• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Dang, Landmaster's a spirit. I was hoping it would get promoted to playable after all three Final Smashes have been cut.
Your post reminds me of this image from back in the Brawl days, when people were pissed that both Falco and Wolf used Landmasters:

Super_Landmaster_Bros.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As a huge EarthBound fanatic, I'm not reading too much into Porky's absence. If Nintendo is choosing the DLC, then why would they be interested in choosing a somewhat niche character from an inactive franchise who isn't really that popular of a request? The only way that would make sense is if Mother 3 was released overseas, and I don't need to explain how unlikely that is.

Sadly, I think the more logical conclusion is that he's simply not in the game.
He's still a weird character to exclude especially when Ness's Dad is in there.. I'm also of the mind that if he's not here, he's not in the game, but it's not like there isn't any Porky pngs to use. Even then, some of the Mother characters use their sprites because they lack official art.

Oh well.
>2-rep franchise has the most obscure characters repped as spirits yet the character who's more or less the main villain for both Earthbound and Mother 3 is mysteriously missing as both a boss and spirit

yep mhm nothing suspicious about this
I want to belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve. But for now, I'll just assume it's because Square was stingy about them using Porky

:4pacman:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Okay so we can datamine the whole thing so people have the game. WHY isn't somebody streaming like WoL or Classic Mode or you know, something interesting we can watch.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay so we can datamine the whole thing so people have the game. WHY isn't somebody streaming like WoL or Classic Mode or you know, something interesting we can watch.
Because they're being nice to us, and they're trying to avoid spoiling a couple stuff for us...

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Because they're being nice to us, and they're trying to avoid spoiling a couple stuff for us...
Weird. I feel like we know everything already by now. Cutscenes, bosses, Mii costumes, Spirits. We just have to see gameplay of bosses and "how to unlock" the characters.

Untouch

Smash Master
is there anything else left to leak really?
if someone has the game I want to see how squad strike works

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Pauline is playable in one single spin-off, so she already makes more sense than PP or Waluigi.
PP is also from far back, though. Plantboi makes sense tbh. But also it's cause I really like the addition lol.

But Pauline, Mario, and Donkey Kong (depending on which lore you follow lmao) are all from that one fateful arcade game so
Rosalina debuted in 2007 and had only made four appearances before she was added in Smash.

I honestly think there isn't any solid criteria for what makes a Mario character a choice that "makes sense". Obviously age and importance don't matter to Sakurai as much as we thought, so if he can think of a moveset, I guess they're getting in Smash.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
is there anything else left to leak really?
if someone has the game I want to see how squad strike works
As far as I'm aware, Squad Strike has multiple modes: Tag Team is character stocks in one battle, Elimination is a series of 1v1s.

beans

Smash Lord
Came from Picross Advance hell.
Anything new happen? Is steve even more confirmed? Is Banjo confirmed to be a taxidermy bear in the minecraft stage?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Rosalina debuted in 2007 and had only made four appearances before she was added in Smash.

I honestly think there isn't any solid criteria for what makes a Mario character a choice that "makes sense". Obviously age and importance don't matter to Sakurai as much as we thought, so if he can think of a moveset, I guess they're getting in Smash.
Tbf, Galaxy was a pretty important game.

Though you're right about he doesn't care about age as much as most fans.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I agree, I was just pointing out how long she's been around as a fun fact.
However, it is way more important that she's way back in the forefront of relevancy cause of Odyssey and is even now in Mario Tennis.

Not that I even particularly care about relevancy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Not that it means anything, but I can see why PP doesn't due to getting in later. However, Porky not having one is pretty big. More obscure characters from Mother are in as spirits yet he isn't. Makes you think
To be honest, Mother is kind of a dead series, so I really don't see it getting another character added as DLC...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not that it means anything, but I can see why PP doesn't due to getting in later. However, Porky not having one is pretty big. More obscure characters from Mother are in as spirits yet he isn't. Makes you think
That's real weird indeed. It's also weird how they recycled bosses from Subspace, like Galleom, but didn't bother with adding Porky back in.

D

Deleted member

I just realized, if Porky ended up being DLC, his stage would likely be the Devil's Machine, and that excites me to no end.

Unless they want to be boring and just use the Empire Porky Building or Twoson...

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's real weird indeed. It's also weird how they recycled bosses from Subspace, like Galleom, but didn't bother with adding Porky back in.
Gameplay? Porky was hardly the most fun boss around. Though I guess that's subjective.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just realized, if Porky ended up being DLC, his stage would likely be the Devil's Machine, and that excites me to no end.

Unless they want to be boring and just use the Empire Porky Building or Twoson...
I dunno, still think Saturn Valley is a overlooked option and the only location that represents both EarthBound and Mother 3, as well as the infamous Mr.Saturn... Maybe Porky will become a DLC boss?

Gameplay? Porky was hardly the most fun boss around. Though I guess that's subjective.
Of course he wasn't. But the fact he was there at the very least was cool.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
"Ness's Father"

Okay, why isn't Porky a spirit? And has Marx been 100% confirmed as a boss yet with ingame screens or something?
Not by ingame screenshots, but there is code in the files for his attacks. I believe someone mentioned the ice bomb attack and such.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Screw square nintendo should go to Falcom for Ys series instead of any square rpg, falcom will probably give Nintendo spirits,music,stage with no problem
I would not mind this. Ys has fantastic music.

Also, speaking of music, Fire Emblem Thracia 776 is apparently now the only Fire Emblem game left without any music in Smash Bros. Well at least, Leif/Leaf has a reference as a spirit.

D

Deleted member

I dunno, still think Saturn Valley is a overlooked option and the only location that represents both EarthBound and Mother 3, as well as the infamous Mr.Saturn...
Problem I have with that is that Saturn Valley has literally nothing to do with Porky. It'd be a great location to have a stage, but bundled with Porky?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, after learning the amount of cutscenes and bosses in the game, I want DLC outside of fighter pass even less. Team Let development team rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom