• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It’s good to know Geno is officially still considered a Mario character in Smash by the red color tag despite technically being 3rd Party.

Which means if he ever gets in, he’ll have the mushroom symbol.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Speaking of edgy black outfits.
How come there isn't a Soren outfit for Robin?
They're BOTH magical tacticians to muscle-bound idiots, it's perfect.

Waitaminute, someone already did it too
C'mon Nintendo. That's a way better reference than Seras.
Or White mage from Final Fantasy.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I believe you mean anti-hero. :ultmetaknight: would also fit that mold.

Not too sure about :ultkingdedede:- in the original Kirby's Dream Land he was definitely a villain but idk where he stands now.
In the most recent games :ultkingdedede: and :ultmetaknight: are more like friendly rivals to Kirby. The only true villains in the Kirby franchise I can name off the top of my head are Marx, Sectonia, Magalor, and Haltman. There’s likely a few others I’m missing.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I keep forgetting he's a villain, because he's just a common enemy and not an antagonist, but yeah you're right, he's still a villain
Excuse me, Piranha plants are standard fauna in the Mushroom kingdom. If anything, Mario is the villain for destroying every Plant on the way. The plantbros are simply engaging in self-defense. They dindu nuthin.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So how are people feeling about
Sylux and Porky?
Far more confident on Porky than Sylux, mainly because the complete absence in pretty much anything within Ultimate is more notable. Literally every other boss in the SSE has direct representation in some form, and he's one of the most significant characters of the entire franchise he hails from.

Yet somehow, he couldn't even get a Spirit? For EITHER of his Mother series appearances? With the closest thing being the Absolutely Safe Capsule?

Not a single person here has yet to raise any good points as to how this makes any sense.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I mean, I only played as male Robin in FEA so that I could have my loli dragon waifu. But if I were able to play as female Robin and still marry a girl then I would've chosen female Robin
I mean I like Nowi... but why choose her when Tharja and Olivia exist?

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Why is Doc so hated other than the simple fact it's Mario. Smash don't care. Any reasons?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So, I haven't watched any of the cutscenes that were leaked! I'm very proud of myself. I love leaks and analyzing things that are "leaked" (especially when we have vigorous debates about the authenticity) but I decided I'm going to respect both myself and Sakurai and watch them when the game releases... or at least I'm going to try. Not judging ANYONE who did though, I usually do haha.

For those who did: Are they pretty cool, or throwaway/meh?? (Don't describe/spoil, just give a general vibe)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why is Doc so hated other than the simple fact it's Mario. Smash don't care. Any reasons?
He's essentially a costume for Mario, but people don't hate him as much as Dark Pit because he has more gameplay differences.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well let's just say that if there was ANY character on the roster that didn't need changes as much as some other clones should've gotten and that if there was ANY expendable character on the roster... it'd be Dr. Mario.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's my Main thing. Orange is my big main, red is my secondaries, and Green is my for fun tercentenaries.
Ultimate.PNG

So what smash tag icon will you people be rocking? Personally, I'm going for the Chorus Kids to fill the Chorus Kids shaped hole in my heart.
Either Marx or Kamek. I would do Marx 100% if he wasn't a boss, I don't want to look like a bandwagoner that first saw him this game.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I want Porky’s play style to be in the fashion of Gizmo from DC.

He basically carries a metallic pack armed with various technology such as robotic claws and weaponary he can use at will.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Well let's just say that if there was ANY character on the roster that didn't need changes as much as some other clones should've and that if there was ANY expendable character on the roster... it'd be Dr. Mario.
True, true. It is just Mario after all. But WHY do he got more differences with Mario than Dark Pit with Pit?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
True, true. It is just Mario after all. But WHY do he got more differences with Mario than Dark Pit with Pit?
I dunno, ask Sakurai. I aint got no idea how that man's mind works.
If you ask me, it's probably because he was in Melee and that gives him seniority.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Old moves Mario?
Yeah, that's a bonus.

Honestly, it's a zero-sum game. If a clone gets any differences, they need to justify it; but if they are too similar, than they are unnecessary and... in the end it comes to whether you like them or not.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
*snaps his fingers* The problem's gone, Darling.
What character growth do you get from that? He's done it multiple times and its aggravating.
I could spoil the **** out of the game for you, but I'd suggest seeing it for yourself.

So far, you've watched him help the prince of Gallopolis find courage and stop relying on cheap tricks. Later on, you see he has a motive for pursuing a righteous path, one that makes him the only person in the party that voluntarily chose to follow the Luminary and not just say "I'm indirectly forced to be here".

There's a lot more to him than just flamboyance. That's the basis of his character, being more than what's on the surface.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I dunno, ask Sakurai. I aint got no idea how that man's mind works.
If you ask me, it's probably because he was in Melee and that gives him seniority.
why Pichu as an echo, GameFAQS? Why?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because he had more differences from the start. Dark Pit was just a alt with his own animations/victory theme/FS/slight gameplay changes. Hence one's an echo and the other's not.

Differences between clones generally come down the how much time dev team have and base fighter.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad all this Porky talk is letting people know more about Mother 3, even if the memes make rounds. The lore in Mother 3 about Porky really does make you look back at other Nintendo villains and think "...****, why do we hate these guys again? This little **** is beyond demented."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom