• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
There's no way I'm watching the cutscenes before I see them in-game, that's way too much in the way of spoilers

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Pretty satisfied with the list of Spirits. We got references to a lot of old games, many of which completely suprised me.

Still, if I'm being honest, I'm dreading speculation for DLC. Virtually every notable character got a Spirit, and I can't help but shake my head when I think of everyone looking at this list and saying, "OMG my favorite third-party character isn't a Spirit!! This is huge, guys!!"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sm...-datamining-has-started-read-op.82583/page-60
Ryce is now saying he doesn't believe minecraft stuff is DLC, he hasn't heard about it at all.
I'll believe it. No one's really stepped forward to support Verge's claims, and even Verge himself has never buckled down on the Minecraft content.

I wouldn't be opposed to Steve, but I'd really like to get a focus on first-party characters instead.

Now that Pauline is in Mario Tennis Ace, maybe they could add her to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe while also putting K.Rool in both games.
I'll be ecstatic if Pauline becomes the next Rosalina and somehow makes it in the next Smash game. She's truly one of Nintendo's all-stars, and I'd love to see how they'd approach her as an actual fighter.

D

Deleted member

Pretty satisfied with the list of Spirits. We got references to a lot of old games, many of which completely suprised me.

Still, if I'm being honest, I'm dreading speculation for DLC. Virtually every notable character got a Spirit, and I can't help but shake my head when I think of everyone looking at this list and saying, "OMG my favorite third-party character isn't a Spirit!! This is huge, guys!!"

I'll believe it. No one's really stepped forward to support Verge's claims, and even Verge himself has never buckled down on the Minecraft content.

I wouldn't be opposed to Steve, but I'd really like to get a focus on first-party characters instead.

I'll be ecstatic if Pauline becomes the next Rosalina and somehow makes it in the next Smash game. She's truly one of Nintendo's all-stars, and I'd love to see how they'd approach her as an actual fighter.
She could use the minis and stuff from the DK arcade trilogy on her moveset (Mini Mario and Mini DK, the bug spray from DK3, the hammer from DK1 and even some enemies from DK Jr.)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
God that's some low *** expectations when i'm not even holding out hope for a character and just wishing for a track; and/or having it's AT back.
Hey, it helped me in the long run lol
Um, Adeleine is a boys name.
Adeleine is a variation of Adeline which is a girls name

Last edited:

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, Squirtle and Ivysaur have their own Palutena’s Guidance, which I imagine can be triggered (assumedly) by having a certain Pokémon out at any given time.

The strange part is, Pokémon Trainer also has a Guidance. How do you suppose we activate that? Unless we are able to play as Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard separately....

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So Geno is a spirit (not an icon).. and Fighters get their own "fighting spirit" (non equipable trophy spirit).
So yeah..

Edit: I'll say Geno fans, hold it till the first DLC is announced. Don't lose hope yet.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Apparently, Squirtle and Ivysaur have their own Palutena’s Guidance, which I imagine can be triggered (assumedly) by having a certain Pokémon out at any given time.

The strange part is, Pokémon Trainer also has a Guidance. How do you suppose we activate that? Unless we are able to play as Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard separately....
Could be randomized. Either Pokemon Trainer or the Pokemon itself activates Palutena's Guidance.

Gotta say, it's nice that they're putting so much effort into acknowledging the actual fighters instead of the generic blanket character. Between this, their own unique icons, and being listed as 3 different fighters on the website, the Pokemon trio has gotten treated fairly well.

D

Deleted member

BRUH WHAT THE **** MY POST FROM YESTERDAY WAS DELETED
And I'm so excited to listen to the soundtrack

D

Deleted member

Dang, Landmaster's a spirit. I was hoping it would get promoted to playable after all three Final Smashes have been cut.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
So the cutscenes are really only the start and final confrontation. Nothing directly related to any characters or their lore. Given that, the no platforming levels and the, in my opinion, very disappointing list of bosses (No Rayquazza, Porky, Duon, almost nothing new) I am thinking Subspace will be miles ahead of this for me.

Last edited:

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Gotta be honest though, Porky not being a spirit really makes me believe he could be DLC. You'd think a former Brawl boss would get AT LEAST a spirit, so his situation is very suspicious as of right now...

I think he'd be a great DLC character FWIW - maybe tagging along with a Mother 3 localization, as well?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey guys good morning what's goi--

*Sees WoL cutscenes leak*
i'm gonna go visit sakurais grave of hopes and dreams. See you guys after the game comes out.

D

Deleted member

Gotta be honest though, Porky not being a spirit really makes me believe he could be DLC. You'd think a former Brawl boss would get AT LEAST a spirit, so his situation is very suspicious as of right now...

I think he'd be a great DLC character FWIW - maybe tagging along with a Mother 3 localization, as well?
That would be one of the best possible timelines
ALSO WHO THE **** DELETED MY POST FROM YESTERDAY?!

D

Deleted member

Porky's absence is just bizarre. My best guess is that the Absolutely Safe Capsule is meant to represent him, but even then, Marx has two spirits so...

D

Deleted member

"Ness's Father"

Okay, why isn't Porky a spirit? And has Marx been 100% confirmed as a boss yet with ingame screens or something?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
As a huge EarthBound fanatic, I'm not reading too much into Porky's absence. If Nintendo is choosing the DLC, then why would they be interested in choosing a somewhat niche character from an inactive franchise who isn't really that popular of a request? The only way that would make sense is if Mother 3 was released overseas, and I don't need to explain how unlikely that is.

Sadly, I think the more logical conclusion is that he's simply not in the game.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
As a huge EarthBound fanatic, I'm not reading too much into Porky's absence. If Nintendo is choosing the DLC, then why would they be interested in choosing a somewhat niche character from an inactive franchise who isn't really that popular of a request? The only way that would make sense is if Mother 3 was released overseas, and I don't need to explain how unlikely that is.

Sadly, I think the more logical conclusion is that he's simply not in the game.
Because he’s the best Nintendo character.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"Ness's Father"

Okay, why isn't Porky a spirit? And has Marx been 100% confirmed as a boss yet with ingame screens or something?
>2-rep franchise has the most obscure characters repped as spirits yet the character who's more or less the main villain for both Earthbound and Mother 3 is mysteriously missing as both a boss and spirit

yep mhm nothing suspicious about this

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Welp, I guess it's time for me to go.

I wanna avoid being seriously spoiled. Music leaks are fine, but once we get to the serious stuff that's where I draw the line.
It's been really fun everybody! From E3 to Verg and the box to the Grinch and everything in between! It was my first Smash hype season, and i'm glad I joined for this one because it was really wacky!

I met a lot of cool people too! Like @Luigi The President and @Mr. Wario and Pyra Pyra , and @Zabadoo and @Mc.Rad and @Arigarmy and @Indecisive Fisher and @staindgrey and @Idon and @TotsBS and @Shroob and lightdrago lightdrago and Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and @tehponycorn, I can't name all the cool people because you're all cool! Except @Zinith...nah just kidding, you're cool too buddy!

This isn't the last time you'll see me, i'll still pop in here and there, and once the game's out i'll be back for good. But I really don't wanna be spoiled. You know how it is. I just wanna say thanks for putting up with me the past 8 months, I know i'm kinda annoying and weird but you've all been great to me.

Once we're at 12 days left I wanna do a daily countdown thing, where I post a drawing once a day until Ultimate's out, so i'm gonna do that. But besides that I won't be posting as much until release.

Don't think of it as a goodbye, more of a see you later. Because i'll definitely see you guys later! Even if you wanted to you'll never get rid of Noipoi!

I'll leave you with this image. I could just leave like a normal person, but if i'm gonna leave, I gotta make a dramatic exit!

View attachment 179458

See you guys soon, especially once the game is released!

Noipoi Out.

:ultincineroar:RAWR! (Later, Losers!)
:ultinkling:Woomy! (See ya on the flipside!)

:ultisabelle:(I-I hope we weren't too annoying!)
Bye, Noi....
We'll miss ya

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pauline is playable in one single spin-off, so she already makes more sense than PP or Waluigi.
PP is also from far back, though. Plantboi makes sense tbh. But also it's cause I really like the addition lol.

But Pauline, Mario, and Donkey Kong (depending on which lore you follow lmao) are all from that one fateful arcade game so

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
"Ness's Father"

Marx should be, because he's in the same unique stage section as Ganon is and the opening movie confirmed ganon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom