• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, yeah I'm kinda sad to see Chrom return for his final smash when I've speculated the many possibilities for his new final smash.

But on the other hand, I play with final smashes off most of the time so I'm finally glad they removed Chrom from Robin's victory screen when he didn't do **** to help me.
They did what?
Yeah....no, still in victory as well.
Oh thank goodness

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
But Skyward on Switch would be an upgrade, KHIII on Switch would be a downgrade.
Btw,
Cloud CAN be founf and unlocked playing through the map, not as many thought at first
Doesn't matter if it's a downgrade. It would be a great title for switch.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
In terms of DLC.....

Would sell my switch:
Agumon

Wouldn't buy and would be pissed:
Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Rayman, Joker, and Dixie Kong.

Would be meh with:
Sora, Geno, Monster Hunter, Slime, Dante

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thanks for contributing to the discussion and for your reasoning as to why it's a good gamemode. Oh wait neither of those things happened.
from one unimportant and foolish comment to another I suppose silly bird

WaxPython

Smash Ace
from one unimportant and foolish comment to another I suppose silly bird
I don't like board games in my smash games let alone the story mode. Kills all semblance of platforming and an open ended nature story mode with exploration.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Just wondering, is there a evidence for this or is it just a rumor?
A credible leaker said it a ways back. This is a repost of something that got deleted before even Isabelle was revealed, apparently an actual totally legitimate leak from a disgruntled tester. He was the one who mentioned new modes being patched in on day 1 and people are extrapolating from there based on the fact that we know they're gonna do a day one patch for G&W's racist fsmash and there's unused music for Home Run Contest, Sandbag has character data, etc...

In classic Smash fanbase style it's ballooned into "Oh yeah, we're getting new bosses, Minecraft content, costumes, the works" but there is credible evidence I guess of a day 1 patch with at least some new modes.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Let me get this straight mods:

You give me a flaming warning yet you allow WaxPython to continue to troll. All I told him to do was use the internet to find a very simple question on what the game mode is. (Which you can see on the smash website). He keeps referring to the adventure mode as a board game yet, we told him it's not. He is clearly baiting people.

You mods are really doing a good job here! I should of known better on smashboards.

R O F L

Smash Ace
So, have dataminers found this stuff yet?
  • Victory Animations
  • Battlefield and Omega forms
  • Pics of Mii outfits
  • Rules for normal rounds

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't like board games in my smash games let alone the story mode. Kills all semblance of platforming and an open ended nature story mode with exploration.
Ironically this is the least linear story mode we've ever had.

We legit have branching pathways now.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Is it silly that I am still mad that Robin still have Chrom ?
It was silly for you to be mad in the first place. Now it's ridiculous.

That lousy looking board game with no apparant platforming is the story mode?
Do people seriously not know the difference between a game board and a world map?

Is, like, Super Mario 3 a board game? Is every Kirby game a board game?

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Ironically this is the least linear story mode we've ever had.

We legit have branching pathways now.
Nope for example in SE in the great maze I have the option of going up down left and right to find the sequence of doors for the exit free to explore at my own pace.

A board game map which has branching paths does not make the game less linear.

And because a game that is over a decade old was linear (Melee) does not mean that I cannot have expectations for a none linear story mode in the latest smash

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
well the paths all have something different even though they lead to the same thing (like a Telltale game). With everything else taking up lots of time (and impatient ****s leaking SSE pretty much killed off story mode last game), we should be lucky we even got another one...one that’ll probably never happen next game once more due to people leaking it out again
Let me get this straight mods:

You give me a flaming warning yet you allow WaxPython to continue to troll. All I told him to do was use the internet to find a very simple question on what the game mode is. (Which you can see on the smash website). He keeps referring to the adventure mode as a board game yet, we told him it's not. He is clearly baiting people.

You mods are really doing a good job here! I should of known better on smashboards.
I had my avatar deleted due to “blood and violence”, it’s just something you’ll have to get over

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
In terms of DLC.....

Would sell my switch:
Agumon

Wouldn't buy and would be pissed:
Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Rayman, Joker, and Dixie Kong.

Would be meh with:
Sora, Geno, Monster Hunter, Slime, Dante
Damn dude. What characters would you be happy with? Unless you're joking, of course.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
well the paths all have something different even though they lead to the same thing (like a Telltale game)

I had my avatar deleted due to “blood and violence”, it’s just something you’ll have to get over
Yeah the mods are quite on the idiot spectrum over here.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It actually, by definition, does.

I'm not even that mad about it. Just confused.
that Chrom still appears if Robin wins.
Sill his final smash.
I always thought it was weird that people were bothered about characters appearing in attacks or in stage backgrounds when they're playable/ATs, etc. when it's already possible to have 8 of the same character fighting each other at once.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Nope for example in SE in the great maze I have the option of going up down left and right to find the sequence of doors for the exit free to explore at my own pace.

And because a game that is over a decade old was linear (Melee) does not mean that I cannot have expectations for a none linear story mode in the latest smash
The Great Maze is one section of Subspace's story. The very last part of it.
Up to that point, there was a continuous, straightforward, linear story.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Is, like, Super Mario 3 a board game? Is every Kirby game a board game?
There's a big reason the main title Mario games on console use 3D hub worlds these days and the ones that dont like 3D world are disliked at least compared to games like sunshine and Mario 64

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter if it's a downgrade. It would be a great title for switch.
Who asked your opinion? or Did you read through the subject first? or Do you even know what I was replying about?
Are queastions I'd like to fiercely slap into your reply BUT, since you're just in I'll say..
Please read what I was quoting first.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
The Great Maze is one section of Subspace's story. The very last part of it.
Up to that point, there was a continuous, straightforward, linear story.
Yes I agree with that but it was my point about potential.

Brawl was in development before 2007 gaming has changed since then.

No reason for me not to want an evolved none linear story mode for Smash ultimate

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
There's a big reason the main title Mario games on console use 3D hub worlds these days and the ones that dont like 3D world are disliked at least compared to games like sunshine and Mario 64
...3D World is better liked than Sunshine. The New Super Mario Bros. games sold better than the Galaxy games...

It's also, like...not even remotely relevant to whether those games are board games, which they aren't.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
don’t remember 3D World being disliked...at all...a vadt majority love that game (and 3D Land aswell). If you said something like NSMB2 or U then that comment might’ve nearly worked out better

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
It actually, by definition, does.

I always thought it was weird that people were bothered about characters appearing in attacks or in stage backgrounds when they're playable/ATs, etc. when it's already possible to have 8 of the same character fighting each other at once.
I guess I thought Robin will have different moves, but yeah, sorry if I come off as rude.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
...3D World is better liked than Sunshine. The New Super Mario Bros. games sold better than the Galaxy games...
1 3D world is not generally liked better than sunshine that is just the general consensus which is of course subjective but a few very good reviews have been made on the subject such as the expanded and stretched level design to allow for 4 player co op compromising the single player experience.

2 sales are in no way indicative of a games quality some of the vest games of all time have sold extremely poorly while some of the worst games have sold extremely well

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
Who asked your opinion? or Did you read through the subject first? or Do you even know what I was replying about?
Are queastions I'd like to fiercely slap into your reply BUT, since you're just in I'll say..
Please read what I was quoting first.
I read what you were quoting. Am I not allowed to input an opinion on a public thread?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
3D world is not generally liked better than sunshine that is just the general consensus
That's literally what a general consensus is...
2 sales are in no way indicative of a games quality
You didn't SAY the game was better, you said the game was more disliked. And sales are absolutely indicative of a game's popularity.

And, again, NONE of this has anything to do with whether those games have board game boards. You keep making these unrelated side arguments to try and hide the fact that your original statement was wrong.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
1) Half or more!? well count them.. it's third or less. How can you be sure he doesn't? even so, it's not his call but Nintendo's. KHIII on Switch, I'd like to see that happening. I don't think it's possible any time soon.
2) Does KH or DQ really need an introduction after all these years? isn't it better to drive sales of a slow sales game instead, that's already on the system and exclusive to it?
3) Whom are those people, and who is more popular? Sora lives in Sonyville. I'm not a TWEWY fan and I'd love to have Neku over Sora or Slime.
1) Sony .................................. Nintendo
Kingdom Hearts................Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II.............358/2 Days
Birth by Sleep......................Dream Drop Distance
Birth by Sleep 0.5...............reCoded*
*Technically a remake/re-release...but it didn't release for phones in the West, so I'm counting it.
As you can see, without counting remakes/re-releases, exactly half of the Kingdom Hearts series has been on Nintendo consoles..and if they do end up porting the HD Remixes to Switch like I somewhat expect they will, then they'll have exactly the same amount of the series as one another.

2) No, they don't, but neither do Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Metal Gear, Street Fighter, or Final Fantasy. The only 3rd Party that arguably needed the promotion is Bayonetta, but at this point its half-Nintendo. I just don't think Square-Enix nor Nintendo would want to promote a lesser known, less selling series as DLC then one that they know for a fact will sell gangbusters. The point of these DLC characters is to make money and more people will buy a well known property then a lesser known one.

3) Pretty much anyone that wants a different Square-Enix series* or doesn't quite know TWEWY..you can't tell me you can't see people being angry by his inclusion..this fanbase gets angry at just about anyone's inclusion or exclusion.. Please stop saying 'Sonyville' or implying inferred ownership to Sony simply due to how many/how important they are to a different system, literally the same things can be said about Snake and Cloud yet they're in and, honestly, more of their titles have been on Sony systems then Nintendo's then Sora's have. Sakurai does. not. care about console 'allegiance' but rather their importance to gaming as a whole, remember that even if Nintendo chose candidates, Sakurai chose who from those candidates became DLC.

*Note: Kingdom Hearts is NOT a Square-Enix series, it belongs to Disney, SE would be a consultant at best.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh, for crying out loud.

WaxPython WaxPython , World of Light is not a "Board Game".
FortuneStreet.png

This is a board game. Smash Tour is a Board Game.

World of Light has a World Map. I cannot stress enough that this is not the same thing.

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
don’t remember 3D World being disliked...at all...a vadt majority love that game (and 3D Land aswell). If you said something like NSMB2 or U then that comment might’ve nearly worked out better
3d land yes used the 3ds limitations to make a great game.

3d world no not really it is considered by most to be the worst 3d mario game. Still a great game but flawed.

I did mention NSMB2 but those are not mainstream titles the portable nature of a handheld system means the linear map with no hub world is suitable.

NSMBU sure, game has been rightfully criticized, the 3ds port of smash 4 needing parity is why I forgive smash 4's flaws but ultimate has np such limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom