• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well, since everyone do this. I could join the fun, go ahead, feel free to r8

ULTIMATE MAINS.png

And yes. Soldier Cloud. Not that edgy ***** AC Cloud. Fight me.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Conversations like this are why I never bothered with the Fire Emblem games beyond Warriors.

That, and I have literally $0 to spend on video games not named Smash Ultimate right now, I can't marry Tharja as a chick, and Fire Emblem games have RPG elements and quite frankly, that's become more and more of a turn-off for me over the years.
>Two games' discussions can sometimes be "weird"
>Warriors heavily focuses on these 2 games and has its own "weird" problems with characters
I'm confused.

Well, since everyone do this. I could join the fun, go ahead, feel free to r8

View attachment 179896

And yes. Soldier Cloud. Not that edgy ***** AC Cloud. Fight me.
It's a Chad/Chad.

KMDP

Smash Legend
My roster
Ring! Dong! Dang! suits your roster perfectly.

Unfortunately I can't find the SSBU version so just take the original instead.
I'm not gonna make a DLC predictions list, but I will make a "How ok am I with X character as DLC" list.
  1. Will nod in approval of:
    Dixie, Sylux, Rayman, Doom Guy, Crash, Geno

2. Will be immediately excited for:
    Jin Kazama/Heihachi, Sora, Elma

3. Will explode with joy for:
    Rex/Pyra, Ray 01

4. Will cry for:
    Banjo, Erdrick, Agumon, Joker
You get a like just for having Agumon in the top tier of your reaction list.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm glad all this Porky talk is letting people know more about Mother 3, even if the memes make rounds. The lore in Mother 3 about Porky really does make you look back at other Nintendo villains and think "...****, why do we hate these guys again? This little **** is beyond demented."
I see Ridley wanting to adopt Porky. He normally hates humans, but he’d see how utterly batsh*t insane Porky is and want to be buddies with him so they can ruin people’s lives together.
Everyone's been talking about Porky not having a spirit, but you know who else doesn't?
G I Y G A S
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas’ Spirit.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So what smash tag icon will you people be rocking? Personally, I'm going for the Chorus Kids to fill the Chorus Kids shaped hole in my heart.
Do I even need to elaborate? :yoshi:

I never understood the love some players have for default alts.
I don't know about anyone else, but for me it has to do with the fact that Green Yoshi is the "Yoshi character" whilst the others are side Yoshis. He's one of the few characters in Smash where that applies...

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Do I even need to elaborate? :yoshi:

I don't know about anyone else, but for me it has to do with the fact that Green Yoshi is the "Yoshi character" whilst the others are side Yoshis. He's one of the few characters in Smash where that applies...
I guess? But I feel like if you've known these characters for years, you'd wanna see them look different if you get the chance.
Idk I've always been someone who prefers alternate costumes in any game that provides them

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Gonna do this a little differently these are the 3 newcomers I'm most excited to unlock and try out:

Screenshot_2018-11-26 Warchamp7 - Post Your Roster Ultimate(1).png

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Well, with Sonic, it's for sure because I've always seen him as, well, him, in his deep blue color and red shoes, white cuffs on his gloves. It's always felt weird just picking his other alts because it felt sorta, well, foreign? I guess you could say? It's always resonated with me to use his normal because it's like I'm using the Sonic the Hedgehog. The one I've always known for 10+ years lol.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Just got back from the store having returned lets go Pikachu and gotten my first animal crossing game new leaf and donkey king county returns 3D instead plus some store credit.

Let's go Pikachu is one of the most insulting and cookie cutter games I have ever played has 0 heart whatsoever and takes 0 risks.

It looks and plays like a mobile game port but costs the same as actual games.

On another note is it confirmed event mode is coming back?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Kinda disappointed by how bad some of these newcomers look competitively. Ridley, Dark Samus, Chrom, and Incineroar look pretty bad.
I was really hoping these guys would've been good to use in a tourney, but it looks like it's gonna be strictly friendlies for them

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Let's go Pikachu is one of the most insulting and cookie cutter games I have ever played has 0 heart whatsoever and takes 0 risks.
Be thankful that Masuda is stepping down and we're getting a new director. Specifically the dude who helped make Sun and Moon, two games with great ideas.

D

Deleted member

Attachment to the character, or maybe they just hate the way their alternate palettes look.
Personally Ridley is already my favorite color by default so hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just got back from the store having returned lets go Pikachu and gotten my first animal crossing game new leaf and donkey king county returns 3D instead plus some store credit.

Nope, but Spirits are basically events with a new coat of paint and some macrogame elements.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I guess? But I feel like if you've known these characters for years, you'd wanna see them look different if you get the chance.
Idk I've always been someone who prefers alternate costumes in any game that provides them
For literally ANY other character, maybe, as they're still the same character but with a change. The Yoshi colors on the other hand are characters in their own right, so that's why I have a soft spot for the default. Otherwise I choose Red Yoshi

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

I thought the Spirit battles were the same as event mode. On the topic of Pokémon Let's Go, I didn't buy those games because I was worried they were gonna play like Pokémon Go. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has no interest in them

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Kinda disappointed by how bad some of these newcomers look competitively. Ridley, Dark Samus, Chrom, and Incineroar look pretty bad.
I was really hoping these guys would've been good to use in a tourney, but it looks like it's gonna be strictly friendlies for them
>Chrom look competitively bad
>Chrom with Roy's absolutely Banana Frame's data No weakspot and incredible power and just a ****ty recovery look bad

I mean, that's literally the only bad point Top player can find for him, when they can find tons for the others. And even then, there tons of contradiction with Japan putting him in Good from what they could test in Event, M2K saying the same, and only the west saying that the Recovery will make him the worst character ever.

Y'know, in a game where Recovery might as well just be trash for 95% of the cast since defensive Option and most Recovery's vertical height got nerfed.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Same can be said for Smash For, tbh.

I mained Jigglypuff in 4? Is it buffed now?
Yes, but I don't really care, I'm a casual.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
ccr p
I thought the Spirit battles were the same as event mode. On the topic of Pokémon Let's Go, I didn't buy those games because I was worried they were gonna play like Pokémon Go. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has no interest in them
If spirits is just a glorified event mode I am just about done with Nintendo after Sakurai retires from making smash games. They even force the guy to add in who they want as DLC and probably the same roster

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I mained Jigglypuff in 4? Is it buffed now?
Considering she was literally the worst character in smash 4, yes she is indeed buffed. Three things mainly.

1. You can't move through opponents, so now you can crouch to avoid a grab or dash attack, or really most moves, then immediately rest since you're in range.

2. She can combo into rest apparently, due to her down air sending at a better angle

3. Her aerials seem to link together better now. No more f-air -> f-air -> f-air -> f-air being your only combo

EDIT: also Nair is still a fantastic edgegaurd tool and a kill move

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Ring! Dong! Dang! suits your roster perfectly.

Unfortunately I can't find the SSBU version so just take the original instead.
All new remixes got copyrighted.. :C

But...uh.

Yes. I'll be blasting the Ring Dong Dang remix at full volume on whatever stage it is in when I pick Battlefield. :3

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
ccr p

If spirits is just a glorified event mode I am just about done with Nintendo after Sakurai retires from making smash games. They even force the guy to add in who they want as DLC and probably the same roster
I'm not sure if it was Nintendo's decision to add spirits. I'm not sure what you're upset about. I think the way they're handling spirits is great. Maybe try it out before jumping to conclusions?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
>Chrom look competitively bad
>Chrom with Roy's absolutely Banana Frame's data No weakspot and incredible power and just a ****ty recovery look bad

I mean, that's literally the only bad point Top player can find for him, when they can find tons for the others. And even then, there tons of contradiction with Japan putting him in Good from what they could test in Event, M2K saying the same, and only the west saying that the Recovery will make him the worst character ever.

Y'know, in a game where Recovery might as well just be trash for 95% of the cast since defensive Option and most Recovery's vertical height got nerfed.
I actually almost didn't consider putting Chrom there because his neutral is pretty good, but considering how good Roy is, Chrom is a little bit outclassed and while not quite useless, Roy can probably be used in every scenario Chrom can and still get equal, if not better, results. Plus,while Roy's recovery may not be amazing, I'm sure he could survive off stage in more situations than Chrom could. Cause if Chrom leaves the stage at all, no more stock

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not sure if it was Nintendo's decision to add spirits. I'm not sure what you're upset about. I think the way they're handling spirits is great. Maybe try it out before jumping to conclusions?
You don't need to take that guy seriously, they're upset about everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom