• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post; flaming
I've heard people talking about ultimate being a disappointment according to pirates, is it right to assume it's all bs?
They took the time to illegally provide the game and go through hoops to get it, so of course they're gonna go in with bias.

So I'm glad that we all have confirmation that these pirates are not only pathetic for doing this in the first place, AND, they're lacking a brain to see the huge improvements Ultimate made upon previous Smash titles.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Is there a reason all the spirits are super dark? It would stink to get all this high quality artwork now only for them to be inaccurate

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I'm not gonna make a DLC predictions list, but I will make a "How ok am I with X character as DLC" list.
  1. Will nod in approval of:
    Dixie, Sylux, Rayman, Doom Guy, Crash, Geno

2. Will be immediately excited for:
    Jin Kazama/Heihachi, Sora, Elma

3. Will explode with joy for:
    Rex/Pyra, Ray 01

4. Will cry for:
    Banjo, Erdrick, Agumon, Joker
Tears of joy or sadness?

>Warriors heavily focuses on these 2 games and has its own "weird" problems with characters
>tfw I didn't exactly do much digging into Fire Emblem: Warriors beyond getting to the final boss as fast as possible so that I could play Mario Odyssey without worrying about multitasking

Oh?

*grabs my copy of Fire Emblem Warriors and hovers it over a currently empty bin labeled "to be sacrificed on the altar of affording Smash Bros on release" in such a way that threatens to drop the game into said bin*

And what might these "weird" problems you speak of be, exactly?

COWARD

A good Kirby can beat any Fox!
but are you having fun while doing it?

not with kirby, i ain't!

Italian boi
isn't ezio italian, though?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm not gonna make a DLC predictions list, but I will make a "How ok am I with X character as DLC" list.
  1. Will nod in approval of:
    Dixie, Sylux, Rayman, Doom Guy, Crash, Geno

2. Will be immediately excited for:
    Jin Kazama/Heihachi, Sora, Elma

3. Will explode with joy for:
    Rex/Pyra, Ray 01

4. Will cry for:
    Banjo, Erdrick, Agumon, Joker
I'll do this as well because why not

Meh
Porky, Slime, 2nd Sonic Rep, Adeleine

Will be okay with:
Erdrick, Spring Man, Sylux, Geno, Rayman, Agumon

Will nod in approval of:
Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, King Boo, Sephiroth, Banjo & Kazooie, Edelgard, Melmetal

Will be excited for (for the memes):
Sans, Dante, Waluigi

Will be legitimately excited for:
Elma, Rex & Pyra, Euden, Katalina, Crono, Ray 01, Heihachi, Phoenix Wright, Azura (we should've gotten her instead of Corrin and you can't convince me otherwise.

Will explode with hype for:
Joker, Lloyd Irving, Steve, Doom Slayer, Crash, Monster Hunter, Style Savvy Designer

Will legitimately cry for:
Sora

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That lousy looking board game with no apparent platforming is the story mode?

Nothing like a good old dose of pessimism to keep me awake in the late hours of the night.

WoL is perfectly fine in my opinion. It offers a lot of variety in many the different spirit battles and boss battles on top of that. I'm looking forward to playing it and unlocking all of the characters.

We're 99.99% getting more modes on Day 1 anyways, so I see no reason to complain. It's just more content in an already amazing game.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
They took the time to illegally provide the game and go through hoops to get it, so of course they're gonna go in with bias.

So I'm glad that we all have confirmation that these pirates are not only pathetic for doing this in the first place, AND, they're lacking a brain to see the huge improvements Ultimate made upon previous Smash titles.
So you're perfectly fine with insulting people who don't see ultimate as this god like game? Lol k

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That lousy looking board game with no apparant platforming is the story mode?
Smash's platforming exists to supplement its combat.
Otherwise, alone it's... terrible. People's movement options are far too extreme and varied to provide any level of enjoyment.

D

Deleted member

I'll do this as well because why not

Meh
Porky, Slime, 2nd Sonic Rep

Will be okay with:
Erdrick, Spring Man, Sylux, Geno, Waluigi, Rayman, Agumon

Will nod in approval of:
Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, King Boo, Sephiroth, Banjo & Kazooie, Edelgard

Will be excited for:
Elma, Rex & Pyra, Euden, Katalina, Crono, Ray 01, Style Savvy Designer, Heihachi, Melmetal, Phoenix Wright

Will be excited for (for the memes):
Sans, Dante

Will explode with hype for:
Joker, Lloyd Irving, Steve, Doom Slayer, Crash, Monster Hunter,

Will legitimately cry for:
Sora
Me too

Will throw my switch at a rock
Geno Fire emblem anything

Won't care about at all
Exite Bike Kirby rep

Will nod
Sora Banjo

Floss
Fortnite rep Sans

Full on Default dance
A pokemon at all Maxwell

Water Works
Steve

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Don't feed trolls like WaxPython. Steal their bread instead

if anyone gets the bread reference you're a god
Don't know why you quoted me on this and what kind of reply you expected.

Some people on this forum obviously have a problem with unpopular opinions but that is not my problem my job Is to follow the actual site rules and not what some new users think is trolling

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That lousy looking board game with no apparant platforming is the story mode?
oh my ****ing nutcrackers I completely forgot you were apart of this website...anywho...I laugh at your comment now
EC7E67D9-0EEB-4D3F-9AFA-CFCBFAF4C931.jpeg

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Is it silly that I am still mad that Robin still have Chrom ?
Well, yeah I'm kinda sad to see Chrom return for his final smash when I've speculated the many possibilities for his new final smash.

But on the other hand, I play with final smashes off most of the time so I'm finally glad they removed Chrom from Robin's victory screen when he didn't do **** to help me.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Its possible they will just downgrade the visuals and then release KH3 for the Switch. Also if they do it that way, then they can release all the KH games for the Switch as well. You'd be surprised how many people buy the same game over and over again. For instance their is a rumor that Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword will be released for the Nintendo Switch. Many people who buy the game most likely have bought it before. Neku would be cool, in reality almost any Square character would be really great. From Sora, Erdrick, Neku, Chrono, Geno & Lara. All of them would be really interesting, so its just interesting to see which one they will use.
But Skyward on Switch would be an upgrade, KHIII on Switch would be a downgrade.
Btw,
Cloud CAN be found and unlocked playing through the map, not as many thought at first

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Well, yeah I'm kinda sad to see Chrom return for his final smash when I've speculated the many possibilities for his new final smash.

But on the other hand, I play with final smashes off most of the time so I'm finally glad they removed Chrom from Robin's victory screen when he didn't do **** to help me.
Yeah....no, still in victory as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom