• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Like, real talk, every time we say someone isn't deconfirmed, it's deconfirmed. It's a curse and I don't like it

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm gonna buy into this and it'll turn out this guy made an entirely fake gamefaqs website just so he could do this.

We are at that level of leaks, now.
This screenshot is not new. Frankly, I'm surprised it took this long to get out.

D

Deleted member

I also call BS on Sephiroth, because as much as it makes sense with him being another Final Fantasy VII character, it makes TOO much sense, unfortunately.
We're talking about Square, making sense is as good to them as putting bacon in the microwave.

Would I be hype? Of ****ing course, it's Sephiroth.
Would I be okay with the only songs being One-Winged Angel and it's Advent Children version? Sorta, would still like more, but I guess it's fine.

But what would even be his stage? He has to come with his own stage, just like the rest of the fighters in the Fighter Pass.

However, no Shirtless Sephiroth? **** off, deal's off.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Vergeben has proven himself for base roster, but until we know more about the DLC's timeline and direction I wouldn't pin him as a credible source for DLC.

Minecraft content was mentioned very early on with Square's 2nd character appearing around summer time. Both being DLC heard of that early is certainly possible, but I find it peculiar at this point of time.

A wait and see situation.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Vergeben has proven himself for base roster, but until we know more about the DLC's timeline and direction I wouldn't pin him as a credible source for DLC.
Thing is he's been right about all his predictions. At this point anything he says is pretty much fact and confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Minecraft content was mentioned very early on with Square's 2nd character appearing around summer time. Both being DLC heard of that early is certainly possible, but I find it peculiar at this point of time.

A wait and see situation.
Hold up, didn't Vergeben said the first DLC character was gonna be the Square rep?

...Something ain't adding up...

...yikes.png

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Heh, in my fanfic Yoshi despises everyone and everything around him, he even teams up with the villains at the end just to try snd cause mayhem. Needless to say, it was really fun writing him as a polar opposite to his normal self. The irony was that everyone though he was super nice and sweet because all he said was "Yoshi!" Yet he spent every moment insulting someone...moreso than anyone else sides maybe Bowser.

That's probably not the Yoshi you're accustom to though!

Anyways...I'm super hyped for smash ultimate. My friend is bringing it over, since I'm too broke to get it atm. Looking forward to trying out Inkling especially, and adapting to the plethora of Luigi changes...
The way I see it, if he's actually an ***hole when he talks but he keeps his cute disposition, then that would make him a troll using his language barrier as an excuse to be a total ****...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Something interesting I discovered about the Mario x Dragon Quest Fortune Streets while playing them (there are two, one for the DS and one for the Wii, we only got the Wii version), despite referencing Super Mario RPG (both games use "Hello, Happy Kingdom" for the Peach's Castle board, while the DS game actually uses screenshots from games across the Mario series including SMRPG for the Venture Cards), Geno is never referenced, even though a Nintendo/Square Enix crossover would be the perfect time to do so.
I image it comes down to the developers forgetting that Geno existed at all if I were to guess lol

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I also call BS on Sephiroth, because as much as it makes sense with him being another Final Fantasy VII character, it makes TOO much sense, unfortunately.
We're talking about Square, making sense is as good to them as putting bacon in the microwave.
You know, you probably shouldn't fall into the trap of believing "SE does illogical things, ergo they never do logical things."

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

Would I be hype? Of ****ing course, it's Sephiroth.
Would I be okay with the only songs being One-Winged Angel and it's Advent Children version? Sorta, would still like more, but I guess it's fine.

But what would even be his stage? He has to come with his own stage, just like the rest of the fighters in the Fighter Pass.

However, no Shirtless Sephiroth? **** off, deal's off.
I top your shirtless sephirot with Dress Cloud!

Also.. which was teh name of that town were you got the first flashback with sephirot? that would make a neat stage.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
"Why are we believing insiders"

*Believes an insider*

Makes you think....
Fair enough. Keep in mind Verge said "Oh this Hitagi guy totally knows what he's talking about" and then that guy says "OK, so none of us know anything." Ether legit person told him the information is bogus or he knows people will catch on to the bull****. Regardless, its just more proof they don't know anything. His comment also lines up with the fact that the DLC line up was just completed.

Say it's inside info. Say it's him covering his ass. Either way, it's admission that they don't know anything about the DLC.

Untouch

Smash Master
I wonder if Vergeben's sources are gonna get mugged if they haven't already, with this screenshot coming out and all.
breaking news: square enix fires literally all of their employees
president of square enix says: lol not like they were working on anything anyways

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Also.. which was teh name of that town were you got the first flashback with sephirot? that would make a neat stage.
Nibelheim.
Real subtle with your mythology allusions, Square.

D

Deleted member

So you know about vergeben''s mysterious three character right?

Turned out, it was Serpthoih, Dragon Quest character, and Crono out of 7 characters on Vergeben's leaked list.

Here's proof if you didn't believe me:

I found it on /v/, and how did the **** they get hold of this pm? I can post the link to the thread if you want since it mentioned KronoXIV, who managed to obtain this info

Edit: found the better quatliy of the DMs, seems like someone posted it on Gamefaq first.
https://imgur.com/a/gbMYO0a
It wouldnt be too surprising if it turned out the Erdrick and Luminary were in and shared a slot.
Since apparently 'Erdrick' is not a name, but a title. One that the Luminary earns in DQXI after beating Calasmos in Post-story
And with as well received as that franchise in, with even mangaka like HunterxHunter's writer having taken breaks before to play a new DQ, it wouldn't be shocking to see the most recent one in. I would lvoe it far too much; Sephiroth too, so anything that seems to good to be true just can't be real. The opposite is also true; anything generally disliked by many, tends to be the correct rumor. Case in point; the rumor that we only had 2 characters left and it was Ken & Incineroar.

This is just too good to be true....on the other hand, sources that have yet to be wrong (missed a thing or two, but never wrong) are providing the info, so I suppose there's hope. Well...actually....nothing that Verge himself has leaked as ever been wrong. And he only leaks something when he gets a majority consensus from his sources; the fact that his list of possible DQ reps were 'leaked' rather than him stating it, means that it could be false. I do whole-heartedly believe there is another Square-Enix rep incoming, however.

D

Deleted member

Same as in Dissidia.

This.
But isn't that like, endgame spoiler territory?

Like, Mecha-Fiora being added into Smash is like the end all be all of BTFO'd spoilers in Smash, but this like SO endgame lmao

This? Eh, I dunno. It'd be pretty sick, no lies, but for it to be a DLC stage seems a bit... eh. Would have to see it in action.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
breaking news: square enix fires literally all of their employees
president of square enix says: lol not like they were working on anything anyways
They're gonna have a jolly good laugh, as their secret plan is working: to **** over verge and make him look like a odkfmfcofoffkrker

Actually, that wouldn't shock me

D

Deleted member

The usual thing I do.

Week 1 :ultinkling::ultridley::ultdaisy:
Week 2 :ultmario::ultlink::ulticeclimbers:
Week 3 :ultcorrin::ultsnake::ultdk:
Week 4 :ultsonic::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultpokemontrainer:
Week 5 :ultmarth::ultkirby::ultmegaman::ultpit:
Week 6 :ultpichu::ultbowserjr:
Week 7 :ultmiifighters::ultrob::ultfalcon:
Week 8 :ultjigglypuff::ultwario:
Week 9 :ultsamus::ultsimon::ultkrool:
Week 10 :ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
Week 11 :ultvillager::ultdarkpit::ultduckhunt:
Week 12 :ultness::ultpeach::ultwolf:
Week 13 :ultike::ultkingdedede:
Week 14 :ultbowser::ulttoonlink::ultryu:
Week 15 :ultisabelle::ultganondorf::ultpikachu:
Week 16 :ultlucina::ultlucario:
Week 17 :ultsheik::ultfox:
Week 18 :ultwiifittrainer::ultdoc::ultgreninja:
Week 19 :ultshulk::ultcloud::ultpalutena:
Week 20 :ultluigi::ultpacman:
Week 21 :ultzss::ultrosalina::ultincineroar:
Week 22 :ultken::ultolimar:
Week 23 :ultlittlemac::ultmetaknight:
Week 24 :ultrobin::ultzelda:
Week 25 :ultlucas::ultdiddy::ultgnw: (week night over yet)
Week 26 (Week of release)

Characters yet to be on the Blog:
:ultyoshi::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultbayonetta::ultpiranha:(probably won't be featured until close to release)

On the home stretch.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm going to say it, everything relating to any potential SE rep, to me, points to Erdrick (Or Luminary).

1. Masked Man (An employee of Square Enix whose internet footprint immediately vanished following this statement) Said that the Imgur leak (AKA Heroes vs Villains leak) had characters (note the plural) that he knew for a fact were not playable. Sora, Geno and Mallow were all on that. That puts them all on Suspect

2. Tansut's (The Cloud 'leaker' from Smash 3DS/Wii U) words about a non-nintendo company (Widely assumed to be SE due to their wording and their history) being upset about a current leak going around at the time (October). There were many leaks about the SE rep at the time but there were very few characters detailed that actually reached the public eye.

3. Xenother outright saying Sora and Geno are not happening. While Xenother himself is an unknown as he has yet to prove himself, he has spoken with Vergeben and has been more than open considering what he knows. This slightly lines up with Masked Man's statements from around E3 regarding the Imgur leak.

4. Take all this together and assume it is true. This kills Sora (Who did have a 'leak' that was popular at the time in the form of the KH producer saying "Yes" to a tweet asking about Sora in Smash) and Geno outright. Crono and Sephiroth never had any leaks in the public eye to get SE upset about and if they did, they were fake regardless for other reasons we now know. This leaves the DQ Characters. Despite their credibility (which is the reason I'm only bringing them up now), LeakyPandy's VGA leak fits all these pieces. They strongly hinted at a character from a franchise that is nominated for Best in Genera which DQ11 was. They specified that it was not specifically a character from the game nominated, but from the Franchise in General. The timing of that leak Matches Tansut's statements about SE being upset which would make sense, since it was a leak that had specific information in it (regardless of the actual vagueness of the leak itself).

If I were a betting man, I'd be betting on Erdrick the most. Keep in mind, this is just my interpretation of the SE character chronicle over the course of this cycle. I'm not Saying it is for a fact Erdrick, but it's the one I believe to be the most likely considering everything that has happened so far.

D

Deleted member

Nibelheim.
Real subtle with your mythology allusions, Square.
No, First flashback of Sephiroth was in Kalm; the city right outside of Midgar.

Whether the person suggesting it be the first town with a Sephiroth flashback meant the town in which the flashback took place or the town at which the party was at when the flashback story was told, I dont know. But the first time you see Sephiroth in a flashback was when the party reached Kalm and Cloud elaborated to the rest on who Sephiroth is after fleeing Midgar.

To be honest, unless the city was on fire (super doubtful) it wouldnt make much of a stage.
http://ff7.fr/screen/nibelheim.png old-school style houses (one and two story) surrounding a town well of sorts; kalm has the shop in the back while Nibelheim has the Shinra Mansion. Stage wise, they'd look the same, really.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Konami was a surprise, but Capcom does crossovers with everybody. I wasn't at all shocked to see their franchises get so much content in this game, heck we should probably expect more to come.

just give Sonic more love too pretty please Sakurai
Capcom and Nintendo need to do a proper Nintendo vs Capcom game. There are more than enough franchises between the two of them.

Turned out, it was Serpthoih, Dragon Quest character, and Crono out of 7 characters on Vergeben's leaked list.

I found it on /v/, and how did the **** they get hold of this pm? I can post the link to the thread if you want since it mentioned KronoXIV, who managed to obtain this info

Edit: found the better quatliy of the DMs, seems like someone posted it on Gamefaq first.
Interesting but I wont believe this until Verge from Gamefaqs/Reddit posts about it himself. We had had many crazy leaks in this cycle of smash. I wont jump any boat without hard evidence.

Awful news to find out on my birthday
I am sorry to hear that. I wish you a happy birthday!

Untouch

Smash Master
I haven't changed my mind, and likely won't, I'll repeat myself.
This list is a list of characters Square Enix is giving to people to try and bait out leakers, we know this, they've done this before.
Personally I don't think that the list is definite, it could be a character not on this list that Square Enix isn't giving out. If Square Enix is going to give out character names, they're only going to give out names people would believe, hence the joke Millon Arthur name.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Capcom and Nintendo need to do a proper Nintendo vs Capcom game. There are more than enough franchises between the two of them.

Interesting but I wont believe this until Verge from Gamefaqs/Reddit posts about it himself. We had had many crazy leaks in this cycle of smash. I wont jump any boat without hard evidence.

I am sorry to hear that. I wish you a happy birthday!
We got video proof of the dm. Is that enough evidence my dude?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No, First flashback of Sephiroth was in Kalm; the city right outside of Midgar.
Oh sorry, misinterpreted the question.

Like, Mecha-Fiora being added into Smash is like the end all be all of BTFO'd spoilers in Smash, but this like SO endgame lmao

This? Eh, I dunno. It'd be pretty sick, no lies, but for it to be a DLC stage seems a bit... eh. Would have to see it in action.
Square Enix doesn't give a **** about FF7 spoilers anymore.
Just look at FF7 Crisis Core trailers because that literally spoils the entire plot-twist of FF7.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

:ultcorrin:'s Omega Yato is equally extreme endgame (for the DLC Storyline).

Not to mention Smash has casually revealed spoilers before: :sheikmelee:, Metal Face's voice, :ultlucina: being :ultchrom:'s daughter...

And, like I said, the Planet's Core is the only FF7 locale in both Dissidia and Dissidia 012.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
From a business standpoint, Sephiroth and DW Rep make the most sense to me since FF games (including VII) and the new DQ will both be on the Switch in the east and west soon

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Fair enough. Keep in mind Verge said "Oh this Hitagi guy totally knows what he's talking about" and then that guy says "OK, so none of us know anything." Ether legit person told him the information is bogus or he knows people will catch on to the bull****. Regardless, its just more proof they don't know anything. His comment also lines up with the fact that the DLC line up was just completed.

Say it's inside info. Say it's him covering his ***. Either way, it's admission that they don't know anything about the DLC.
Verg also said that Xeno guy knew what he was talking about, but went back the literal day after.

Verg dropping people he presumes to have legit info is nothing new.

Personally, as someone who was one of Verg's toughest critics, I 'do' believe he had good info, it's impossible to deny, especially when he was willing to drop "Isaac's an assist get ****ed Grinch" during the hype of the Grinch leak.

Do I think Minecraft/Square will happen? Time will tell.

But I've already said Hitagi is not to be trusted. The guy went back on every.single.thing. he said in regards to Smash, so sorry if I'm skeptical here, but he's the idiot who had us debating friggen Katalina from Granblue Fantasy for a month.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

Sephiroth's still in the ring? Definitely good news.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
We got video proof of the dm. Is that enough evidence my dude?
Since we actually had one person faking a site once during this cycle, I dont think I can.

We had more than one with fake posts.

We need an easily accesible post from Verge saying that the PMs are real.

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To be fair it was never explicitly stated that the stage & music that comes each part of the fighters pass has to match up with the character featured.

Additionally we don't know what else there is beyond the fighters pack like Piranha Plant & Mii Costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom