• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Yes, iirc there's both actually. There's practically a spirit for every main Mother character except Porky, which is why it's so odd. I mean there's even spirits for Eve and Ness's dad...
Hmmm this Porky topic is ALOT more interesting than I thought. Getting him as DLC would give Mother a new stage and much needed new remixes. Can you say “Porky Means Business” Remix my dudes?!?!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Porky being Mother 3 promotion is just a funny idea to me, as if Nintendo is actually going to release Mother 3 to the world.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
The reason I posted about
Sylux and Porky
is because they're both not spirits in the game, somewhat suspiciously, especially the former.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...I think I have a problem. And I had to stop myself from putting my next rung of favorites on as well. Suffice to say that I'm gonna be really happy with this.
and there are two characters who could throw this whole list out of order if they made DLC...

Cap_Roster.png
I prefer default costumes, so most I'll just end up using those. Except Zelda and Ike, I prefer those alts way too much.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Conversations like this are why I never bothered with the Fire Emblem games beyond Warriors.

That, and I have literally $0 to spend on video games not named Smash Ultimate right now, I can't marry Tharja as a chick, and Fire Emblem games have RPG elements and quite frankly, that's become more and more of a turn-off for me over the years.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
No, seriously, putting a character to promote a localization is pretty weird, considering said game is over a decade old. I can even get Sylux (though I still find him very unlikely), but Porky? I need to see that happening to believe it.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Conversations like this are why I never bothered with the Fire Emblem games beyond Warriors.

That, and I have literally $0 to spend on video games not named Smash Ultimate right now, I can't marry Tharja as a chick, and Fire Emblem games have RPG elements and quite frankly, that's become more and more of a turn-off for me over the years.
I want to marry Chrom as a dude so I understand your pain. Also yeah, I got bored with FE.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I mean I like Nowi... but why choose her when Tharja and Olivia exist?
Because she's clearly a better choice. She's leagues past anyone else. Not because she's a loli but because her character is one of the best things to come out of Awakening. + her kid is Nah and she's the best kid

I will die on this hill.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
When it comes to World of Light, it isn't even a question for me.

You give me a path that lets me get Marth, Olimar, and Pac-Man in quick succession after Mario? That's the path I'm taking.
Pretty much this. Marth on his own can carry me through WoL, Pac-Man and Megaman are just bonuses.

Olimar's kinda useless to me though.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Can someone give me the link to the roster maker everyone has been using in this thread? Also just to be sure are all of the character artworks from it ripped from the game directly?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Well first off, the whole loli issue is purely a work of the fans or if you try marrying them in FEA or FEF, so it's entirely ignorable.

And well second off, it's a Strategy RPG which makes a pretty big difference in the game structure. It has elements of normal RPGs sure, but it's an almost entirely different experience.
Because she's clearly a better choice. She's leagues past anyone else. Not because she's a loli but because her character is one of the best things to come out of Awakening. + her kid is Nah and she's the best kid

I will die on this hill.

Can someone give me the link to the roster maker everyone has been using in this thread? Also just to be sure are all of the character artworks from it ripped from the game directly?
Here you go
https://apps.warchamp7.com/smash/rosterUlt/

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
But she is a C H I L D
She's not a child; not in age or her personality, as it's revealed through supports that she only acts as she does to boost the morale of others in the army. That's actually really thoughtful.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So how are people feeling about
Sylux and Porky?
Not this again...
Far more confident on Porky than Sylux, mainly because the complete absence in pretty much anything within Ultimate is more notable. Literally every other boss in the SSE has direct representation in some form, and he's one of the most significant characters of the entire franchise he hails from.

Yet somehow, he couldn't even get a Spirit? For EITHER of his Mother series appearances? With the closest thing being the Absolutely Safe Capsule?

Not a single person here has yet to raise any good points as to how this makes any sense.
Did Duon get a spirit or something? Last I heard they were nowhere to be seen.

Duon for DLC?
Oh, that reminds me.

Stahl isn't a spirit.

STAHL DLC CONFIRMED BABY
Good job summing up the current "x character is missing a Spirit so they must be in!" discussion.

There are so many characters without Spirits, and there's a good amount of prominent characters who fall into that category. Enough that it's difficult to pinpoint exactly who's most likely. We'll probably just end up getting a bunch of third parties anyways.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
She's not a child; not in age or her personality, as it's revealed through supports that she only acts as she does to boost the morale of others in the army. That's actually really thoughtful.
Not only that, but I don't think Nintendo would allow the player to marry and have a child with a child, which means she's not a child. Just because she looks young doesn't make her a child

Last edited:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys!

I've been kind of avoiding the boards since I don't want spoilers of the actual game and WoL, so I ask you this: Has there been any DLC news the past two days?

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I'm not gonna make a DLC predictions list, but I will make a "How ok am I with X character as DLC" list.
  1. Will nod in approval of:
    Dixie, Sylux, Rayman, Doom Guy, Crash, Geno

2. Will be immediately excited for:
    Jin Kazama/Heihachi, Sora, Elma

3. Will explode with joy for:
    Rex/Pyra, Ray 01

4. Will cry for:
    Banjo, Erdrick, Agumon, Joker

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID