made sense joining in on the conversation

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Konami was a surprise, but Capcom does crossovers with everybody. I wasn't at all shocked to see their franchises get so much content in this game, heck we should probably expect more to come.

just give Sonic more love too pretty please Sakurai

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It’s just Street Fighter music
3 for :ultryu::ultken: each, brought up to 6
3 for Guile and Vega each, brought up to 12
This would mean that the others would gain 2 songs each

:ultsonic::ultpacman: don’t have new final smashes, just a reworked ones (still not new), and :ultsonic: has the same alts as in Smash 4 with only coloring for some changing (white/It’s No Use Sonic should’ve stayed white)...also you left out his series having two stages, the only 3rd party to do such a thing

Kid Icarus is in the same boat...only that is a smaller series, kept their PGs, and has Sakurai love; kinda Bayonetta aswell, only they gained an AT character.

Capcom was never gonna be a problem when it came to Smash content (especially with how Mega Man was treated like a Nintendo character last game)

And unlike :ultchrom:, Alucard didn’t get roasted and made sense joining in on the conversation
I mean, you ever played SotN? Alucard is a ****ing beast. He's probably doing a level 1 run in Smash

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Konami was a surprise, but Capcom does crossovers with everybody. I wasn't at all shocked to see their franchises get so much content in this game, heck we should probably expect more to come.

True... but I did not expect that much new content from Capcom, especially in the music department.
Like when I saw the music list for Mega Man and Street Fighter being bigger or as big as some other major Nintendo properties, I was really surprised.
Kind of funny that it took Mega Man getting into Smash to get Capcom to realize that people genuinely want more of him.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean, you ever played SotN? Alucard is a ****ing beast. He's probably doing a level 1 run in Smash
...I’ve never played any Castlevania game before...so I know pretty much nothing about any of their characters

Sega won’t let that happen unless he somehow becomes a full time Nintendo character...though atleast WoL gave him the best death

KMDP

Smash Legend

Not to rain on your parade, but Roy wouldn't praise Arceus.

We don't actually know what god(s) Elibeans worship, if they worship one at all. If they do worship a god of some kind, it's probably an ancient Manakete like Naga, Mila, Duma, Medeus, Loptous and Anankos; though it's also possible they worship a more traditional God like Ashunera.

Or... considering the etymology of "Elibe" (it comes from "Erebus", Greek for "Darkness") it's possible that "modern" Elibeans are actually non-theistic (though they will certainly use Divine Weaponry nonetheless :laugh:).

...Now I want a Fire Emblem game about the Scouring even more, so we can find out what God, if any, Elibeans worship.
K. Rool and Ridley are perfect examples of newcomers are in thanks to the community and it's longlasting demand, but I think the big icon would be Geno (if he gets in, that is), in my opinion.

Geno is a character who has only been in two games. One back in the 90s as a party member. One in a handheld spinoff RPG as a cameo. The fact that the community banded together and got this obscure character to be one of the most wanted characters and even acknowledged by Sakurai himself is something I love. It's an amazing underdog story. That's one of the reasons I've also been personally rooting for Geno.
Something interesting I discovered about the Mario x Dragon Quest Fortune Streets while playing them (there are two, one for the DS and one for the Wii, we only got the Wii version), despite referencing Super Mario RPG (both games use "Hello, Happy Kingdom" for the Peach's Castle board, while the DS game actually uses screenshots from games across the Mario series including SMRPG for the Venture Cards), Geno is never referenced, even though a Nintendo/Square Enix crossover would be the perfect time to do so.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
...I’ve never played any Castlevania game before...so I know pretty much nothing about any of their characters

Sega won’t let that happen unless he somehow becomes a full time Nintendo character...though atleast WoL gave him the best death
Alucard is so ridiculously overpowered you wouldn't believe it, and that's without the 'skip Death stealing your **** so you keep the most OP equipment" glitch from the PSP and possibly Requiem version

andres22

Smash Cadet
Attention all Geno supporters:

Geno is in great danger, and he needs your help to make it into the SSBU DLC Roster!

But to do This, he needs favoritism from NoJ and Square Enix to have some common sense.

To help him, all he needs is your credit card number, the three digits on the back, and the expiration month and year.

But, you gotta be quick so that Geno can make it into Smash and dab on all the leakers!

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Of course they are. One man's dream DLC is another man's "UGH I'M SO DISAPPOINTED"
Honestly, the main thing that has tempered my excitement is other people's wish lists. This may be what saves me from crushing disappointment down the line. No matter who gets chosen, someone will be happy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Personally expecting Monster Hunter to be among the 5 DLC characters if anything.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

That sucks.
hey.. at least we got finally that sick Ashley song remix DX....
i something i guess DX.

Alucard is so ridiculously overpowered you wouldn't believe it, and that's without the 'skip Death stealing your **** so you keep the most OP equipment" glitch from the PSP and possibly Requiem version
Was Alucard more Op than Soma? i mean.. chrissageam (always forgot how to spell it) mya be... (and i remember beating richter with fist cause more fun... and beating Death as a bat gradius style because that boss is easyyy ... )
but soma have like... bazillion HP stat.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
So you know about vergeben''s mysterious three character right?

Turned out, it was Serpthoih, Dragon Quest character, and Crono out of 7 characters on Vergeben's leaked list.

Here's proof if you didn't believe me:

I found it on /v/, and how did the **** they get hold of this pm? I can post the link to the thread if you want since it mentioned KronoXIV, who managed to obtain this info

Edit: found the better quatliy of the DMs, seems like someone posted it on Gamefaq first.
https://imgur.com/a/gbMYO0a

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Yo, Imma let y’all finish, but Castlevania IV is the best Castlevania game ever.

And anyone who says Richter is hotter than Simon is high

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
hey.. at least we got finally that sick Ashley song remix DX....
i something i guess DX.

Was Alucard more Op than Soma? i mean.. chrissageam (always forgot how to spell it) mya be... (and i remember beating richter with fist cause more fun... and beating Death as a bat gradius style because that boss is easyyy ... )
but soma have like... bazillion HP stat.
Alucard is more OP because of all the stupid **** he can do in SotN. While Soma is Dracula, he hasn't realized his full power

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Turned out, it was Serpthoih, Dragon Quest character, and Crono out of 7 characters on Vergeben's leaked list.

I found it on /v/, and how did the **** they get hold of this pm? I can post the link to the thread if you want since it mentioned KronoXIV, who managed to obtain this info
There goes Sora and Geno. If this is said by Verge himself its fact then.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
:ultsonic::ultpacman: don’t have new final smashes, just a reworked ones (still not new), and :ultsonic: has the same alts as in Smash 4 with only coloring for some changing (white/It’s No Use Sonic should’ve stayed white)...also you left out his series having two stages, the only 3rd party to do such a thing
They had to be reworked for Sakurai´s vision of the game (or a more fast paced game) which in turn means that they would need to receive approval from Sega and Namco. Sakurai has spoken about it. They have teams for every franchise working with them deciding what gets approved. If Sakurai could make any changes he wanted about the characters, I doubt some of the characters would have the stale costume choices that they have.

Since neither of the two Sonic stages are new, I didnt think about adding them to the list of new content even if as you say, having two stages is notable.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

I don’t mean for this to come off as aggressive but this isn’t proof. How do we know this person really knows Vergeben?

Though if it is true, those 3 in particular are interesting. And I’m hoping for Sephiroth if true

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Awful news to find out on my birthday

LetterO

Smash Lord
Awful news to find out on my birthday
Happy birthday! On the bright side, Geno still hasn't actually been deconfirmed. Just because it's said that he "shouldn't be taken seriously" doesn't mean it was a flat out deconfirmation. Otherwise it would've been said that he's not getting as said for Sora.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
If it was ME, I'd have my boi keep his patience even if it takes a long time to get him on the blog...
Heh, in my fanfic Yoshi despises everyone and everything around him, he even teams up with the villains at the end just to try snd cause mayhem. Needless to say, it was really fun writing him as a polar opposite to his normal self. The irony was that everyone though he was super nice and sweet because all he said was "Yoshi!" Yet he spent every moment insulting someone...moreso than anyone else sides maybe Bowser.

That's probably not the Yoshi you're accustom to though!

Anyways...I'm super hyped for smash ultimate. My friend is bringing it over, since I'm too broke to get it atm. Looking forward to trying out Inkling especially, and adapting to the plethora of Luigi changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom