• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't get it.
Neither do I - maybe it has to do with the backgrounds of the icons? - but also I just noticed that the Soma Cruz icon (and presumably Spirit) uses his Harmony of Despair artwork and while that isn't quite Aria of Sorrow it's still a damn sight better than Dawn of Sorrow. Thank God.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Adeleine would be a cool pick, anyway. She's actually the only Kirby character I'd be somewhat excited to see.

Alas, it won't happen. Not even a spirit...dang.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Regardless of the fake leak, with Skull Kid, Ghirahim, and Midna ATs, and Tingle a stage hazard, Impa seems the likeliest Zelda DLC character if we were to get one.

And she deserves it with her 8 main series appearances + 1 spinoff appearance.

~end short Impa rant~

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Catching up on some things:

What’s with the fits about Cloud having little content in the game? I mean I get that it’s disappointing, but people seemed be throwing quite the tantrum against Square and even it seems Cloud’s inclusion in Smash. We have the character and the stage, the most important two things for Smash, so what does it really matter??? Take the miracle Sakurai managed to get for us twice it seems. Even if the content is extremely limited, Final Fantasy is a deserving inclusion in Smash.

Potential Geno spirit makes me sad. He’s morning dead yet since I don’t consider Spirits to lock characters out of DLC, but it’s certainly another blow to his chances. On the upside I guess is that I almost expect no Square character at this point, and maybe Geno really is all that they can make happen if we get one. So yay?

And not having Rayquaza and Porky return as bosses is super we weird and a giant missed opportunity I feel like. They’re such perfect inclusions to take from Brawl...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh **** apparantly Trace and Kanden are spirits but Sylux isn't
Yeah, it was mentioned that Sylux isn't a spirit. I still don't know for sure if this has anything to do with who gets chosen for DLC. But if it does, Sylux's chances look more than impossible.

Don't know if Noxus, Spire and Weavil are spirits too or not though.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Adeleine would be a cool pick, anyway. She's actually the only Kirby character I'd be somewhat excited to see.

Alas, it won't happen. Not even a spirit...dang.
She?? Adeleine is a girl? Whoa. My whole concept of reality has changed. I always thought Adeleine was a he

Wait holy **** I just heard Cloud doesn't appear at ALL in World of Light what the ****
There were quite a lot of clouds in the opening cinematic

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Sylux and Porky being absent from Spirits/Boss roles does seem noteworthy, especially because them being potential character picks could be a way to tie them in with certain announcements,

like a Mother 3 Rerelease for Porky

or drumming up Hype for Prime 4 with Sylux

Untouch

Smash Master
There aren't any Bethesda spirits in the files.
If Pete Hines really did talk to Nintendo about Smash Bros and it didn't just end in them denying everything he asked about, he wasn't talking about the base game.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
https://pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N

These are the actual names, not the filenames. There's a separate info dump for that if you want
Weird I cannot find the Mockiwi spirit on that list from Hey Pikmin... I am 1000% sure we saw it in many showcases from the past week

EDIT oh wait it was not bundled with the other Pikmin stuff and appears at the bottom of the list. Mt mistake

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
That's cause our Mans got the best beats in the business.

:4megaman::ultmegaman: Robot Boyz :ultmegaman::4megaman:
Maybe I'm biased as I've been a long time fan, but boy they sure are the best in the business.
Have you went through the whole released already? I'm still waiting for Wily's Stage 1

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You sure about that? Her not being a spirit could be a good sign like it is for Phoenix Wright.
Eh for Phoenix it doesn't change anything now. If we had a lot of unrepresented third parties as spirits it would be notable, but after the datamine it doesn't hold water.

The only positive outlook for him is in the scenario that spirits do disconfirm. And even then there's a lot of third party competition and a handful of notable Nintendo absentees (Sylux being the bigger one for me)

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If Pete Hines really did talk to Nintendo about Smash Bros and it didn't just end in them denying everything he asked about, he wasn't talking about the base game.
Bethesda: "Hey, that Smash game of yours looks pretty cool."
Nintendo: "Yeah, it is pretty cool."
Bethesda: "Yeah."

D

Deleted member

Weird I cannot find the Mockiwi spirit on that list from Hey Pikmin... I am 1000% sure we saw it in many showcases from the past week.
It's towards the bottom with the other spirits from newer Nintendo games.

I swear I'm going to be saying this a lot today.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
I just woke up and I've been reading, if someone who knows the most recent leaks could answer this question about bosses I'd be very grateful!

Is it true Balder really isn't a boss?

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Just caught up on the Cloud stuff:

What the ****, Square Enix? You are seriously this damn stingy and picky that you are not letting him show up at all in the World of Light? Imagine if the 3rd party characters get a cool cutscene in the mode, you are really gonna have Cloud absent in it? Final Fantasy feels so odd in terms of representation here that it's like if Cloud was the young boy wanting to go to a party he wants to go and Square Enix being the overprotective parents that bar him from going.

Konami's handling and willingness to have Sakurai go ham with Castlevania is miles better then anything you have done with Final Fantasy here, Square Enix. You know you are in a pretty bad light when KONAMI looks better then you.

EDIT: They even let Sakurai use ALUCARD for Richter's Palutena's Guidance. I mean, come on.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey guys! Anything I missed while I was away? Don’t have the time to read through 20+ pages of stuff.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Weird I cannot find the Mockiwi spirit on that list from Hey Pikmin... I am 1000% sure we saw it in many showcases from the past week

EDIT oh wait it was not bundled with the other Pikmin stuff and appears at the bottom of the list. Mt mistake
Yeah, the Spirits from newer games are at the bottom. It's the same with much of the BotW, Odyssey and newer Yoshi stuff...

D

Deleted member

Now that Pauline is in Mario Tennis Ace, maybe they could add her to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe while also putting K.Rool in both games.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, assuming we actually end up getting 30 DLC characters in this game's post-launch cycle, it'd be pretty sweet if Monster Hunter and Dovakhiin are announced at the same time. An East Meets West scenario, if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom